Windows 10: Unable to change install location for new apps on windows 10 error 0x80070002

Discus and support Unable to change install location for new apps on windows 10 error 0x80070002 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; as the title states I am unable to change the install location for windows apps and games. this problem started when I was trying to install a game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by thehsvude2, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Unable to change install location for new apps on windows 10 error 0x80070002

as the title states I am unable to change the install location for windows apps and games. this problem started when I was trying to install a game after I just purchased an Xbox Game Pass subscription and wanted to install some games on my second hard drive because my C: drive only has around 70 GB of storage, only to be met with the fact that I didn't even have the option to choose where these games where installed and the only option was my C: drive. So I did what anyone would do and I searched up online my problem to find that you can change it in the windows settings my changing the drive

:)

thehsvude2, Jun 25, 2022
  2. bahreex Win User

Error: 0x80070002 - Unable to Install/Update Windows Store Apps

Unable to suddenly update or install any apps anymore in Windows Store. Am on Win 10 1903 (Build 18362).

Getting Error Code: 0x80070002

Have tried all online options like running Store/Update troubleshooters and deleting the SoftwareDistribution folder, and checking date/time, etc.

Please help

bahreex, Jun 25, 2022
  3. The error code is 0x80070002 (windows 10 app store, new app installation issue "try again later")

Hello,

As you are unable to install the apps and updates from Windows Store, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if the issue persists with Windows Updates as well?

The error: 0x80070002 occurs when some files in the Windows Update are missing, even though the update is downloaded and extracted successfully. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Update troubleshooter.

Windows Update troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all
      in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update
    • Click on Advanced, check mark
      Apply repairs automatically, and then click on Run as Administrator.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 25, 2022
  4. blzmn Win User

Unable to change install location for new apps on windows 10 error 0x80070002

2004 update windows 10 error 0x80070002

Hello everyone,

thanks to some of the suggestions here and to some from other sources I have managed to fix the 0x80070002 error breaking up my feature update to 2004.

For completeness' sake and since it may help others, the following steps worked for me.

1. Download Media Creation Tool from Microsoft's official website
    2. Create a bootable USB drive with the MCT
    3. Boot up from this USB Drive
    4. Choose install settings, click 'Next', but on the next screen select "Repair your computer" instead of "Install"
    5. Choose "Troubleshoot" -> "Startup Repair" and let it finish
    6. Restart into Windows and attempt the usual Windows update
    It looks like the BCD on my computer had been damaged by the boot loader (Windows 10 + Recovery partition) and running the "Startup Repair" from the installation USB Drive corrected the errors.

blzmn, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

Unable to change install location for new apps on windows 10 error 0x80070002

1. Unable to change install location for new apps on windows 10 error 0x80070002 - Similar Threads - Unable change install

2. Unable to change install location for new apps on windows 10 error 0x80070002

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change install location for new apps on windows 10 error 0x80070002: as the title states I am unable to change the install location for windows apps and games. this problem started when I was trying to install a game after I just purchased an Xbox Game Pass subscription and wanted to install some games on my second hard drive because my C:...
  3. Unable to change install location for new apps on windows 10 error 0x80070002

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to change install location for new apps on windows 10 error 0x80070002: as the title states I am unable to change the install location for windows apps and games. this problem started when I was trying to install a game after I just purchased an Xbox Game Pass subscription and wanted to install some games on my second hard drive because my C:...
  4. Unable to install and change default app save location.

Unable to install and change default app save location.: Hi, I have an issue where I am unable to install games from the microsoft store on my D: drive. When I got to the store and install try to install a game I will select my D: drive and press install but nothing will happen.I then tried to change deafult install location of...
  5. 0x80070002 error code when changing default application location

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    0x80070002 error code when changing default application location: [ATTACH] Hello, I recently got a Samsung T7 Touch to act as an additional Hard Drive on my Laptop as I only had 500gbs on my laptop. Safe to assume that I am going to use this SSD as an additional application and file storing drive. As I was going to change my default...
  6. Unable to change app location

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to change app location: [ATTACH] Hi guys, I have 3 drives in my PC, C: D: and F:. C is for Windows and Ubuntu, D: is for photos, videos, TV etc, and F: is for games. I recently had to do a clean install of Windows and as such, my files on C: are "new" and F: are "old". Because of that, I'm...
  7. About changing the install location for new windows apps.

About changing the install location for new windows apps.: There was a post I found and I linked to it in a microsoft support ticket, the post is now gone but I saved a cached version: " How to change install directory for xbox (beta) app gamepass on pc If you are like myself and use a modist sized drive for windows and use a larger...
  8. Error: 0x80070002 - Unable to Install/Update Windows Store Apps on Win 10 - 1909

Error: 0x80070002 - Unable to Install/Update Windows Store Apps on Win 10 - 1909: Hi there, I'm trying to find a solution to Error: 0x80070002, which appears while trying to download any new app OR, update any existing app in windows store. The error pops up as soon as the store shows "Downloading". I'm currently using Windows 10 Version 1909. I've tried...
  9. Error: 0x80070002 - Unable to Install/Update Windows Store Apps on Win 10 - 1903

Error: 0x80070002 - Unable to Install/Update Windows Store Apps on Win 10 - 1903: Unable to suddenly update or install any apps anymore in Windows Store. Am on Win 10 1903 (Build 18362). Getting Error Code: 0x80070002 Have tried all online options like running Store/Update troubleshooters and deleting the SoftwareDistribution folder, and checking...
  10. Error: 0x80070002 - Unable to Install/Update Windows Store Apps

Error: 0x80070002 - Unable to Install/Update Windows Store Apps: Unable to suddenly update or install any apps anymore in Windows Store. Am on Win 10 1903 (Build 18362). Getting Error Code: 0x80070002 Have tried all online options like running Store/Update troubleshooters and deleting the SoftwareDistribution folder, and checking...