Windows 10: Unable to change BitLocker password

Discus and support Unable to change BitLocker password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I am using Windows 10 Pro with an admin user connected to my Office 365 I am logging in using my email, which is not Microsoft email.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Igor Grubisic, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Unable to change BitLocker password

Hi everyone,

I am using Windows 10 Pro with an admin user connected to my Office 365 I am logging in using my email, which is not Microsoft email.

BitLocker is enabled by default, but I do not see the option to change the BL password, nor do I see the option to ask for password upon boot.

Can you please help?

Thank you,

Igor

:)

Igor Grubisic, Jan 10, 2020
  2. Ernie San Win User

changing bitlocker password, Windows 10

Hello Keith,

We suggest to change it from Control Panel. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Unlock drive.
    • Type your present password and click Unlock.
    • The drive will be unlocked and you will notice more links on the right of that particular unlocked drive, click
      Change password.
    • Now, you may type your Old password, New password and Confirm new password.
    • Click Change password.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jan 10, 2020
  3. why doesn't my bitlocker make me type a password?

Hi,

I understand that you have issue with Bitlocker password. I will certainly assist you with this.

Please provide us below details for better assistance,

• Is your Bitlocker enabled on your system?

• Have you made any changes on your system before this issue?

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and hit Enter.

3. Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.

4. Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on Start button.

5. Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

If the issue persists then change the password and change the settings on how drive is unlocked at startup.

Hope it will fix your issue. Please let us know the status of your issue.

Thank You.

Krishna Priya V, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Unable to change BitLocker password

account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Unable to change BitLocker password

1. Unable to change BitLocker password - Similar Threads - Unable change BitLocker

2. Unable to change domain password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change domain password: Hi,I have an industrial PC that was initially setup by a coworker. Whenever we start the windows we get the following message:"Your password has expired and must be changed " And after that point no matter I try I receive the following error:"Configuration information could...
  3. Unable to change domain password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change domain password: Hi,I have an industrial PC that was initially setup by a coworker. Whenever we start the windows we get the following message:"Your password has expired and must be changed " And after that point no matter I try I receive the following error:"Configuration information could...
  4. Unable to Change Computer Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to Change Computer Password: I have a big problem here. I will explain...When I set up my new Windows 10 PC I set up the Password using an email address which has now since been deactivated for over two years. It is no longer recoverable according to Google...!Now, when I went in to change my Password it...
  5. bitlocker changes its own password

bitlocker changes its own password: yesterday I was able to activate the password after a while the password and recovery key changed by themselves, do you have a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-changes-its-own-password/d554cad5-e460-427e-9cf7-973b986a751c
  6. Unable to change Bitlocker password on External hard disk

Unable to change Bitlocker password on External hard disk: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Pro on my personal laptop. I had encrypted one of my external hard disks using Bitlocker couple of years back and it is running fine. However when I try to change the password it gives me error saying "The drive cannot be encrypted because it...
  7. Unable to change lockscreen password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to change lockscreen password: Hey, I'm hoping for help on how to change my lockscreen password on my pc. I can't seem to change any password other than my actual Microsoft account password which doesn't affect my lockscreen password. Any help is appreciated. submitted by /u/j0ckstancer [link]...
  8. Unable to change password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change password: I've tried going CTRL + ALT + DEL and selecting 'Change Password' but when i go to click 'change password' after typing in my old password and a new one, it comes up with the following message: Configuration information could not be read from the domain controller, either...
  9. bitLocker Drive - How to change the password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bitLocker Drive - How to change the password: Can you tell me how to change the password for Bit Locker on my zip drive - I have the recovery key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/bitlocker-drive-how-to-change-the-password/d1886e66-3ea6-4c4e-92e6-941c37ef3190
  10. Change BitLocker Password in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change BitLocker Password in Windows 10: How to: Change BitLocker Password in Windows 10 How to Change BitLocker Password in Windows 10 [img] Information BitLocker Drive Encryption is a data protection feature that integrates with the operating system and addresses the threats of data theft or exposure from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot change the password with BitLocker