Windows 10: Unable to change display brightness

Discus and support Unable to change display brightness in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The problem is simple to explain - display brightness can't be changed. Brightness slider isn't accessible anywhere. Not in the action center, not in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndrisLiepiņš, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Unable to change display brightness

The problem is simple to explain - display brightness can't be changed. Brightness slider isn't accessible anywhere. Not in the action center, not in the settings. I've followed every tutorial on the internet but still, I can't make the slider appear. There is a slider in the mobility center Right-click on the Windows logo --> Mobility center, but it does no change to brightness whatsoever. I have a thought of recovering Windows to its default settings but, before I do that, are there any more solutions?

:)

AndrisLiepiņš, Apr 11, 2020

2. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

FrostyTigerXP, Apr 11, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Change the increments by which you can adjust the display brightness.

Hi, volumouse (free) offers brightness control with the scroll wheel + 1 key. Steps are configurable:

Unable to change display brightness [​IMG]

dalchina, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Swapna S Win User

Unable to change display brightness

Changing laptop brightness.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might be related to Display adapter.

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask few questions:

1) How exactly you are trying to change the screen brightness?

2) Do you get any error message, when trying to change the brightness?

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: updating the display adapter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Expand the Display adapter.
    • Right click on the driver and select
      Update driver software
    For more information, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...d4-a109-221bd8a32fca/change-screen-brightness

Please get back to us, if you are facing issue
    in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Unable to change display brightness

1. Unable to change display brightness - Similar Threads - Unable change display

2. unable to change brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to change brightness: i dont any slider to change my brightness, i've tried doing all the driver updates and whatnot and nothing has changed, its becoming really annoying at night when my screen is bright and i have to use something like night light which ruins the colours...
  3. unable to change brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to change brightness: i dont any slider to change my brightness, i've tried doing all the driver updates and whatnot and nothing has changed, its becoming really annoying at night when my screen is bright and i have to use something like night light which ruins the colours...
  4. unable to change brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't change display brightness

Can't change display brightness: Earlier this week I tried installing f.lux and realized it didn't work, so I tried some solutions for f.lux. Then today I tried to change my brightness on my computer and realized that doesn't work either. I looked up some solutions and tried reinstalling both of my display...
  6. i am unable to change the display brightness

i am unable to change the display brightness: I am not able to adjust my screen brightness. Windows 10 on a Microsoft surface pro 3 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-change-the-display-brightness/38351509-9c43-4be3-b0f9-628eeee32fc7
  7. display brightness cannot be changed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display brightness cannot be changed: I tried reinstalling my drivers but still I cannot adjust the brightness of my lap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-brightness-cannot-be-changed/5c97f00d-7966-4c96-89be-ee037afbcd64
  8. Display Brightness Automatically Changing.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Brightness Automatically Changing.: So, Posting here because I'm unsure as to whether this is Intel Software, Hardware, Mobo, Display, OS or Driver related. I've trawled Google and tried multiple fixes but I still have this strange issue. For no rhyme or reason my display has been automatically adjusting...
  9. Unable to change brightness

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to change brightness: I am unable to change my brightness through the battery icon in the taskbar. Instead I have to go into settings and adjust it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-brightness/29770dc0-bdef-4a59-aa78-5f6e01dd12b2
  10. UNABLE TO CHANGE DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS IN WINDOWS 10S

UNABLE TO CHANGE DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS IN WINDOWS 10S: I can no longer adjust the display brightness on my surface Go. The device runs on windows 10s and is up to date. I have tried using the keyboard shortcut, the notification tiles menu on the right hand side and by going into the display settings via the search bar, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to adjust screen brightness

2. change windows 10 display brightness wont let me adjust