Windows 10: Unable to change app storage drive after reinstalling Windows (0x800700005)

Discus and support Unable to change app storage drive after reinstalling Windows (0x800700005) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had The Outer Worlds installed from Microsoft Game Pass PC in my D: drive before reformatting and reinstalling Windows 10 on my C: drive (the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SunnySanity, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Unable to change app storage drive after reinstalling Windows (0x800700005)

I had The Outer Worlds installed from Microsoft Game Pass PC in my D: drive before reformatting and reinstalling Windows 10 on my C: drive (the D:\WindowsApps folder is still occupied). I wanted to reinstall The Outer Worlds in my D: drive, so I tried changing the new app save location (Settings>Storage>Change Where New Content is Saved) from C: to D:. It tells me that the drive has apps from another device and that the other apps must be deleted to use the drive. If I select either answer (yes or no), it gives me "We couldn't set your default save location; this operation did not complete successfully." If I select yes, it gives me error 0x800700005; if I select no, it gives me 0x80004004.

Not only can I not reinstall The Outer Worlds in my D: drive, but I now permanently have a useless 37GB block of data on my D: drive (I obviously don't want to reformat my entire D: drive). Is there anything I can do?

Thanks,

Sunny

:)

SunnySanity, Oct 27, 2019

2. Changing the default storage designation for the Microsoft Windows Store and various apps.

Hi Isaac,

The default storage location for the Windows store and apps is in system location where Windows is stored (This PC-> C drive), if you want to change the default location of the apps then I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings
    and check if it helps.

• Open Settings and click on the System icon.
    • Click on Storage on the left side, on the right side under
      Save locations, select the drive to where you want your
      documents
      , music, pictures, and/or
      videos
      to be saved to by default.
    • Click/tap on Apply.

The above settings option is available only from the Windows version (10586), I suggest you to check in which version of Windows build in installed on your computer.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Can´t change the default storage drive.

Hello.

I changed the default storage drive (from C: to DUnable to change app storage drive after reinstalling Windows (0x800700005) :) in "Settings>>System>>Storage, however the Windows continues to install all apps in C: drive. Any suggestion?

HelderCardoso_0707, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Unable to change app storage drive after reinstalling Windows (0x800700005)

Change defalut drive for Download, Documents, Pictures, Videos, etc on Windows 10

Hi Thomas,

Managing storage space and default hard drives is made easy with Windows 10. Here are the steps:

• Click Start and click the gear icon, or press Windows+I.
    • On the Settings window, click System.
    • Click Storage.
    From there you can change save locations of apps, documents, pictures and etc. Note that this process won't change the location of the apps that you have already installed. You can uninstall the apps, change the settings and reinstall the app to apply the
    settings.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mark Isi, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Unable to change app storage drive after reinstalling Windows (0x800700005)

1. Unable to change app storage drive after reinstalling Windows (0x800700005) - Similar Threads - Unable change app

2. storage drives not showing up after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    storage drives not showing up after reinstalling windows: My original system drive kicked the bucket, so I replaced it with a new one and clean installed windows 10. As per most recommendations I disconnected my two storage drives 1HDD and 1 SSD before doing the clean install, and then reconnected them after. Now they aren't showing...
  3. storage drives not showing up after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    storage drives not showing up after reinstalling windows: My original system drive kicked the bucket, so I replaced it with a new one and clean installed windows 10. As per most recommendations I disconnected my two storage drives 1HDD and 1 SSD before doing the clean install, and then reconnected them after. Now they aren't showing...
  4. storage drives not showing up after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Reinstall After Hard Drive Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Reinstall After Hard Drive Change: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop. It is fairly old, bought new around 2007ish. It came with Windows 7 as the original OS. Over the years, it has updated to newer versions all on its own. It's now running Windows 10.A couple of weeks ago, it was attempting to update to the newest...
  6. Windows Reinstall After Hard Drive Change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Reinstall After Hard Drive Change: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop. It is fairly old, bought new around 2007ish. It came with Windows 7 as the original OS. Over the years, it has updated to newer versions all on its own. It's now running Windows 10.A couple of weeks ago, it was attempting to update to the newest...
  7. Windows Reinstall After Hard Drive Change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Reinstalling Windows 10, unable to find storage drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Windows 10, unable to find storage drives: My computer HP Paviallion -360 has been frozen in the startup repair loop for some time. I finally was able to get a fresh copy of Windows 10 on a USB drive, and am able to enter the installation page for Windows 10, but during the Windows setup, when I try to select "Where...
  9. Error 0x800700005

Error 0x800700005: Need help with this error code when I have rebooted my PC full factory reset this is to do with an update failed the code is 0x80070005 version 1903 I’m not sure what to do or how to do it can someone please help thank you very much and appreciated...
  10. Reinstalling Windows 10, unable to find storage drives

Reinstalling Windows 10, unable to find storage drives: My computer (HP Envy h8-1534) has been frozen in the startup repair loop for some time. I finally was able to get a fresh copy of Windows 10 on a USB drive, and am able to enter the installation page for Windows 10, but during the Windows setup, when I try to select "Where do...