Windows 10: Unable to change from Intel RST (fakeraid) to AHCI

Discus and support Unable to change from Intel RST (fakeraid) to AHCI in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For various reasons, I am attempting to change my system from Intel RST to AHCI. I followed the various guides I have found on the internet to go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LonelyKirbyMain, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Unable to change from Intel RST (fakeraid) to AHCI

For various reasons, I am attempting to change my system from Intel RST to AHCI.

I followed the various guides I have found on the internet to go about this.

Here was my process:

1. cmd: bcdedit /set {current} safeboot minimal

2. regedit: changed Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\storahci\StartOverride "0" Dword value from 3 to 0

3. restart computer into UEFI firmware settings

4. change from Intel RST to AHCI.

After following these steps, I get a message about starting up automatic system repair. I then get a classic blue screen. Starting up cmd from there puts me on X:\, not C:\. attempting to cd C:\ gives me an error that it is inaccessible.

I then opened regedit from cmd, and checked the Dword value that I changed earlier. Despite my original changes, this value was still set to three.

I am running a Lenovo Legion Y530 with a 2TB HDD and 16GB Optane.

Thanks!

***Moved from Windows 10/Files, folders, & storage***

:)

LonelyKirbyMain, Oct 18, 2018
  2. Aquinus Win User

Intel RST AHCI driver for ICH10R?

They hide stuff from you, probably to try and get you to upgrade. Intel's site says nothing about RSTe 4.2 or 4.3 drivers being supporting on anything other than C200 and C600 chipsets however, they work incredibly well on X79. On the same token, the latest RST drivers (for RAID,) also seems to work on my X79 in RSTe mode.

Needless to say, I think Intel needs to consolidate RAID drivers into a single package and AHCI drivers into a single package as opposed to trying to support several different versions for several revisions of the same damn thing running probably the same damn software.

I'm glad you got it to work but, I would have attempting forcing the installation of the newer AHCI driver. The first time I used the C200/C600 chipset RAID drivers on my X79 board, it didn't simply "accept" it and I had to force it to install. Ran great but, it wouldn't just take it.
    So does Intel: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22194/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-RAID-Driver

All prior releases of RST should be in this list: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/55005/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-

Aquinus, Oct 18, 2018
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    Intel RST AHCI driver for ICH10R?

Yep, something I have found is Intel RAID drivers as they are called are also their AHCI SATA drivers, so they are perfectly safe to install even in non-RAID systems.

rtwjunkie, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Anolin Win User

Unable to change from Intel RST (fakeraid) to AHCI

Intel RST Driver

Okay, and it says that the best driver for MY chipset is 15.5.0.1051 which is listed on that site... and besides, I only use the driver itself, not the full RST software.

Anolin, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Unable to change from Intel RST (fakeraid) to AHCI

1. Unable to change from Intel RST (fakeraid) to AHCI - Similar Threads - Unable change Intel

2. Intel RST will not setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel RST will not setup: I attempted to install Intel RTS on my desktop. After the setup window walks me through the basic first few steps the program said that it is going to reboot the PC into safe mode to complete the installation. My PC turned off and it started boot looping. Now I don't see...
  3. Changing Intel RST to AHCI in BIOS menu causes Windows to fail to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Changing Intel RST to AHCI in BIOS menu causes Windows to fail to boot: I'm trying to boot Ubuntu 20.04.1 from a flash drive to my Windows 10 PC. When I enter the boot menu I can select the drive and I get as far as "Install Ubuntu" before it tells me I have to disable Intel RST in the BIOS menu before Ubuntu can install. The only other option in...
  4. Intel RST vs Windows AHCI drivers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel RST vs Windows AHCI drivers.: Does anybody know whether the Intel RST drivers (in AHCI mode) perform better than the Windows installed SATA drivers? Has anyone uninstalled RST drivers? I get a warning that I will not be able to uninstall them. [img] 168770
  5. Changing from the RST Optane driver to AHCI in an existing Windows 10

Changing from the RST Optane driver to AHCI in an existing Windows 10: First of all, the system won't need a driver change to run Windows 10. Both AHCI and the PCIe drives are included in the RST Optane driver. It does both. So upgrading to my NVMe SSD would merely mean disabling the RST Optane software and exchanging the NVMe Optane M.2 card...
  6. Unable to change SATA mode from IDE TO AHCI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change SATA mode from IDE TO AHCI: Sorry to bother you all. I am currently trying to change my SATA mode from IDE to AHCI but in my BIOS the option to change it is grayed out. Is there anything I can do to fix this? My Specs are: Packard Bell imedia S1800 PC Ram: 2.0 GB DDR3 SSD: Crucial BX200 Media...
  7. AHCI to RST

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AHCI to RST: Hello, I've been messing around a little bit with Linux dual boot so i had to switch from RST to AHCI and change some stuff in the registry. Now I want to switch back from AHCI to RST without causing any damage, I don't mind to format my Windows 10 if necessary (need to...
  8. Intel RST Driver

Intel RST Driver: I usually browse this forum to keep up with new driver updates and whatnot (especially all those freaking Realtek driver updates!), but I haven't seen a post about Intel RST drivers, so I'd like to let people know that Intel release a new version a little while ago:...
  9. intel rst will not install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    intel rst will not install: With the newest build of win10 I cannot install intel rst. Says I need dot net installed. When I goto install dot net it says I have the newest on installed. Asus z97a mobo Intel i7 4790k 16Gb gskill ram Gtx 970 Samsung 850 pro ssd 5327
  10. Intel RST and Z77

Intel RST and Z77: Hey all, I have Z77 chipset, Ivy Bridge, Intel SSD etc. Intel haven't updated it's RST for Z77 in a long time, the latest working version is 13.1.0.1058 - although release notes of few later drivers say those are also for Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change intel rst to ahci

2. switch from intel rst to windows drivers

3. windows 10 log boot time rst

4. windows 10 rst with optane ahci,
  5. uefi change from rst to ahci,
  6. windows 10 RST to ACHI,
  7. convert windows from rst to achi,
  8. CHANGES TO INTEL rst bios or windows,
  9. switch from rst to ahci,
  10. rste not starting on ahci,
  11. can intel rapid storage driver change from RAID to AHCI,