Windows 10: Unable to change brightness via fn + brightness keys after windows 10 update

Discus and support Unable to change brightness via fn + brightness keys after windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Same problem with muting and unmuting via fn+(un)mute. Other fn combinations seem to work. It is possible to change the brightness via settings but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Relfe, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Relfe Win User

Unable to change brightness via fn + brightness keys after windows 10 update

Same problem with muting and unmuting via fn+(un)mute.
    Other fn combinations seem to work.
    It is possible to change the brightness via settings but I really want the hotkeys to work.

I have tried updating drivers for keyboards and display adapters but that didn't work.
    I tried uninstalling drivers and rebooting, didn't work either.
    Tried complient drivers, still no luck.

I'm on a HP Zbook Studio G4.

Going back to an older version of windows is a last resort and I don't want to do that yet.

:)

Relfe, Mar 12, 2019

2. Brightness and Fn keys

Greetings,

On a previous computer, if I wanted to decrease brightness, I would press the F7 key. If I wanted to search, I would press Fn+F3. On my present computer, I have to use Fn+F7 to decrease brightness, and F3 alone searches. How do I reverse the Fn key requirement
    to not needing it for changing brightness, sound, etc?

zkidmicrosoft, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Function key will not work correctly when setting up brightness.

Hi Ashique,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Do you face the issue with only brightness?

The special keys like Fn key with the options to change brightness or to reduce sound are provided by the laptop manufacturer.

We would suggest you to update or download the software from the computer manufacturer website.

Ravinath P, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Unable to change brightness via fn + brightness keys after windows 10 update

Brightness control option using the keys "fn + f9" and "fn + f10 are not working on Windows 10.

Original Title: Windows 10 brightness issue

I have an HP ProBook 445 G2 Notebook PC that came with Windows 8.1 Enterprise. I recently did a clean installation of Windows 10 Home. My keyboard had a brightness control option using the keys "fn + f9" and "fn + f10". These brightness control hotkeys stopped
    working after I installed Windows 10, although other hotkeys like the one for volume control still work. The brightness button in the action center cycles only through steps pf 25%, which is sometimes inconvenient. How can I fix this?

SanatMharolkar, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

Unable to change brightness via fn + brightness keys after windows 10 update

1. Unable to change brightness via fn + brightness keys after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Unable change brightness

2. Fn key to brightness not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fn key to brightness not functioning properly: Hello,Briefly: Fn key combination with the brightness adjuster keys in my case, F4 and 5 is malfunctioning. I can see the bar pop up when I use the buttons, but the slider only increases and decreases once, no matter how many times I press the buttons. The brightness remains...
  3. Fn key to brightness not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fn key to brightness not functioning properly: Hello,Briefly: Fn key combination with the brightness adjuster keys in my case, F4 and 5 is malfunctioning. I can see the bar pop up when I use the buttons, but the slider only increases and decreases once, no matter how many times I press the buttons. The brightness remains...
  4. Brightness FN keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness FN keys not working: Hello, yesterday i reinstalled windows 10 in my Acer Nitro 5 an515-54 laptop, and it was all working except the fn + rignt and left arrow keys. I checked in an "test your input" site, and appearently, it doesn't even register. I already tried fiddling with bios function key...
  5. Brightness FN keys not working

Brightness FN keys not working: Hello, yesterday i reinstalled windows 10 in my Acer Nitro 5 an515-54 laptop, and it was all working except the fn + rignt and left arrow keys. I checked in an "test your input" site, and appearently, it doesn't even register. I already tried fiddling with bios function key...
  6. Brightness FN keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. can't change brightness with fn key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't change brightness with fn key: Hi,i have an old dell latitude e6420 and i recently installed windows 10 on it and updated it, and i cannot change the brightness using fn+arrow keys, yeah i can usee the notification panel to adjust brighness its working but the fn+arrow keys is a better way for me, it works...
  8. can't change brightness with fn key

can't change brightness with fn key: Hi,i have an old dell latitude e6420 and i recently installed windows 10 on it and updated it, and i cannot change the brightness using fn+arrow keys, yeah i can usee the notification panel to adjust brighness its working but the fn+arrow keys is a better way for me, it works...
  9. fn keys for brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    fn keys for brightness: hello guys I have problem with the fn key for brightness. it work before I format my pc but now didn't work.(p.s for sound, fn keys works but for brightness did not). which can be the problem if u can help me, I will be thankful....
  10. Changing brightness with Fn key costs delay

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing brightness with Fn key costs delay: When I hold down Fn key and try to change the brightness, it changes step by step, instead of going directly to 0 or 100%. I have the issue since buying my Acer laptop. My previous laptop (Asus) doesn't have this issue. My friends who have Acer also don't have the issue. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to change screen brightness windows 10 via function keys or from settings

2. samsung control for brightness using fn fuction

3. brightness not changing via function keys