Windows 10: Unable to change my profile picture

Discus and support Unable to change my profile picture in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I try to change my profile picture this error message shows up. [ATTACH] I tried changing the permissions to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MatyášMalovaný, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Unable to change my profile picture

Whenever I try to change my profile picture this error message shows up.

Unable to change my profile picture 2a39d9b7-a60a-462a-9987-8259acca5937?upload=true.png

I tried changing the permissions to the \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures folder but I already had full control

Unable to change my profile picture ae26bbca-d9b0-4553-9c1a-419d7c52f4c7?upload=true.png

I also tried changing the pictures in ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures but that also didn't do anything even after a restart.

Unable to change my profile picture 44f3ea26-5daf-4b28-8113-7cf37fe7a357?upload=true.png

:)

MatyášMalovaný, Oct 15, 2020

2. Unable to change account picture, error: Account picture error, Setting the account picture failed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to change the profile picture on Windows 10, please do let us know how exactly you are trying to change it.

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps to change the profile picture.

Steps:

• Log-in with administrator account.

• Go to system root drive on which
      Windows is installed currently, that is usually C: drive.

• Click on View
      in the title bar, then check the Hidden items. Now click the
      ProgramData folder.

• Navigate to Microsoft\User Account Pictures.

• In the User Accounts Pictures folder, you’ll see the default user account pictures. You’ll just need to replace these pictures with your desired picture for user account.

• Manipulate your desired image for user account picture in the same format and same size and
      replace the default ones.

• Now reboot the system and you’ll be able to get your desired image as user account picture.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 15, 2020
  3. How to change profile picture

Hi AkashSharma3,

Here are the steps on how to change your picture in your Hotmail account:

https://profile.live.com
    • On the left hand side, click Change picture.
    • Click New picture then choose the picture from your computer.
    • Wait for it to load then click Save.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

MaRoselle Cag, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Unable to change my profile picture

How to change profile picture on log-in screen in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand that you are referring to remove your profile picture on log-in screen, do confirm us if so.

• Are you facing this issue on Microsoft account/ local account?

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Change your account picture

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Unable to change my profile picture

1. Unable to change my profile picture - Similar Threads - Unable change profile

2. Profile picture changed after update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Profile picture changed after update: I bought an HP a week ago, and assumed that the restarts required during setup would maximize my security. I recently updated my computer, and when my computer turned back on, my profile picture was a cartoon drawing of humpty dumpty smoking a cigar. Please tell me how to...
  3. I need to change profile picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to change profile picture: Need to change profile picture https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-change-profile-picture/37f54c5e-421a-401f-a737-c2854cca7614
  4. Unable to change lock screen and the user profile picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change lock screen and the user profile picture: I'm on windows 11 and I can't seem to change my lock screen or my user profile picture and this is what It shows me when I try to change the profile picture:and when I try to change my lockscreen it just keeps on loading like this but never changes:...
  5. Unable to change lock screen and the user profile picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change lock screen and the user profile picture: I'm on windows 11 and I can't seem to change my lock screen or my user profile picture and this is what It shows me when I try to change the profile picture:and when I try to change my lockscreen it just keeps on loading like this but never changes:...
  6. My profile picture changed and is looking weird.

My profile picture changed and is looking weird.: Sp today I opened up my laptop and it had this weird, looking, offsetting profile picture rather than the default windows picture of a blank person. [IMG] Can anyone please explain why this is? Please tell me it's just a glitch or something like that....
  7. Unable to delete profile picture

Unable to delete profile picture: Hi After I deleted profile picture in https://account.microsoft.com/profile/ it is still visible in Office, Edge and other apps when I log in. How can I delete this profile picture also in these apps?...
  8. CHANGE MY PROFILE PICTURE ON MY LOCK SCREEN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    CHANGE MY PROFILE PICTURE ON MY LOCK SCREEN: HELLO. I WANT TO KNOW THE STEPS TO CHANGE MY PROFILE PICTURE ON MY LOCK SCREEN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-my-profile-picture-on-my-lock-screen/60e17be7-961e-4d6b-a24a-721dce976499
  9. how to change the profile picture on my lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how to change the profile picture on my lock screen: i have changed the picture of my lock screen. but i dont really like it anymore and i am trying to change it again! but when i try to i cant find where i press to change it i cant because i cant find it!!!! so please tell me where i can find it!...
  10. Profile Pictures changed in Windows10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Profile Pictures changed in Windows10: On both of my PCs I've lost my Screen Name photos on Windows 10. They have moved to another picture. The data has not changed, just the photos. Any help is appreciated....