Windows 10: Unable to change drive where new apps will save to.

Discus and support Unable to change drive where new apps will save to. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I recently reset my windows 10 pc, forgot to delete or uninstall old apps from my hdd, now when i try to change where new apps wil save i get the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by PoloRodriguez, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Unable to change drive where new apps will save to.

I recently reset my windows 10 pc, forgot to delete or uninstall old apps from my hdd, now when i try to change where new apps wil save i get the following message "Delete other apps?: This drive has apps from another device. To use this drive, the other apps must first be deletted. Do you want to continue?" After select yes i get the error message: We couldn't save your default save location: The operation did not complete succesfully. Try again in a bit. The error code is 0x8007003". I can't delete the folder by myself. Any idea how could i fix this.

Thanks in advance.

:)

PoloRodriguez, Aug 25, 2019

2. Windows 10 app saving to drives

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Since move option is greyed out, I would suggest you to un-install and reinstall the game and check. Follow the below steps.

• Go to Settings and select System.

• Click on App & Features, click on game and uninstall the game.

• Now click on Storage and select a drive on
      New apps will save to.

• Try re-installing the game again and check.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    how to save new apps by changing default location?

Hello,

In Windows 10, applications that are downloaded from Windows Store are automatically installed in the Windows Apps Folder. However, if you want your apps to be installed on another drive you can follow the steps bellow:

• Click on Start > Settings > System >
      Storage.
    • Go to the Save Locations section,
    • Click on the drop down menu below New apps will save to and then select the desired partition or drive.

Windows 10 will automatically install apps downloaded from the Windows Store in the new installation folder. For the ones that were already installed in your system, you can move them manually to the new location by:

• Go to Start > Settings > System >
      App & features.
    • Launch a search by typing the name of the desired app into the Type an app name field. Once found, select the app from the list and click on the
      Move button.
    • Select the destination drive and click Move.

Should you have further questions please let us know.

Jelo Sen, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Darshan J Win User

Unable to change drive where new apps will save to.

Unable to Save Favorites in Maps app

Hi Ali,

To assist you better help us with the information below.

Computer

• What is the make and model of your Computer?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates on your computer?
    • Which Windows 10 build is installed on the computer?
    • What happens when you try to save the favorites?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

At first you have to sign in using a Microsoft account, if you have not logged the saved favorite’s will be not be visible next time when you open Map app.Also make sure Date, Time and Region are
    set correctly.

Suggest you to follow below steps to save your favorite location on you Maps app on your computer.

• Open Map App, Search for the location.
    • On the left pane Click on the Star Icon to save your favorite place.

If you are still unable to save favorites on your computer follow the below methods.

Method 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter from the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issues still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: Update Windows Store Apps and games.

Checking for updates for apps and games from the Windows Store

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/...updates-for-apps-and-games-from-windows-store

Mobile

Provide the information below to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your mobile?
    • What happens when you try to save the favorites?
    • Do you get any error message or code?
    • Make sure Date, Time and Region are set correctly, try to restart your phone and check if will be able to Save the Favorite location.
    • Also check if there are any update available for this from Store>Menu>Downloads and updates>Check for updates.
    Suggest you to follow below steps to save your favorite location on you Maps app on your computer.

• Open Map App, Search for the location.
    • On the left pane Click on the Star Icon to save your favorite place.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Darshan J, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

Unable to change drive where new apps will save to.

1. Unable to change drive where new apps will save to. - Similar Threads - Unable change drive

2. Changing where new apps are saved to NOT WORKING

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Changing where new apps are saved to NOT WORKING: Hello, so i want to install Forza Horizon 5 from the microsoft store onto my computer and since the windows default drive is a small SSD for the use of windows and windows only i need all games to be installed onto my other HDD drive, this is not a problem with steam etc....
  3. Changing where new apps are saved to NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing where new apps are saved to NOT WORKING: Hello, so i want to install Forza Horizon 5 from the microsoft store onto my computer and since the windows default drive is a small SSD for the use of windows and windows only i need all games to be installed onto my other HDD drive, this is not a problem with steam etc....
  4. Unable to change drive where new apps will save to 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change drive where new apps will save to 0x80070005: Hello, I recently reset my C drive and reinstalled windows Got a new drive. I would like to uninstall my old GamePass games and switch to that hard drive as the default install for new games. Changing the settings in Windows presents me with this error: [ATTACH] When I...
  5. Unable to switch where new apps will save to

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to switch where new apps will save to: Hello, I am trying to download a game that is larger than the available space in my Windows C: storage. In settings, I try to switch 'New apps will save to:' from Windows C: to Storage D:, but after clicking on apply, I get a popup window asking if I want to Delete other...
  6. Can't change where new apps are saved

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change where new apps are saved: [ATTACH] The title says it all. Please microsoft do something about it? Bassicly says here that this disk has other apps from another device. To use this disk the other apps need to be deleted first. Continue? If i hit yes this other error pops up. It says that it cant...
  7. Change where new apps will save to

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change where new apps will save to: I got xbox game pass and when trying to install it says I have to set up a new install location. When I try to do this it doesn't coming up with an error code which I have yet to find a solution to...
  8. Can't change where new apps are saved

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change where new apps are saved: Brief backstory (just in case it's relevant). I recently got a new PC, with an SSD for OS and boot programs. I then took my old hard drive, and popped it into the new tower. Steam picked up the games no problem, and other games I downloaded to the D drive worked just fine....
  9. Unable to change the location where new apps will be saved. Xbox (Beta) App.

Unable to change the location where new apps will be saved. Xbox (Beta) App.: Hi, I'm trying to change the location where the games are being installed on the Xbox (Beta) App. The app will take me to the settings screen and when I attempt to change it to my D: drive I receive the following error message. [ATTACH] I can't seem to find a way to fix...
  10. Unable to change where new content is saved.

Unable to change where new content is saved.: Just did a clean install of Windows 10 and now In Setting when I try to change where new content is saved I get the following error: "We couldn't set your default save location" "The operation did not complete successfully. Try again later". Error code 0x80070005. Any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new apps will save to is greyed out

2. this drive has apps from another device. to use this drive the other apps must first be deleted

3. cant change where new apps are saved

4. Unable to change drive where new apps will save to. - Microsoft Community,
  5. windows store wont install. files from another device ?,
  6. this drive has apps from another device,
  7. unable to change where new apps are saved in windows settings ,
  8. unable to save new apps to a different drive