Windows 10: Unable to change other members PIN or password

Discus and support Unable to change other members PIN or password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 laptop. I’m the authorizer in my account, my kids were added as members, they forgot their passwords to log in into the system and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by daisy catalinarios orrego, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Unable to change other members PIN or password

I have a Windows 10 laptop. I’m the authorizer in my account, my kids were added as members, they forgot their passwords to log in into the system and I can’t figure out how to change their password or PIN, it only lets me do my own PIN or password. It tells me that i have to go into this website to reset it. I logged in into the family and I cant find any info on how to change the password fir them.

:)

daisy catalinarios orrego, Nov 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Unable to change other members PIN or password

Unexpected required password / pin change

A little while ago, a family member was unable to log in to her laptop with Windows 10.

She has had the password and used it many times.

This time, she was prompted to reset her password, which was verified in an email seemingly from MS. Then she was prompted to create a PIN. She is leary of creating a PIN, without being absolutely certain this is from MS.

Is this legit?

And if she has a new password, why does she need a PIN?

Why can't she bypass this step, and rely on her newly verified password?

DavidWorkman2, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Unable to change other members PIN or password

1. Unable to change other members PIN or password - Similar Threads - Unable change members

2. Have other members lost their password? I am a paying member???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have other members lost their password? I am a paying member???: Password removed??* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-other-members-lost-their-password-i-am-a/3b0c1a14-0898-4bdc-ac7b-8cdf941de55c
  3. Have other members lost their password? I am a paying member???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have other members lost their password? I am a paying member???: Password removed??* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-other-members-lost-their-password-i-am-a/3b0c1a14-0898-4bdc-ac7b-8cdf941de55c
  4. Unable to change pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change pin: I know my pin and I'm the one who created my account and never been with organization or for work. My computer is solely a personal computer but I'm getting this message when I'm about to change my pin....
  5. How to change the password of a family member?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change the password of a family member?: Hi,I've been looking everywhere and I can't find a way to change to password for a family member on https://account.microsoft.com/family/I tried to recover password and I get an email with a code on my email address, I use it and I get a form to fill with some details......
  6. How to change the password of a family member?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the password of a family member?: Hi,I've been looking everywhere and I can't find a way to change to password for a family member on https://account.microsoft.com/family/I tried to recover password and I get an email with a code on my email address, I use it and I get a form to fill with some details......
  7. How to change the password of a family member?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Change Family members account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Family members account password: I am the administrator on my laptop and I need to know how to change a family members password, the one that when you start your computer and you have accounts on the start up page...
  9. Login Password known but unable to change PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login Password known but unable to change PIN: Hi, I used to login to my laptop via Windows 10 with a fingerprint, but had to disable that to let another user use my laptop. I have a password, so can get into my laptop that way, but want to change my PIN - as I can't remember it - but it asks me for my original PIN not...
  10. Unable to set up pin and change password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to set up pin and change password: Recently, I've updated to Windows 10. Unfortunately, the update erased my pin. So, of course, I tried to reset it. But every time I click on the button nothing happens. I'm also unable to change my password. I click on the button but it simply says "Something went wrong. Try...