Windows 10: Unable to change mic audio quality

Discus and support Unable to change mic audio quality in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I've been looking around for a few days trying to figure out how to change the audio quality of mine and a friends microphone. Essentially,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shadey X360A, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Unable to change mic audio quality

Hello!

I've been looking around for a few days trying to figure out how to change the audio quality of mine and a friends microphone. Essentially, you just have to go to the advanced audio settings, and change the bit rate to the quality you want, hit apply and you're good to go.

Unfortunately, every time we try to change the mic quality, windows tells us that something is already using the device and changing the quality could cause the application using the mic to stop working. We click yes, and the window goes away, but after going back to check if it changed it still shows the current bitrate it was on. Luckily mine is set to CD Quality, my friend has theirs set to Telephone.

We are using corsair headsets, mines a Void, and theirs is a Void Pro. We've uninstalled the audio drivers, as well as the CUE and firmware and reinstalled. We've restarted and shutdown our systems. We have switched our default sound devices and disabled/re-enabled our devices. I dont know what else to do/try to allow us to change our bitrate for our microphones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Shadey X360A, Jan 17, 2019
  2. Andrew Win User

ATR 2500 USB Mic quality dropped suddenly

I've been using this mic for weeks to record voice overs in premiere pro on windows 10. Today the quality dropped significantly and I'm not sure why. Any help is appreciated - Here's what I've tried so far

• Uninstalled and reinstalled all audio drivers (failed)
    • Did a system restore to a point created 2 days ago (failed)
    • Ran through security settings for microphone to make sure programs are allow access
    • Tested the mic on my laptop: audio quality seems good there still
    • Ran troubleshooter on sound devices (failed to find issues)

Andrew, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Low quality audio in headset when microphone is activated

Anytime anything activates the mic (Discord, Skype, Webex, the recording tab in the sound part of the control panel) the audio quality in my headset is very low quality.

To Reproduce:

1. Play music of choice
    2. Press the windows key and type sound
    3. Click the Recording tab. Music will change to low quality
    4. Click the Playback tab your music should sound normal
    5. Rip hair out in frustration

Bill Young, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Unable to change mic audio quality

Poor audio quality after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Eugene,

As you are facing issues with sound quality after upgrading to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you referring to sound quality from the computer/ speakers/ headphones?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates and drivers updates after upgrading to Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

This issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted audio drivers. Let us try the below troubleshooting steps if not yet tried and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

try the audio troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to change the properties of Windows Audio services and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Click Start, type
      Services.msc in the Start Search box.

• Scroll down the list of services, right-click
      Windows Audio and select Start.

• Select Properties for
      Windows Audio and set its Startup Type to
      Automatic.
    If the Windows Audio service does not start and you get the error
    Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start, then make sure that the following services are started and their
    Startup Type is set to Automatic.

Method 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of accessing sound after upgrading to Windows 10 for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Unable to change mic audio quality

1. Unable to change mic audio quality - Similar Threads - Unable change mic

2. unable to change sample rate on high quality mic.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to change sample rate on high quality mic.: I need my mic quality to be lower for some games that don't register mine, but I've searched it up and no one really has a solution. I've tried the advanced audio settings but that's about all I could find on the internet....
  3. unable to change sample rate on high quality mic.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to change sample rate on high quality mic.: I need my mic quality to be lower for some games that don't register mine, but I've searched it up and no one really has a solution. I've tried the advanced audio settings but that's about all I could find on the internet....
  4. unable to change sample rate on high quality mic.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Audio quality suddenly decreases when mic is enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio quality suddenly decreases when mic is enabled: I’ve recently gotten my first PC and have switched from xbox. On xbox I used the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 and figured I would use them on PC as well. I connected them via bluetooth and was able to get them to work fine for an output but the mic wasn’t working. So I...
  6. Audio quality suddenly decreases when mic is enabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio quality suddenly decreases when mic is enabled: I’ve recently gotten my first PC and have switched from xbox. On xbox I used the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 and figured I would use them on PC as well. I connected them via bluetooth and was able to get them to work fine for an output but the mic wasn’t working. So I...
  7. Mic quality poor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic quality poor: I got a new headset a couple of days ago, the Razer Blackshark V2 Pro. I was surprised that my friends on discord told me that I sounded like I was underwater. I tried messing with synapse, windows, and discord settings, I tried changing the frequency but it was already set...
  8. Unable to change Mic Bitrate and audio quality

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change Mic Bitrate and audio quality: Recently I purchased a new computer and got windows 10 installed and wanted to change my mic from 24hz 192000 Hz the option to change it is just grayed out and doesn't let me click to change the option. I have had this mic on other computers and it isn't a problem. Any idea...
  9. Poor Mic Audio Quality

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Poor Mic Audio Quality: I recently built my first PC and have had a lot of audio issues since installing Windows 10 on it. Most of them are now sorted out but one still remains. My microphone quality is horrible and unintelligible in Windows 10. I can confirm that this is an audio processing issue...
  10. Unable to change microphone quality

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to change microphone quality: [ATTACH] can anyone please tell me why I can't change my microphone quality? I was able to a few days ago but no longer. I can change it on my headset microphone but not this standalone microphone I am currently using (USB PnP audio device)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant change external mic quality

2. cant change microphone codec win 10

3. unable to change mic quality

4. change mic bitrate registry,
  5. windows unable to change mic quality,
  6. cant change microphone bitrate,
  7. windows 10 usb headset bitrate