Windows 10: unable to change folder to save extracted zip files to

Discus and support unable to change folder to save extracted zip files to in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had a folder in dropbox which i recently removed and placed on my laptop hard drive. For some reason in the process it became a zip file. As i try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jkhcast, Jun 25, 2022.

1. jkhcast Win User

unable to change folder to save extracted zip files to

I had a folder in dropbox which i recently removed and placed on my laptop hard drive. For some reason in the process it became a zip file. As i try to unzip the included files, i am asked what folder i want to save these files to. It defaults to a random file where it was never located within dropbox. When i access the 'browse' button and choose my documents folder on my hard drive, the folder will NOT change for the extraction. I have tried several different folders on my hard drive and it will not change. I have tried manually changing the folder destination by typing in the folder i wan

:)

jkhcast, Jun 25, 2022
  2. GSquadron Win User

Folders with zip files

I have like 30 or more folders and everyone of them has only one single zip file.
    How can I extract all zip files inside of all folders?

GSquadron, Jun 25, 2022
  3. pyramid10 Win User
    Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Jun 25, 2022
  4. digibucc Win User

Folders with zip files

just go to the root folder and do a search for all zip files, then select all and extract where you want.

digibucc, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

1. unable to change folder to save extracted zip files to - Similar Threads - unable change folder

2. unable to change folder to save extracted zip files to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to change folder to save extracted zip files to: I had a folder in dropbox which i recently removed and placed on my laptop hard drive. For some reason in the process it became a zip file. As i try to unzip the included files, i am asked what folder i want to save these files to. It defaults to a random file where it was...
  3. unable to change folder to save extracted zip files to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to change folder to save extracted zip files to: I had a folder in dropbox which i recently removed and placed on my laptop hard drive. For some reason in the process it became a zip file. As i try to unzip the included files, i am asked what folder i want to save these files to. It defaults to a random file where it was...
  4. 7-zip will not extract a zipped file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    7-zip will not extract a zipped file: Why wont 7-zip extract a zipped file I downloaded ? I am running Windows 10 version 20H2 on a new Dell laptop (XPS 15 7590) 176156
  5. Unable to extract zip files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to extract zip files in Windows 10: I have three PC's running Windows 10 Version 20H2 Build 19042-685. None of these PC's will extract a downloaded zip file. I get the error message "Windows cannot open the folder. The compressed folder is invalid" I can extract this file with no problem using my Windows 7...
  6. Extracting a zipped file

Extracting a zipped file: I have a zipped file and I'm trying to unzip it, but if I try to extract it, it says I need to copy a file to it. What shall I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extracting-a-zipped-file/b0ff20c4-c44b-48f5-a303-1e8a054275eb
  7. Extracting a zipped file

Extracting a zipped file: I have downloaded a shared file a video from my Google Drive but when I try to extract it into my downloads folder, I get the message 'The compressed zipped file C:\users etcetc is invalid'...
  8. Extracting ZIP files

Extracting ZIP files: I bought my Surface in the US, but I live in China. I try to download content for my Adobe products, but Windows cannot recognize the file type ZIP. The downloads are given a file type in Chinese. I suspect this is the reason. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Zipped file folder downloaded extracted tax online unable to open

Zipped file folder downloaded extracted tax online unable to open: Hello, Message I got: unable to open unzipped document missing permission from administrator should be me I'm the only one using this pc It's the second year of tax year I'm unable to open on Windows 10 on this pc with windows Edge. I don't want to open this file with...
  10. Extracting Zip Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Extracting Zip Files: Hi People, Newbie here. As the title suggests I am having a problem unzipping downloaded files on my HP Envy laptop. which has windows 10 version 1511 (build 10586.36) it appears to start the process but just hangs at 99% and will remain there for the rest of the day....