Windows 10: Unable to change my lock screen on Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to change my lock screen on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; For whatever reason, if I try to change my lock screen on windows 10, it endlessly loads the picture and never actually saves. If I try to right click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dxnw, Jun 6, 2021.

1. dxnw Win User

Unable to change my lock screen on Windows 10

For whatever reason, if I try to change my lock screen on windows 10, it endlessly loads the picture and never actually saves. If I try to right click > set as > lock screen from photos, it says "try another photo". It's not the file, I've tried countless files and file types, they all have the same issue. I am an admin, and windows is activated. Solutions I've tried: Registry edits. Enabling policy editor to force a lock screen from a file's path. SFC/scannow Changing to a local account instead of logging in with a Microsoft account. Forcing windows update. Clean install/repair of windows. Creating a new user and see if I can change it on there (I can't). I am at my wit's end because it is surely such an easy fix for a frankly trivial issue. But it's driving me sideways.

:)

dxnw, Jun 6, 2021

2. Lock screen on Windows 10 won't change

I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and have also been unable to change the lock screen. Followed the steps as suggested and the problem is still not fixed. Is there anything else that can be done?

Meridith L, Jun 6, 2021
  3. Lock screen on Windows 10 won't change

Hey Team;

Even i am facing the same issue... Lockscreen image wont change..

Please suggest..

Sumeet.Punmia, Jun 6, 2021
  4. Unable to change my lock screen on Windows 10

unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 6, 2021
Thema:

Unable to change my lock screen on Windows 10

1. Unable to change my lock screen on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable change lock

2. Unable to change lock screen background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change lock screen background: For quite some time now I've been having issues with trying to change my lock screen background, I have tried switching to the slideshow and picture back and forth, but It shows my chosen picture in settings, yet whenever I sign out it ends up using the Windows Spotlight...
  3. Unable to change lock screen picture in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change lock screen picture in windows 10: Hello there, greetings.I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me with a problem I'm facing.I am unable to change my lock screen wallpaper.Whenever i open up the lock screen settings, this is what i seeWhen i try to select a picture from 'Browse' > 'Choose Picture', i...
  4. Unable to change lock screen picture in windows 10

Unable to change lock screen picture in windows 10: Hello there, greetings.I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me with a problem I'm facing.I am unable to change my lock screen wallpaper.Whenever i open up the lock screen settings, this is what i seeWhen i try to select a picture from 'Browse' > 'Choose Picture', i...
  5. Unable to change lock screen picture in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Unable to change lock screen and the user profile picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change lock screen and the user profile picture: I'm on windows 11 and I can't seem to change my lock screen or my user profile picture and this is what It shows me when I try to change the profile picture:and when I try to change my lockscreen it just keeps on loading like this but never changes:...
  7. Unable to change lock screen picture

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to change lock screen picture: For months I haven't been able to set a lock screen picture. If I do it straight from photos, it says "try a different photo" with no information underneath. If I try to change it from settings, it just loads forever. (If I chose one of the photos underneath "Choose your...
  8. Unable to change password on the lock screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to change password on the lock screen: As you see in the title I cannot change the password on the Lock screen. I tried three times. Shut down then switched the PC on but I see the old password....
  9. Windows 10 - Unable to change account picture and lock screen

Windows 10 - Unable to change account picture and lock screen: Hi, I just realized after recent major update on windows 10 I'm facing some issues. 1. Unable to change account picture [img] 2. Stuck on changing lock screen [img] I already do some troubleshooting: 1. sfc /scannow 2. DISM - DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  10. Unable to change lock screen background mode.

Unable to change lock screen background mode.: Hello, I am pretty good with computer but I have ran in to a problem I just can't fix. The operating system will not let me change the lock screen background mode from Windows Spotlight to something else. I have searched for an hour without any luck. My laptop has had a...