Windows 10: Unable to change icons in Program Files folder, Program Files (x86) folder or folders inside

Discus and support Unable to change icons in Program Files folder, Program Files (x86) folder or folders inside in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! I'm Unable to change icons in Program Files folder, Program Files (x86) folder or folders inside these. I am able to change the icons in other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ap973, Apr 11, 2019.

1. ap973 Win User

Unable to change icons in Program Files folder, Program Files (x86) folder or folders inside

Hi!

I'm Unable to change icons in Program Files folder, Program Files (x86) folder or folders inside these. I am able to change the icons in other folders. I just installed Windows 10 and made all the updates. I have only one account which is a Local Administrator Acct .

I tried looking at this as a solution :

Folder you want to change the icon > Properties > Security > Edit > Click on "Users {pcname\users}", under "Group or Users Names" > Tick the Box to Allow "Full Access" > Apply > Ok > Change the Icon.

However under "Users {pcname\users}" everything is grayed-out and therefore I canot change privileges. Full Control and Modify are not selected (empty boxes), but since when I try to edit everything is grayed-out I don't have the ability to get privileges.

Under Administrators (MyPC\AdministratorsI everything is grayed-out also and the only box selected is Special Permissions. i don't know if this is normal.

How can I edit permissions or privileges when everything is grayed-out? Would this be the reason I cannot change the icons?

I already did a scan using sfc/ scannow and the other scan using DISM command which found nothing wrong. Again this is a fresh install of Windows 10 less than a day with no new programs installed. I never had this problem in Windows 10 before on another PC.

Windows 10 Home 64bit

version 10.0.17763 Build 17763

Thank you,

AP

:)

ap973, Apr 11, 2019
  2. WojtasRed Win User

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Apr 11, 2019
  3. YIN
    Yin Win User
    Looking for a program which grabs folders\files and converts it into text

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a program which lets you pick a folder and grabs all the files\folders names and puts it in a text file.

I'm not sure if that makes sense, sorry if it doesn't.

4. GSquadron Win User

Unable to change icons in Program Files folder, Program Files (x86) folder or folders inside

Folders with zip files

I have like 30 or more folders and everyone of them has only one single zip file.
    How can I extract all zip files inside of all folders?

GSquadron, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to change icons in Program Files folder, Program Files (x86) folder or folders inside - Similar Threads - Unable change icons

2. Files not seen in Program Files x86 folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files not seen in Program Files x86 folder: I have a problem similar to a one already described here in a previous question link. I have installed a software called RothC downloadable from this link on Windows 11 Pro version 22H2. The program is installed in a directory under Program Files x86 folder, and it saves its...
  3. Files not seen in Program Files x86 folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files not seen in Program Files x86 folder: I have installed an application in Windows 10, used for translations. I am able to create txt files in that and those get saved in Program Files x86 folder of that application. But when I go to that folder in Windows Explorer, I am not seeing anything there and hence I am not...
  4. Files not seen in Program Files x86 folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files not seen in Program Files x86 folder: I have installed an application in Windows 10, used for translations. I am able to create txt files in that and those get saved in Program Files x86 folder of that application. But when I go to that folder in Windows Explorer, I am not seeing anything there and hence I am not...
  5. Files not seen in Program Files x86 folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Where "Program Files x86" Folder

Where "Program Files x86" Folder: I am using Win 10 home 64 bit version. I installed chess-7 program at http://www.styleseven.com/php/get_product.php?product=Chess-7 This program is 32 bit. The program has been installed in the folder c: \ Program files 86x \ chess-7. The * .png files that I run the program...
  7. Unprotected \program files x86 folder?

Unprotected \program files x86 folder?: I recall back with an earlier version of Windows, and I can't recall if it was XP, Vista, or 7, that I could not make it so that a folder for a game in \program files if it was XP or \program files x86 was unprotected from standard/limited users saving files in it for saved...
  8. “ENE” File folder in Program Files and Programs Files x86

“ENE” File folder in Program Files and Programs Files x86: This is this weird file which i dont know what it does. For Program Files x86, there is this application that doesnt even do. What does this file do?...
  9. Unable to delete Program Files (X86) folder and files

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to delete Program Files (X86) folder and files: My Win10 Home is regularly updated by MS. After a recent update I find I am no longer able to update or completely remove applications. An example: Firstly, I am logged in as an administrator. I recently ran a program that informed me that an update was available. I opted...
  10. Are the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders important?

in Windows 10 Support
    Are the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders important?: Hi, I was wondering how important the two mentioned folders are when installing a software. I know most programs suggest being installed to one of them, but it is really necessary? What happens if I choose another folder? I use the game client Steam for example. It...