Windows 10: UNABLE TO CHANGE DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS IN WINDOWS 10S

Discus and support UNABLE TO CHANGE DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS IN WINDOWS 10S in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can no longer adjust the display brightness on my surface Go. The device runs on windows 10s and is up to date. I have tried using the keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PMYXDRBF, Jan 22, 2019.

1. PMYXDRBF Win User

UNABLE TO CHANGE DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS IN WINDOWS 10S

I can no longer adjust the display brightness on my surface Go.

The device runs on windows 10s and is up to date.

I have tried using the keyboard shortcut, the notification tiles menu on the right hand side and by going into the display settings via the search bar, I adust the brightness but the brightness does not actually change.

I saw somewhere that downloading the intel graphics calibrator could do it but windows 10s does not let me download the calibrator as not all apps/programs are permitted on 10s.

I have found various articles online including recalibrating colour settings etc. Nothing has enabled me to change the screen brightness, which at present is extremely low and therefore I am unable to effectively work on my device.

Any thought/ideas out there very welcome.

Cheers,

Dav id

:)

PMYXDRBF, Jan 22, 2019

2. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

FrostyTigerXP, Jan 22, 2019
  3. RussL55 Win User
    Unable to change brightness on Windows 10 computer.

Old title: Display brightness control

I am unable to change display brightness since Windows 10 upgraded my computer from Windows 7.

I have tried Microsoft's solution with no results.

I have searched for the most current drivers for my AMD Radeon 6450 card, as Microsoft suggested, and have been told that I already have the most current driver.

I still have a screen that is too bright.

I am wearing sunglasses until I am able to adjust the brightness.

RussL55, Jan 22, 2019
  4. UNABLE TO CHANGE DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS IN WINDOWS 10S

How do I change my brightness on Windows 10?

Hi Tyler,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in answering the question.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons.

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    I suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Step 2: Now re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Get the best display on your monitor

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/get-best-display-monitor

You can change the brightness of the monitor by changing the Display settings
    according to your preference on Windows 10. Please refer the help article below for steps to adjust the brightness on your desktop.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-screen-brightness

Write to us with the status of the issues experienced on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

UNABLE TO CHANGE DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS IN WINDOWS 10S

1. UNABLE TO CHANGE DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS IN WINDOWS 10S - Similar Threads - UNABLE CHANGE DISPLAY

2. unable to change brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to change brightness: i dont any slider to change my brightness, i've tried doing all the driver updates and whatnot and nothing has changed, its becoming really annoying at night when my screen is bright and i have to use something like night light which ruins the colours...
  3. unable to change brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to change brightness: i dont any slider to change my brightness, i've tried doing all the driver updates and whatnot and nothing has changed, its becoming really annoying at night when my screen is bright and i have to use something like night light which ruins the colours...
  4. unable to change brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't change display brightness

Can't change display brightness: Earlier this week I tried installing f.lux and realized it didn't work, so I tried some solutions for f.lux. Then today I tried to change my brightness on my computer and realized that doesn't work either. I looked up some solutions and tried reinstalling both of my display...
  6. i am unable to change the display brightness

i am unable to change the display brightness: I am not able to adjust my screen brightness. Windows 10 on a Microsoft surface pro 3 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-change-the-display-brightness/38351509-9c43-4be3-b0f9-628eeee32fc7
  7. display brightness cannot be changed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display brightness cannot be changed: I tried reinstalling my drivers but still I cannot adjust the brightness of my lap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-brightness-cannot-be-changed/5c97f00d-7966-4c96-89be-ee037afbcd64
  8. Unable to change display brightness

Unable to change display brightness: The problem is simple to explain - display brightness can't be changed. Brightness slider isn't accessible anywhere. Not in the action center, not in the settings. I've followed every tutorial on the internet but still, I can't make the slider appear. There is a slider in...
  9. Display Brightness Automatically Changing.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Brightness Automatically Changing.: So, Posting here because I'm unsure as to whether this is Intel Software, Hardware, Mobo, Display, OS or Driver related. I've trawled Google and tried multiple fixes but I still have this strange issue. For no rhyme or reason my display has been automatically adjusting...
  10. Unable to change brightness

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to change brightness: I am unable to change my brightness through the battery icon in the taskbar. Instead I have to go into settings and adjust it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-brightness/29770dc0-bdef-4a59-aa78-5f6e01dd12b2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to change brightness on a public windows computer