Windows 10: Unable to change headphone vo,ume level.

Discus and support Unable to change headphone vo,ume level. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am unable to change the headphone volume level, it is by default running at maximum speed. I am unable to change the volume .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by YashShukla1, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Unable to change headphone vo,ume level.

I am unable to change the headphone volume level, it is by default running at maximum speed. I am unable to change the volume .

:)

YashShukla1, Apr 9, 2021

2. Viewing battery level for Bluetooth Headphones

Hello Jerry my name is Bradford and I'm an Independent Advisor for the Microsoft Community and I'll try to help you find the battery level information for your Bluetooth Headphones. I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Open the "Settings app".

2. Open the page "Devices", then go to "Bluetooth & other devices".

3. On the right, find your device in the list under "Mouse, keyboard, & pen".

Please note that you might have to scroll further down if there is a section labeled "Audio" since Bluetooth Headphones are an Audio device.

4. You will see the battery level indicator next to the device name.

If this doesn't help you find the information you need please let me know so that I can provide other options!

Omoikane1122, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    My left headphone randomly lowers it's volume.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• What is the make and model of the headphone?

This could be due to the change in Balance levels of the playback device. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Right click the sound icon on the taskbar and choose
      Sounds
    • Select your headphone, and click on Properties.
    • Click on Balance under Levels
      tab, adjust Left and Right to the same levels.
    • Save the changes and check if the issue persists.

For more troubleshooting tips on audio issues, refer Fix sound problems in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Mala_S Win User

Unable to change headphone vo,ume level.

Move audio to one side for speakers but not headphones

Hello J1mmyth3F1sh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is your headphones getting detected in the Playback settings?
    • Are you trying to play the audio on both Speakers and Headphones at the same time?

Ideally, if you have configured Sound settings to play on your left speakers, the same goes with the headphones. The sound starts playing only on the left side of your headphones according to the settings changed.

Meanwhile, we can try configuring the headphones and change the balance level in the sound settings and see if it works. Kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it helps.

Method : Run audio test for your headphones.

• Open Control Panel from the Start menu and click on
      Sound.
    • In the Sound window, click on your
      Headphones and select Configure option at the bottom left.
    • By running the test, check if both sides of your headphones are working fine.

If that doesn’t help, I would suggest you to check with the audio balance by following the steps listed below:

• Open Sound settings from
      Control Panel,
      and right click on the Headphones to open its
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and select
      Balance
      button. In the Balance window, you can use the slider to balance both left and right headphones equally.

However, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I suggest you to leave a
    Feedback for this product so
    that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Unable to change headphone vo,ume level.

1. Unable to change headphone vo,ume level. - Similar Threads - Unable change headphone

2. headphone levels stuck at 0db

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    headphone levels stuck at 0db: Sounds - headphones - properties- levels. Stuck at 0db, slider is blue, so seemingly able to adjust but it doesn't move https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-levels-stuck-at-0db/8ac75978-8ba5-4905-9e39-19ed42cc78c6
  3. headphone levels stuck at 0db

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphone levels stuck at 0db: Sounds - headphones - properties- levels. Stuck at 0db, slider is blue, so seemingly able to adjust but it doesn't move https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-levels-stuck-at-0db/8ac75978-8ba5-4905-9e39-19ed42cc78c6
  4. headphone levels stuck at 0db

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Crackling Headphone Audio at Low Levels

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crackling Headphone Audio at Low Levels: Hi there, I'm not quite sure if this is an issue with my device or with Windows 11, so if this should be on the HP forum then I apologize. I am also slightly unsure what topic this fits into, so I've just put it into devices and drivers.Recently I got a new laptop, an HP Omen...
  6. Crackling Headphone Audio at Low Levels

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crackling Headphone Audio at Low Levels: Hi there, I'm not quite sure if this is an issue with my device or with Windows 11, so if this should be on the HP forum then I apologize. I am also slightly unsure what topic this fits into, so I've just put it into devices and drivers.Recently I got a new laptop, an HP Omen...
  7. Changing account level

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing account level: Hi Folks For some reason my PC on windows 10 has suddenly decided to start up on an account that is not an administrator and so I am locked out of items that will allow me to cure this. I get asked for a PIN and when I enter the pin I used for the account it tells me the...
  8. changing difficulty level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing difficulty level: My pc always had the option to change the difficulty level in the solitare collection.Now I can't change them. what is wrong. I want that option back please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-difficulty-level/937ab221-fffa-4d02-9212-5817ec7d82af
  9. change permission levels

in Windows 10 Customization
    change permission levels: I need to change my permission levels. I also want to delete sign in every time I am on my computer. This is my private computer and I am the admin. Please advise...
  10. Viewing battery level for Bluetooth Headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Viewing battery level for Bluetooth Headphones: Hi, does anyone know how I can find the battery percentage for Bluetooth headphones? I googled it and it only had stuff for mouse, keyboard, pen, etc BUT NONE FOR HEADPHONES!!! I need my headphones to work and it is important for me to know when I need to charge it so it...