Windows 10: Unable to change lock screen background mode.

Discus and support Unable to change lock screen background mode. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am pretty good with computer but I have ran in to a problem I just can't fix. The operating system will not let me change the lock screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CreeperSeth, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Unable to change lock screen background mode.

Hello, I am pretty good with computer but I have ran in to a problem I just can't fix. The operating system will not let me change the lock screen background mode from Windows Spotlight to something else. I have searched for an hour without any luck. My laptop has had a history of breaking down. The first time was hard drive failure and I have lost all my data. The second time I needed to repair was when the computer got so slow it was unusable and eventually got blue screens at boot And I needed to reinstall the operating system. When I try to go to edit the setting it is grayed out and on the top it says Some settings are managed by your organization" I am not apart of any organization and I am the only user on the computer with Administrator privileges. I would be very happy if you could help me with this, thanks in advance!

Unable to change lock screen background mode. [​IMG]

:)

CreeperSeth, Jan 28, 2016
  2. Old Jon Win User

Why doesn't my log in screen picture change anymore? I am in the "windows spotlight" mode and have "show lock screen background picture on the sign in screen set to "on"

Old Jon, Jan 28, 2016
  3. Nokia Lumia 635

I have Windows 8.1 installed but still cannot change the lock screen and background. I am unable to choose the photos I want from the start + theme.

KevinGhirxi, Jan 28, 2016
  4. jkh334 Win User

Unable to change lock screen background mode.

I have a very similar problem as this with my lockscreen which I've been trying to fix for about a week. I have seen that it seems many have similar problems so it may be a common windows error. For a while my lockscreen was the default red rock formation but only half of it showed as the bottom half was black. Now, when waking from sleep or restarting, My lock screen will be all black when I wake it up like it's trying to load a picture but cant. I can't click through to the sign in screen so I have to wait but it eventually just goes to the signin screen. Attempting to go to personalization>lockscreen grays settings out without going to the lockscreen option and then I just have to close settings. I tried Deleting all files in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\Loca lState\Assets and turned off sync for themes and windows settings and windows spotlight was working fine with new images last night and this morning but now it's back to the same thing. I get a security warning when selecting all files in the above folder and right clicking also.

Clicking personalization>lockscreen screenshot

Security warning in windows spotlight folder

jkh334, Jan 29, 2016
  5. Still can't change it to picture. It is still locked on windows spotlight

CreeperSeth, Jan 29, 2016
  6. jds63 Win User
    If i am not mistaken Lock screen is not that spotlight picture it is the one before it you can change not where you sign in.

jds63, Jan 29, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    @CreeperSeth
    Is your edition of Windows activated?

Edwin, Jan 29, 2016
  8. Edwin New Member

Have you applied any 'Telemetry Disabling' tweaks or software of any kind?

Edwin, Jan 29, 2016
  9. Davy49 Win User
    I have about the very same issue, as far as this " When I try to go to edit the setting it is grayed out and on the top it says Some settings are managed by your organization" I am not apart of any organization and I am the only user on the computer with Administrator privileges." At least for me..I don't use the lock screen at all..as I'm the only user of my pc, there's really no need to use it.
    David

Davy49, Feb 3, 2016
  10. Machistmo Win User
    In the same Boat as CreeperSeth and I have local Administration rights. Have tried multiple things in the GP Editor and reg keys... so far no luck? Any ideas?

Machistmo, Feb 5, 2016
  11. KeithM Win User
    NoChangingLockscreen

under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization

or HKLM?

Keith

KeithM, Feb 5, 2016
  12. Machistmo Win User
    HKLM.

I looked under CU but did not see anything as I recall. I did some digging in the GP Editor too and found nothing setup to restrict these functions. Another machine I have at work that has 10 was loaded from media while the problematic PC was an upgrade. I am seriously considering taking the 8 or so hours and loading it from scratch as the machine is just not what I expected in terms of performance.

Machistmo, Feb 5, 2016
  13. KeithM Win User

So you did have HKLM\Software\Policies\...\NoChangingLockscreen?

Did deleting it solve your problem?

Keith

KeithM, Feb 6, 2016
  14. Machistmo Win User
    No it wasn't there. I added it, set it to 0 and rebooted and then 1 and etc etc the background field is just greed out. It really annoys me enough to rebuild the box at this point.

Machistmo, Feb 6, 2016
  15. KillerDvD Win User
    RUN: gpedit.msc and look here: Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Control Panel->Personalization
    They should all be set to "Not configured" but if they are Enabled or Disabled, you can change them and it should work again.

KillerDvD, Feb 10, 2016
Thema:

1. Unable to change lock screen background mode. - Similar Threads - Unable change lock

2. Unable to change lock screen background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change lock screen background: For quite some time now I've been having issues with trying to change my lock screen background, I have tried switching to the slideshow and picture back and forth, but It shows my chosen picture in settings, yet whenever I sign out it ends up using the Windows Spotlight...
  3. Lock screen background not changing

Lock screen background not changing: When I was changing my lock screen background, I was expecting to see a slideshow of pictures I taken but instead I was greeted with a Windows XP background. I am so confused on why this had happened as I have absolutely no idea how this has happened as well as I already had...
  4. Lock screen background not changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen background not changing: When I was changing my lock screen background, I was expecting to see a slideshow of pictures I taken but instead I was greeted with a Windows XP background. I am so confused on why this had happened as I have absolutely no idea how this has happened as well as I already had...
  5. Lock screen background not changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Changing Lock Screen Background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Lock Screen Background: I currently have my lock screen background set to a slideshow with a mix of some of my favorite art and photography. However, Windows seems to have chosen a 'default' image that it returns to when I click to sign in - it also always starts the slideshow with this image,...
  7. Changing Lock Screen Background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Lock Screen Background: I currently have my lock screen background set to a slideshow with a mix of some of my favorite art and photography. However, Windows seems to have chosen a 'default' image that it returns to when I click to sign in - it also always starts the slideshow with this image,...
  8. Changing Lock Screen Background

9. Cannot change lock screen background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot change lock screen background: So recently i was following a tutorial to make my windows 10 look more like windows 7. my cousin has windows 7 and i didnt want him to feel left out so i did what i could to make it look like 7. I got classic shell and then when personalizing it to make it feel like 7 I...
  10. Changing the lock screen background

Changing the lock screen background: I have just bought a new HP laptop with Windows 10. I am trying to change the lock screen but the box to choose an image is greyed out and I have a red message saying 'some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation.' This is weird as this is my personal...