Windows 10: Unable to change hyper-v feature

Discus and support Unable to change hyper-v feature in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A few months ago, I wanted to run a windows machine, and I needed to enable hyper-v. It worked, and then I decided to turn hyper-v off, after a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mskafo, Mar 19, 2020.

1. mskafo Win User

Unable to change hyper-v feature

A few months ago, I wanted to run a windows machine, and I needed to enable hyper-v. It worked, and then I decided to turn hyper-v off, after a few weeks. Now when I try to enable hyper-v, it gives me an error, and I see that there are also two same hyper-v folders in the windows features panel. I've also noticed that there are other folders with the same name and when I try to enable or disable one of them, it gives me the same error. I have SVM on and the system requirements, but I can't enable hyper-v and I also tried the PowerShell command but it says that the feature hyper-v is not found.

:)

mskafo, Mar 19, 2020
  2. BC_89 Win User

Hyper-V, unable to enable in Windows Features

Hey everyone,

When I try to enable Hyper-V in Features and restart my laptop, I get a message before logon that says "Unable to complete changes. Undoing".

When I open Features again after the restart, Hyper-V is not ticked, and I don't have the role installed.

I have the following in System Information:

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions - Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions - Yes

Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware - Yes

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection - Yes

I have no virtual network adapters installed, and all required options enabled in BIOS.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro with all the latest updates and drivers installed.

BC_89, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Hyper-V

That's the problem that I cannot find Hyper-V in Windows Features list, hence I am not able to turn it on or off.

NarekGrigoryan, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Unable to change hyper-v feature

Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Unable to change hyper-v feature

1. Unable to change hyper-v feature - Similar Threads - Unable change hyper

2. Hyper-V not showing in windows features.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V not showing in windows features.: hello I have a problem with Hyper-V not showing up in the features.I have virtualization enabled on the bios.I tried even on the powershellas administrator with the command Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V -AllBut got this...
  3. Unable to uninstall hyper v

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to uninstall hyper v: Hello I'm unable to install hyper v I tried windows features on or off and it doesn't appear there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-uninstall-hyper-v/c7895bb7-8f0e-4719-b2a9-e49116b21b99
  4. Hyper-v feature

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hyper-v feature: Hello, I am using Hyper-v to create virtual machines windows/linux for testing I did enroled to a class and we have to use virtualBox to import ready machines *.ovf files for our training and labs. I did disable Hyper-v feature in my windows but all Hyper-v network...
  5. Unable to remove hyper-v

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Unable to remove hyper-v: I am on Win10 pro x64 build 1909 and am trying to remove they hyper-v component. Everytime i do the PC reboots, I see it say 15% then "can't complete the feature, undoing changes" and it reboots again with hyperv installed. i did some searching and saw some DISM and sfc...
  6. Unable to disable Hyper-V

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to disable Hyper-V: Hey I hope you all are fine. I am trying to run BLUE STACKS which is an android app emulator on PC Everyone knows it is necessary that Hyper-V and any other virtual feature should be disabled. It was running smoothly even after updating to 1903[just for reference I made a...
  7. Unable to disable Hyper-V

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to disable Hyper-V: Hey I hope you all are fine. I am trying to run BLUE STACKS which is an android app emulator on PC Everyone knows it is necessary that Hyper-V and any other virtual feature should be disabled. It was running smoothly even after updating to 1903[just for reference I made a...
  8. Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature

Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature: I am using Windows 10 Insider Preview 11082 (upgraded from Windows 1151 fully updated. I had installed the Hyper-V feature in the latest Windows 1151 but had not used it before I received and installer the Insider Preview edition. The Hyper-V Manager was configured OK...
  9. Unable to Install Hyper-V Platform Role

Unable to Install Hyper-V Platform Role: Hi, I am trying to install the Hyper-V role through the Control Panel - Programs and Features - Turn a Windows Feature On or Off. When I check the box for Hyper-V, it searches for the files, acquires them, and applies the changes. It then says "Windows completed...
  10. Unable to disable Hyper-V (Windows 10)

Unable to disable Hyper-V (Windows 10): Hyper-V was enabled while installing the Visual Studio Android emulator, which I no longer need. As it turns out, Hyper-V doesn't work well with Virtualbox (see #15268 (Virtualbox causes SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION on Win10) – Oracle VM VirtualBox) and must be removed....