Windows 10: Unable to change my sign in PIN, which has been forgotten, via the "Forgot my pin" button.

Discus and support Unable to change my sign in PIN, which has been forgotten, via the "Forgot my pin" button. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; After forgetting my PIN to sign into my windows 10 acer laptop, I attempted to get the pin reset through "I forgot my PIN". After identifying myself... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by GRIMCREEPER1323, Mar 16, 2023.

1. Unable to change my sign in PIN, which has been forgotten, via the "Forgot my pin" button.

After forgetting my PIN to sign into my windows 10 acer laptop, I attempted to get the pin reset through "I forgot my PIN". After identifying myself via my microsoft account password as well as a code sent to a second email address, I am prompted with the "Are you sure?" screen, where it tells me what will happen if I reset my pin. When I press Continue, I am brought to a screen that says "Something went wrong. We weren't able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this step and set up a PIN later." If I press "skip for now" I am brought back to the sign in screen, still unable to log

:)

GRIMCREEPER1323, Mar 16, 2023

2. Problem Changing PIN or Hitting forgot my PIN

I forgot what build # it was but it was created before the offical relase of Windows 10 (When it was in development)

Christian Edwards, Mar 16, 2023
  3. Problem Changing PIN or Hitting forgot my PIN

Hi Christian,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

• When was the Pin created?

Are you able to sign in with your Pin? If you are unable to I would suggest you to refer to the suggestion from Jessen P replied on April 25, 2015 and check if that helps.

Redirecting

Hope this helps, if the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Mar 16, 2023
  4. MrsT22110 Win User

Unable to change my sign in PIN, which has been forgotten, via the "Forgot my pin" button.

forgotten pin

Hi,

I'm going around in circles here.

I want to download Windows Draw.

I'm asked for my PIN - I have absolutely no memory of ever setting a PIN.

I click on "I have forgotten my PIN"

I'm asked to sign In, but I am already signed in.

My contact phone number has changed so that won't work.

I go to the site suggested;

I'm asked for my PIN - I have absolutely no memory of ever setting a PIN.

I click on "I have forgotten my PIN"

I'm asked for details of my age etc.

An automated response come back saying I haven't provided the right data!

I still want to download Windows Draw.

Argghhhhh

MrsT22110, Mar 16, 2023
Thema:

Unable to change my sign in PIN, which has been forgotten, via the "Forgot my pin" button.

1. Unable to change my sign in PIN, which has been forgotten, via the "Forgot my pin" button. - Similar Threads - Unable change sign

2. Forgot my pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot my pin: Good morning, can't remember my pin,my laptop isn't giving me the option to login, how can I get help to recover my pin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-my-pin/1e90fa8c-87e5-4891-b6e1-57e192328125
  3. Unable to replace a forgotten pin on my Surface

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to replace a forgotten pin on my Surface: Hi Microsoft, I have forgotten my pin and have not been able to put in a new one. I have tried the 'I forgot my pin' button on the start settings page. I press send notification and get a sign in request for my Microsoft account on authenticator on my phone. I approve this...
  4. Unable to replace a forgotten pin on my Surface

Unable to replace a forgotten pin on my Surface: Hi Microsoft, I have forgotten my pin and have not been able to put in a new one. I have tried the 'I forgot my pin' button on the start settings page. I press send notification and get a sign in request for my Microsoft account on authenticator on my phone. I approve this...
  5. Unable to change my sign in PIN, which has been forgotten, via the "Forgot my pin" button.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change my sign in PIN, which has been forgotten, via the "Forgot my pin" button.: After forgetting my PIN to sign into my windows 10 acer laptop, I attempted to get the pin reset through "I forgot my PIN". After identifying myself via my microsoft account password as well as a code sent to a second email address, I am prompted with the "Are you sure?"...
  6. Unable to change my sign in PIN, which has been forgotten, via the "Forgot my pin" button.

Unable to change my sign in PIN, which has been forgotten, via the "Forgot my pin" button.: After forgetting my PIN to sign into my windows 10 acer laptop, I attempted to get the pin reset through "I forgot my PIN". After identifying myself via my microsoft account password as well as a code sent to a second email address, I am prompted with the "Are you sure?"...
  7. Unable to change PIN for Sign-In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change PIN for Sign-In: I first purchased my PC in 2015 and had set up my user account and pin for sign-in option. After several iterations of windows updates, I am presently trying to change my PIN number used for sign-iin upon boot or after locking my PC. However, the Sign-In Options in the...
  8. Unable to change PIN for Sign-In

Unable to change PIN for Sign-In: I first purchased my PC in 2015 and had set up my user account and pin for sign-in option. After several iterations of windows updates, I am presently trying to change my PIN number used for sign-iin upon boot or after locking my PC. However, the Sign-In Options in the...
  9. Forgotten my pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgotten my pin: I forgot my pin and the number my Microsoft account was whit I no longer have it. Would someone please contact me at my Email for help me, please *** Email address is removed for privacy ****original title: forget...
  10. Forgot my PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot my PIN: I forgot my PIN and my windows os is also not giving me option for login with password and "I forgot my PIN "tab is also not working, what should i do how i am able to get into my system....