Windows 10: Unable to change options in " turn windows features on or off "

Discus and support Unable to change options in " turn windows features on or off " in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to enable my .NET environment on windows 10 pro version 1909 because it needed for the applications that i use. When i try to enable it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Wick147, May 7, 2020.

1. Wick147 Win User

Unable to change options in " turn windows features on or off "

I am trying to enable my .NET environment on windows 10 pro version 1909 because it needed for the applications that i use. When i try to enable it in "windows feature on/off" it gives me the message that changes have been completed but when i go back in features it is unchecked. Also my application alerts me about not having the required .NET framework.

I saw that other people had similar issues and i tried using SFC.exe but no issues were found. Also i ran the .NET framework repair tool but it didn't help. Also i have re-installed Windows but without much help. Can someone please assist here?

:)

Wick147, May 7, 2020
  2. Jaune Bel Win User

manage optional features

Hi Alicia,

There could be a setting that has been configured to open the Manage optional features automatically. We'd like to know a few things so we could provide an accurate resolution. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Is Manage optional features popping up right after you turn on your computer or while using it?
    • Are you trying to disable the Manage optional features completely?

If you're trying to disable any of the optional features, here are the steps on how to do it :

• Go to Control Panel and click on Programs.
    • Click on the Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On Windows Features, select the feature(s) that you want to enable or disable and click
      OK.
    • Restart your computer as the wizard says to complete the task.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Jaune Bel, May 7, 2020
  3. pigulici Win User
    Pc problem, randomly doesn't turn on sometimes.

"
    Fast startup is a feature in Windows that helps your computer start faster. You can use the following steps to enable or disable fast startup.

• Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
    • Click Save changes."

pigulici, May 7, 2020
  4. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, May 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to change options in " turn windows features on or off " - Similar Threads - Unable change options

2. Unable to Turn on "Virtual Machine Platform" in the "turn windows feature on or off" settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Turn on "Virtual Machine Platform" in the "turn windows feature on or off" settings: When I turned on the "Virtual Machine Platform" option and restarted the pc , the update is stopping at 30% and it tries to restart multiple times but runs into blue screen showing "Windows cannot restart use Recovery Tools "I'm doing this to work with linux distributions...
  3. Unable to Turn on "Virtual Machine Platform" in the "turn windows feature on or off" settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Turn on "Virtual Machine Platform" in the "turn windows feature on or off" settings: When I turned on the "Virtual Machine Platform" option and restarted the pc , the update is stopping at 30% and it tries to restart multiple times but runs into blue screen showing "Windows cannot restart use Recovery Tools "I'm doing this to work with linux distributions...
  4. Unable to disable turn Windows features on or off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to disable turn Windows features on or off.: Computer is updated to version 21H1, the connected printer cannot use it.According to Microsoft's recommendation to remove Pat update in turn windows features on or off page.Because there is no button to uninstall as shown in the attached picture. How can I fix it?...
  5. Turn Windows Features on or off?

Turn Windows Features on or off?: When I go to turn on some of the Windows features and click "Ok" they automatically turn themselves back off. And vice versa. Any way to stop this from happening? Am I doing something wrong?...
  6. Turn Windows Features On or Off

Turn Windows Features On or Off: Some time ago, I messed with the option of turning Windows features on or off. I was wondering what the default features are, and maybe which ones I should have on. If it helps, I have a FLEX 4-1470. Thanks....
  7. No Windows Sandbox option in turn Windows features on/off

No Windows Sandbox option in turn Windows features on/off: Hi all. I really need Windows Sandbox, but i can't find it in turn Windows features on/off [ATTACH] Yes, I have virtualization enabled [ATTACH] Yes, I have Windows Pro, and yes, I have the 1909 [ATTACH] I don't really know what to do at this point Please help...
  8. Turn windows features on or off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn windows features on or off: Every time i try to play this one game one my computer a message pops up. “An app on your PC needs the following Windows feature: Collecting feature detail.” Under it shows “-> Install this feature”(which is gray and not clickable) and “-> Skip this installation”(thats blue...
  9. turn windows features on or off .... features problems .......

turn windows features on or off .... features problems .......: no option …… here what can I do ???[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-windows-features-on-or-off-features-problems/a096cbff-d166-4258-aca7-276e271d300b
  10. Media Features in "Turn windows features on and off"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Media Features in "Turn windows features on and off": Hello, I will go straight to the point here guys, I need WMP and I have installed Windows 10 Pro N recently (since my university gives free keys) I went to the windows download section in the website and downloaded the Media features Pack! The problem is, after I...