Windows 10: Unable to change lockscreen password

Discus and support Unable to change lockscreen password in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, I'm hoping for help on how to change my lockscreen password on my pc. I can't seem to change any password other than my actual Microsoft account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/j0ckstancer, May 16, 2020.

1. Unable to change lockscreen password

Hey, I'm hoping for help on how to change my lockscreen password on my pc. I can't seem to change any password other than my actual Microsoft account password which doesn't affect my lockscreen password. Any help is appreciated.

submitted by /u/j0ckstancer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/j0ckstancer, May 16, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

Lockscreen without password

Correct. I switched to a local account with no password.

The only other thing I can suggest is, create a photo screensaver with your desired image, then turn off screensaver settings. Then, navigate to "C:\Windows\System32\PhotoScreensaver.scr" and create a shortcut to the 'PhotoScreensaver.scr' file and pin it to your taskbar or quick launch and click it to engage:

Unable to change lockscreen password [​IMG]

EDIT: Mind you, it won't be the Lock Screen with the date and time on it though! *Wink

Edwin, May 16, 2020
  3. Lockscreen password

The screen is locked and I am unable to access anything except the lockscreen. I am writing this from a different computer. Any suggestions?

RobertJacobson1538, May 16, 2020
  4. Unable to change lockscreen password

Changing Lockscreen password

There should be an option to change the lockscreen password without losing any of the data via the website.
    If we are signed into our microsoft account(the same as our phone), the website should allow us to reset our lockscreen pin.
    It will be a great help for people like me, who changed their pin one night before and forgot it in the day.
    Please help asap.

ApurvaDaphale, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Unable to change lockscreen password

1. Unable to change lockscreen password - Similar Threads - Unable change lockscreen

2. Unable to change lockscreen background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change lockscreen background: I've been having this problem for a long time, no updates have fixed it yet. Whenever I try to change my lockscreen image, it keeps loading the image but never does, as shown on the image. I tried to leave it loading for over a day and it never did.I've tried every solution...
  3. Unable to change lockscreen background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change lockscreen background: I've been having this problem for a long time, no updates have fixed it yet. Whenever I try to change my lockscreen image, it keeps loading the image but never does, as shown on the image. I tried to leave it loading for over a day and it never did.I've tried every solution...
  4. Unable to change lockscreen background

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to change lockscreen on sign in screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change lockscreen on sign in screen: In personalization I'm allowed to change my lockscreen but when going into the sign in screen the image does not appear. However, if I manually lock my computer the chosen lock screen image is shown. This issue has been going on for months now and is very irritating as I...
  6. unable to show password for open lockscreen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    unable to show password for open lockscreen: [IMG]unable to show lockscreen pasword... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-show-password-for-open-lockscreen/6ef61e40-9e4c-4541-aacf-0d4688074f1c
  7. No password no lockscreen no bull ...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No password no lockscreen no bull ...: Updated to win10 finally from win 7. How can i deactivate the fkn lockscreen and PW ?! i want to boot into windows without any hassle. netplwiz => PW are already deactivated. winlogon in registry => only one user already Still got lockscreen and have to enter PW....
  8. How to change lockscreen password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change lockscreen password: how to change lockscreen password in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-lockscreen-password/63d4a656-d025-46c0-b894-24d7c8bfe58f
  9. Lockscreen password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lockscreen password: I have a couple of Windows 10 computers. One I use predominantly and one my husband uses. When we set them up they were both in my name as my husband rarely used them. Now we want to separate them out more. I tried today to change the lockscreen password on the laptop my...
  10. Unable to change password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change password: I've tried going CTRL + ALT + DEL and selecting 'Change Password' but when i go to click 'change password' after typing in my old password and a new one, it comes up with the following message: Configuration information could not be read from the domain controller, either...