Windows 10: Unable to change any settings in "Windows Security"

Discus and support Unable to change any settings in "Windows Security" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 Home. For the past several months, I have been unable to change any settings in any of the areas of the Windows Security app.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BrettSperry, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Unable to change any settings in "Windows Security"

I am running Windows 10 Home.

For the past several months, I have been unable to change any settings in any of the areas of the Windows Security app.

Ie, I can't toggle Real-time protection on or off. It is stuck in the On position and immediately flips back on On when I try to turn it Off.

Same thing happens for everything else under Windows Security including Firewall, App and Browser control, Device security, etc.

I have tried DISM and SFC cleaning.

I have run Malwarebytes which didn't pick up anything.

It also does not let me create another Administrator account on Windows in Normal or Safe Mode to see if that would fix it.

Any ideas?

:)

BrettSperry, Oct 30, 2020

2. Security settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel then click on the Power Options.
    • Click on the change plan settings.
    • Select change advanced power settings.
    • Change settings that are currently unavailable
    • Go to require a password on wakeup and select ‘No’

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Unable to change any settings in "Windows Security"

Administrator security settings keep changing

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

What error message do you get when you try to save and sync files?

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open command prompt and type the commands below (Type it in Search or Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click on Command Prompt admin).
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the Command Prompt window.
    Try these steps as well.

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Unable to change any settings in "Windows Security"

1. Unable to change any settings in "Windows Security" - Similar Threads - Unable change settings

2. i cant change any of my settings in windows security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant change any of my settings in windows security: whenever i open windows security the side panel is completely blank. ive tried scanning with malwarebytes, and following lots of youtube tutorials. i do not know if its a virus or just a problem with my computer...
  3. i cant change any of my settings in windows security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant change any of my settings in windows security: whenever i open windows security the side panel is completely blank. ive tried scanning with malwarebytes, and following lots of youtube tutorials. i do not know if its a virus or just a problem with my computer...
  4. i cant change any of my settings in windows security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Security can't change settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security can't change settings.: Why can't i turn my real-time protection on and other settings in windows security? You cannot click on it at all to turn it on or off. Last time i can't open Windows Security at all so I factory Reseted my laptop then it became like this. I tried to reset Windows Security...
  6. Security settings are grayed out in Hyper-V; Unable to change Security settings

in Windows 10 News
    Security settings are grayed out in Hyper-V; Unable to change Security settings: [ATTACH]If you cannot change Security settings or the Security settings page is grayed out in Hyper-V, here are some simple solutions to get the options back. This page can show an error message saying Some settings cannot be modified because the virtual machine was in the...
  7. Microsoft Defender not letting me change any settings in windows security

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Defender not letting me change any settings in windows security: Microsoft defender is not letting me change anything in the settings. if i try to it just switches back, it won't let me add exclusions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender-not-letting-me-change-any/e177ab8a-1905-4f13-b303-9de6fa1ba2a8
  8. Unable to add any printers due to an accidental change in security settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to add any printers due to an accidental change in security settings: I have 2 wireless printers. I am the only user/administrator for my laptop with Windows 10. Somehow, when i went in to look at security access, I removed MYSELF from access to manage printers. I have tried everything...removing and adding back, updating and resetting hard...
  9. Change to security settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Change to security settings: Your pin is no longer available due to change to the security settings in this device. You can set up you oin again by going to settings>accounts>sign in options. But the problem is i cant past this screen to action...
  10. Change to security settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Change to security settings: Brought a new acer cumputor , went through setup a niw sruck in acscreen that says; your pin is no longer available due to change to the security settings in this device. You can set up you oin again by going to settings>accounts>sign in options. But the problem is i cant...