Windows 10: Unable to change my laptop's screen's brightness and connect to my second monitor.

Discus and support Unable to change my laptop's screen's brightness and connect to my second monitor. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've tried uninstalling and re-installing all my Display Adapter drivers and also all the Monitor's drivers within device manager with no success. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Keqing, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Keqing Win User

Unable to change my laptop's screen's brightness and connect to my second monitor.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing all my Display Adapter drivers and also all the Monitor's drivers within device manager with no success. I've also updated my Windows to the latest version there is and that hasn't changed anything. Any advice would be appreciated.

:)

Keqing, Jan 20, 2020

2. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

FrostyTigerXP, Jan 20, 2020
  3. monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Unable to change my laptop's screen's brightness and connect to my second monitor.

Laptop Screen Brightness is not the same as Secondary Monitor's brightness

After I installed windows 10, I noticed that the screen brightness on my laptop's screen was dimmer than the brightness of my secondary monitor. Not dim enough to suggest a problem with the lamp, but just dim enough to be annoying, as though it was turned
    down in the settings. I went through and tried to change the screen brightness, but it failed to be effected. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

occultApathetic, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Unable to change my laptop's screen's brightness and connect to my second monitor.

1. Unable to change my laptop's screen's brightness and connect to my second monitor. - Similar Threads - Unable change laptop's

2. Second monitor not as bright as main screen - totally stumped

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor not as bright as main screen - totally stumped: I have 2 external monitors and they are both significantly less bright than my main laptop screens. Screens plural because I have 2 separate laptops (one HP and one Dell) with 2 different graphics cards but both the same issue connected via VGA to said monitors. The VGA cable...
  3. Can't change the display brightness on my monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change the display brightness on my monitor: Hello! So I just built my first PC and I'm having a few issues with the Display brightness. I'm not new to Windows, I have been on a break from the OS system for a year so maybe things have changed but to my understanding, there was always a way to manually change the...
  4. Cant connect my monitor to my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant connect my monitor to my laptop: After I restarted my laptop it says no signal on my 2nd monitor. When I try to change the project settings it just goes back to pc screen only. submitted by /u/darkname324 [link] [comments]...
  5. Unable to change screen brightness

Unable to change screen brightness: I am completely unable to change my screen brightness, either through settings or the control panel. I have tried everything the internet suggested, including community solutions, but none of them work. it began after the most recent windows update, where the change...
  6. Change brightness on my pc laptop

Change brightness on my pc laptop: I can't seem to be able to change my brightness on my HP Stream laptop. The buttons won't work and I tried through the settings and it didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-brightness-on-my-pc-laptop/b7efaf97-04f3-44d5-8fc8-133f5e8c3dca
  7. Connecting 2 monitors to my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting 2 monitors to my laptop: I have a HP Envy x360 and I need to connect 2 monitors to it. I also purchased a Targus VersaLink Dual Video Docking Station. I have connected it all but still cannot get both external monitors to work....any advise??...
  8. Unable to change my screen brightness after recent updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to change my screen brightness after recent updates: Since the latest update of my windows on 17 September, 2018 I am unable to change my screen brightness. I don't know why windows is giving so many updates. I am from India and the internet speed is not good at everyplace so in every 10 days updating my windows is a hard...
  9. My HDMI connection to my second monitor no longer works

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    My HDMI connection to my second monitor no longer works: For some unknown reason the HDMI connection between my laptop and my second monitor no longer works. The monitor itself is working fine, but it now gets no connection from my laptop. Worse, because I had set it to the #1 display, when I connect the two, the control panel and...
  10. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop: So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around...