Windows 10: Unable to change all settings text to English

Discus and support Unable to change all settings text to English in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A repair place reinstalled Windows 10 Home to version Version 20H2. They stupidly chose German as the language! In settings, I went to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Autumn20, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Autumn20 Win User

Unable to change all settings text to English

A repair place reinstalled Windows 10 Home to version Version 20H2. They stupidly chose German as the language!

In settings, I went to the equivalent of "Time & language" clicked Region & language, under Languages, clicked Add a language. I choose US English, etc. I restarted the computer. I selected US as my region.

Oddly, under System > About, under "Related Settings"I see text in German. All the text above that is in English.

Under Multitasking, I see mostly English but the text explainingAlt+Tab is in German! I can't read German.

How can I change ALL settings to English? Do I have to reinstall Windows again?

:)

Autumn20, Oct 31, 2020

2. How can I change my setting to english(Ireland)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + I to open settings.

2. Click Time and language

3. Click "region and language" and choose the appropriate region from the drop down list.

4. Under "language", click "add language" and select "English".

5. Under English, choose "English(Ireland)".

6. Once its downloaded, click English(Ireland) and click "set it as default".

7. Restart the computer and check.

Also, try these steps:

1. Press Windows key + R

2. Type control and press enter to open the control panel.

3. Click "language". If you don't see language, change the category to "small view" from the drop down list.

4. Under "change your language preference", make sure that English(Ireland) is at the top of the list

Let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 31, 2020
  3. mandewho Win User
    Updated Twitter app changed language. Unable to return to English

I used the previous version of the twitter app on windows 10 without problems. My preferred language was English and so was the interface. After updating to the new version of the app, the app now has an interface in Hebrew and displays from right to left. I've done all I could think of to change it back to English and left-to-right direction but nothing works.

• The language selected in the app Settings is English.
    • The Windows 10 display language is English
    • I uninstalled and reinstalled several times, both through Apps and Features and PowerShell. The newly installed app immediately logs into my twitter account. Since I completely removed the app from the pc, where does the app take that login info from? Are there settings files hidden somewhere that control the way the app behaves and even override the in-app language settings?
    • I even searched the registry for my login info but didn't find anything meaningful.
    • I also tried changing locale in windows itself. It too didn't work.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

mandewho, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Unable to change all settings text to English

Unable to set default language to English

Hi,

Thanks you for posting your reply and update.

Apologies for the delayed response.

The information provided by you is not enough for us to understand the issue. Please provide us with the below details for better clarity.

• Did you try to add English using the steps suggested by Wungraileng Vashi
      on November 1, 2015?
    • Do you get any error message when you try to add English as your default language?

Please get back to us with the above details so that we can assist you further.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Unable to change all settings text to English

1. Unable to change all settings text to English - Similar Threads - Unable change settings

2. All text in settings are disorganized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All text in settings are disorganized: I set my windows display language to norweigian several days ago, and today I updated windows yesterday, windows version 22621.1635 all texts in settings are disorganized and I have no idea on how to change the settings. And I cannot change the language back since when the...
  3. All text in settings are disorganized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All text in settings are disorganized: I set my windows display language to norweigian several days ago, and today I updated windows yesterday, windows version 22621.1635 all texts in settings are disorganized and I have no idea on how to change the settings. And I cannot change the language back since when the...
  4. Unable to change text size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change text size: Hi Today I changed my text size in Win11 but then I did not like it so I decided to revert back to my old text size but when I try to move the slider it does not move and my screen starts to change into a night light sort of color...
  5. Unable to change text size

Unable to change text size: Hi Today I changed my text size in Win11 but then I did not like it so I decided to revert back to my old text size but when I try to move the slider it does not move and my screen starts to change into a night light sort of color...
  6. Microsoft Photos 2021 unable to set to English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos 2021 unable to set to English: My Microsoft Photos 2021.21090.10008.0 is showing in Chinese , how should it change back to English? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-2021-unable-to-set-to-english/1da577d8-1261-4017-ae21-4fcdda8d86d0
  7. Microsoft Photos 2021 unable to set to English

Microsoft Photos 2021 unable to set to English: My Microsoft Photos 2021.21090.10008.0 is showing in Chinese , how should it change back to English? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-2021-unable-to-set-to-english/1da577d8-1261-4017-ae21-4fcdda8d86d0
  8. How can I change it to English? I've changed everything to English in the language settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I change it to English? I've changed everything to English in the language settings.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SWAGNEMITE_1309 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikkws9/how_can_i_change_it_to_english_ive_changed/
  9. Some text in Settings changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some text in Settings changing: Hello! I suddenly noticed after turning on my computer that this happened. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] How did it turn into this? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-text-in-settings-changing/5d7dc74f-53e1-4251-aa92-4b4413102cc5
  10. Cannot change settings, all text faded and unclickable

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot change settings, all text faded and unclickable: [img] So if you are wondering about my past issues, I got them patched up, but I wanted to turn win defender off for sometime, but this happened. 140410