Windows 10: Unable to change line in settings to a headset

Discus and support Unable to change line in settings to a headset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; At somepoint I accidentally set my line in settings to remember that I'm using earbuds, now I've got a headset with a microphone and I cannot change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlternateCheese, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Unable to change line in settings to a headset

At somepoint I accidentally set my line in settings to remember that I'm using earbuds, now I've got a headset with a microphone and I cannot change these preferences anywhere. I've tried looking all over the places I know of and after a number of google searches, I still haven't found anything that would work. Would anyone know how to fix this?

Windows 10
    Version 1903

:)

AlternateCheese, Mar 27, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Unable to change line in settings to a headset :p

cadaveca, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I appreciate it I was more looking to see if anyone knows something that can fit my bill in that budget. Trust me I know all about the $300 range and even considered audio technica m50x with a condenser mic *Stick Out Tongue Unable to change line in settings to a headset :p

Solaris17, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Unable to change line in settings to a headset

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Unable to change line in settings to a headset

1. Unable to change line in settings to a headset - Similar Threads - Unable change line

2. headset settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset settings: what setting do i change to get my headset to work with a laptop video. in devices? it works otherwise coming ffomr the laptop i have to chagne something. where?this is urgent please...
  3. headset settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headset settings: what setting do i change to get my headset to work with a laptop video. in devices? it works otherwise coming ffomr the laptop i have to chagne something. where?this is urgent please...
  4. headset settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Headset in the microphone line.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset in the microphone line.: Hello, My Headset line the green one broke, so I had to download Realtek audio driver but I don't know how to use it. Hope you understand. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-in-the-microphone-line/c3a71548-96c0-44c8-bb7b-ebcbc688d25d
  6. Headset in the microphone line.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset in the microphone line.: Hello, My Headset line the green one broke, so I had to download Realtek audio driver but I don't know how to use it. Hope you understand. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-in-the-microphone-line/c3a71548-96c0-44c8-bb7b-ebcbc688d25d
  7. Unable to set or change PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to set or change PIN: I'm trying to help someone with a Surface Pro running v1909. It's joined to a local AD domain at his office. He's logging in with a domain user account but he would like to also setup a PIN. There are no group policies setup to have anything to do with PINs and I'm not even...
  8. Privacy settings - Unable to change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Privacy settings - Unable to change: I have windows10 home edition. I cannot change privacy settings of general, microphone, location, camera and diagnostics feedback. It says it is managed by your organisation. It is my personal honme PC, laptops . All have the same issue. I have Avira antivirus. Can that be...
  9. Unable to change settings on settings > personalisation > start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change settings on settings > personalisation > start: I am unable to change some settings on settings > personalisation > start such as : - Show more tiles on start - Show app list in start menu - Show the recently added apps - Show the most used apps - Use start full screen Every times I try to change the settings, they...
  10. Unable to change Admin Settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to change Admin Settings: I am having issues writing to C or modifying files on the C Drive. I read that I should explicitly add myself (named) as a user in the security settings, which I have done. When I try to apply the settings, I get the following message for most of the folders in C...