Windows 10: Unable to Change Computer Password

Discus and support Unable to Change Computer Password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a big problem here. I will explain...When I set up my new Windows 10 PC I set up the Password using an email address which has now since been... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RodBell1, Oct 2, 2021.

1. RodBell1 Win User

Unable to Change Computer Password

I have a big problem here. I will explain...When I set up my new Windows 10 PC I set up the Password using an email address which has now since been deactivated for over two years. It is no longer recoverable according to Google...!Now, when I went in to change my Password it wants to send a Verification email to that Dead email box, which I can no longer get in to. Plus, my Phone number is no longer the same either...Strike 2...! Now what do I do??When I clicked on, "Use a Method Not Listed Here" > "Show More Verification Methods" > "I Don't Have Any of These" > There is no option t

:)

RodBell1, Oct 2, 2021

2. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 2, 2021
  3. Kid locked out of Family account. Unable to change password

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to change your child’s Microsoft Account password. In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps.

1. Login to
      www.login.live.com
      using your child’s Microsoft Account.
    2. Click on forgot password.
    3. Check the radio button and enter the Email account to send the code.
    4. In case you don’t have access to that verification email account then click on
      I don’t have any of these.
    5. Now follow the onscreen steps and check if you are able to reset the password.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 2, 2021
  4. David Haz Win User

Password Change on the Computer

Hello,

You may change your local user account password by following the steps below:

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, and then click
      Change a password.
    • Type your old password followed by a new password as indicated, and then type the new password again to confirm it.
    • Press Enter.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, Oct 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Unable to Change Computer Password - Similar Threads - Unable Change Computer

2. Unable to change domain password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change domain password: Hi,I have an industrial PC that was initially setup by a coworker. Whenever we start the windows we get the following message:"Your password has expired and must be changed " And after that point no matter I try I receive the following error:"Configuration information could...
  3. Unable to change domain password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change domain password: Hi,I have an industrial PC that was initially setup by a coworker. Whenever we start the windows we get the following message:"Your password has expired and must be changed " And after that point no matter I try I receive the following error:"Configuration information could...
  4. Unable to change admin email or password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change admin email or password.: I recently had to delete two email accounts and change my phone number due to a security concern. When updating all my accounts with my new info, I forgot about my Windows 11 account. I'm currently logged in under a deleted email but need to change my admin email and password...
  5. Unable to find and change current password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to find and change current password: After switching to local account, I can't find the correct password for executing the switch to Microsoft account. I also forgot the current password.I forgot the current password of my laptop....
  6. Unable to change lockscreen password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to change lockscreen password: Hey, I'm hoping for help on how to change my lockscreen password on my pc. I can't seem to change any password other than my actual Microsoft account password which doesn't affect my lockscreen password. Any help is appreciated. submitted by /u/j0ckstancer [link]...
  7. Unable to change password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change password: I've tried going CTRL + ALT + DEL and selecting 'Change Password' but when i go to click 'change password' after typing in my old password and a new one, it comes up with the following message: Configuration information could not be read from the domain controller, either...
  8. Unable to change BitLocker password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to change BitLocker password: Hi everyone, I am using Windows 10 Pro with an admin user connected to my Office 365 I am logging in using my email, which is not Microsoft email. BitLocker is enabled by default, but I do not see the option to change the BL password, nor do I see the option to ask for...
  9. Unable to change password on the lock screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to change password on the lock screen: As you see in the title I cannot change the password on the Lock screen. I tried three times. Shut down then switched the PC on but I see the old password....
  10. unable to change win10 pro password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    unable to change win10 pro password: I set up my local user password on my new PC but tried to change it in Settings but clicked on the Change tab nothing happened just got a quick hourglass timer icon. This is so frustrating such a simple thing made difficult by MS Please advise 65196