Windows 10: Unable to change my screen brightness after recent updates

Discus and support Unable to change my screen brightness after recent updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since the latest update of my windows on 17 September, 2018 I am unable to change my screen brightness. I don't know why windows is giving so many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SURYA SACHAN, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Unable to change my screen brightness after recent updates

Since the latest update of my windows on 17 September, 2018 I am unable to change my screen brightness.

I don't know why windows is giving so many updates.

I am from India and the internet speed is not good at everyplace so in every 10 days updating my windows is a hard task

Whenever I start my PC every time windows gets updates.

People are having many problems and could create a heavy loos in Microsoft business.

Yours Sincerely

:)

SURYA SACHAN, Sep 22, 2018

2. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

FrostyTigerXP, Sep 22, 2018
  3. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Swapna S Win User

Unable to change my screen brightness after recent updates

Changing laptop brightness.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might be related to Display adapter.

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask few questions:

1) How exactly you are trying to change the screen brightness?

2) Do you get any error message, when trying to change the brightness?

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: updating the display adapter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Expand the Display adapter.
    • Right click on the driver and select
      Update driver software
    For more information, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...d4-a109-221bd8a32fca/change-screen-brightness

Please get back to us, if you are facing issue
    in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

Unable to change my screen brightness after recent updates

1. Unable to change my screen brightness after recent updates - Similar Threads - Unable change screen

2. Unable to change brightness on laptop after windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to change brightness on laptop after windows update: As of the latest Windows servicing stack update Oct 28, 2022, I am unable to change the brightness of my laptop's screen. When i use the function key shortcuts to attempt to change the brightness, the brightness bar does show the animation of going up/down but the actual...
  3. Unable to change brightness on laptop after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change brightness on laptop after windows update: As of the latest Windows servicing stack update Oct 28, 2022, I am unable to change the brightness of my laptop's screen. When i use the function key shortcuts to attempt to change the brightness, the brightness bar does show the animation of going up/down but the actual...
  4. Unable to change brightness on laptop after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to change brightness on laptop after windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Not able to change brightness after recent Windows 10 update

Not able to change brightness after recent Windows 10 update: Not able to change brightness after recent Windows 10 update. Tried all possible things available on the internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-change-brightness-after-recent-windows/e169c8bf-c395-4458-881e-73c0fdbecada
  7. Unable to change the screen brightness after display driver update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to change the screen brightness after display driver update: Hello , About the problem I have updated the Intel UHD Graphics 620 From : 26.20.100.7990 version To : 27.20.100.7990 version Through the windows update option in the settings It was a Display Driver Update and has been successfully updated and installed . After...
  8. Unable to change screen brightness

Unable to change screen brightness: I am completely unable to change my screen brightness, either through settings or the control panel. I have tried everything the internet suggested, including community solutions, but none of them work. it began after the most recent windows update, where the change...
  9. Screen brightness not adjusted after recent update

Screen brightness not adjusted after recent update: Dear Team, After recent update of windows 10, my screen brightness will not adjust, it cannot be changed from low....
  10. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop: So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around...