Windows 10: Unable to change Mic Bitrate and audio quality

Discus and support Unable to change Mic Bitrate and audio quality in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently I purchased a new computer and got windows 10 installed and wanted to change my mic from 24hz 192000 Hz the option to change it is just grayed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Beefcakes, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Beefcakes Win User

Unable to change Mic Bitrate and audio quality

Recently I purchased a new computer and got windows 10 installed and wanted to change my mic from 24hz 192000 Hz the option to change it is just grayed out and doesn't let me click to change the option. I have had this mic on other computers and it isn't a problem. Any idea on how I fix this?

:)

Beefcakes, Mar 23, 2021

2. Unable to change mic audio quality

Hello!

I've been looking around for a few days trying to figure out how to change the audio quality of mine and a friends microphone. Essentially, you just have to go to the advanced audio settings, and change the bit rate to the quality you want, hit apply and
    you're good to go.

Unfortunately, every time we try to change the mic quality, windows tells us that something is already using the device and changing the quality could cause the application using the mic to stop working. We click yes, and the window goes away, but after
    going back to check if it changed it still shows the current bitrate it was on. Luckily mine is set to CD Quality, my friend has theirs set to Telephone.

We are using corsair headsets, mines a Void, and theirs is a Void Pro. We've uninstalled the audio drivers, as well as the CUE and firmware and reinstalled. We've restarted and shutdown our systems. We have switched our default sound devices and disabled/re-enabled
    our devices. I dont know what else to do/try to allow us to change our bitrate for our microphones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shadey X360A, Mar 23, 2021
  3. RejZoR Win User
    Really bad audio quality at lower ShadowPlay bitrates

I'm using NVIDIA ShadowPlay to record my antivirus tests. It's convenient and it just works. At first I was using 1080p at 50Mbps bitrate and it was kinda ok in general. I've tried trimming down recorded file size by decreasing bitrate to 25Mbps. I'm recording desktop, so I don't really need insane bitrate, but it turns out, using 25Mbps bitrate for video also introduced loads of audio artefacting over my narration.

Which makes me wonder, why doesn't NVIDIA offer separate audio quality control? In my case, I'd need high audio quality but only moderate video bitrate quality. And yet I'm forced to use insane video bitrate just to compensate for that in audio. And yes, I know ShadowPlay is meant for game recording, but still. Serves the purpose just fine, considering I got it with my expensive graphic card.

RejZoR, Mar 23, 2021
  4. Unable to change Mic Bitrate and audio quality

Unable to change mic audio quality

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you receive when you change the Mic’s quality?

I understand that you are unable to change the default format for your Microphone and set it on CD quality option. Looking at the error that you are receiving, it is possible that some application might be using the Microphone.

I suggest you to try few troubleshooting methods to fix this issue and check if that helps:

Method 1: Close all the applications and disable all the applications running in the background.

To disable background applications:-

1. Tap on
    Windows + I on the keyboard.

2. Click on the
    Privacy option.

3. Click on the
    Background apps option under App permissions.

4. Toggle the switch
    off for all the application running in the background.

After closing and disabling all the applications try to change the microphone’s default format and check if you are able to make changes.

Method 2: Perform clean boot, disable all the third party applications and check if you are able to change the bit rate. Refer the article on
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows.

Reply with the status of the information to help you further.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

Unable to change Mic Bitrate and audio quality

1. Unable to change Mic Bitrate and audio quality - Similar Threads - Unable change Mic

2. unable to change sample rate on high quality mic.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to change sample rate on high quality mic.: I need my mic quality to be lower for some games that don't register mine, but I've searched it up and no one really has a solution. I've tried the advanced audio settings but that's about all I could find on the internet....
  3. unable to change sample rate on high quality mic.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to change sample rate on high quality mic.: I need my mic quality to be lower for some games that don't register mine, but I've searched it up and no one really has a solution. I've tried the advanced audio settings but that's about all I could find on the internet....
  4. unable to change sample rate on high quality mic.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Audio quality suddenly decreases when mic is enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio quality suddenly decreases when mic is enabled: I’ve recently gotten my first PC and have switched from xbox. On xbox I used the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 and figured I would use them on PC as well. I connected them via bluetooth and was able to get them to work fine for an output but the mic wasn’t working. So I...
  6. Lower Mic Bitrate Below Limit

Lower Mic Bitrate Below Limit: Hello. This is a pretty stupid question but I was wondering if there was any way to actually lower the bitrate of a microphone to be lower than what it's limit is? For example, is there any way to get it lower to what it is now:Thanks for your help!...
  7. Poor Mic Audio Quality

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Poor Mic Audio Quality: I recently built my first PC and have had a lot of audio issues since installing Windows 10 on it. Most of them are now sorted out but one still remains. My microphone quality is horrible and unintelligible in Windows 10. I can confirm that this is an audio processing issue...
  8. Unable to change microphone quality

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to change microphone quality: [ATTACH] can anyone please tell me why I can't change my microphone quality? I was able to a few days ago but no longer. I can change it on my headset microphone but not this standalone microphone I am currently using (USB PnP audio device)...
  9. Unable to change mic audio quality

Unable to change mic audio quality: Hello! I've been looking around for a few days trying to figure out how to change the audio quality of mine and a friends microphone. Essentially, you just have to go to the advanced audio settings, and change the bit rate to the quality you want, hit apply and you're good...
  10. Unable to Change Sample Bitrate in Windows 10

Unable to Change Sample Bitrate in Windows 10: Hi, I just bought a new mixer (Mackie ProFX8), which attaches to my computer via USB. Didn't work the first time, so unplugged / replugged, and Windows detected it and automatically installed the driver (USB CODEC—no Mackie-exclusive drivers exist on their website). So,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant change microphone bitrate