Windows 10: Unable to change password of my child account

Discus and support Unable to change password of my child account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi I had created my child's account in 2017 but I have never used it OR my kid has never used it either. The phone number linked to that account is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by CeeGeeYes, Oct 8, 2019.

1. CeeGeeYes Win User

Unable to change password of my child account

Hi

I had created my child's account in 2017 but I have never used it OR my kid has never used it either. The phone number linked to that account is no longer valid and when I try to provide information to reset password I always get "We recently received a request to recover your Microsoft account as*****@outlook.com. Unfortunately, our automated system has determined that the information you provided was not sufficient for us to validate your account ownership". I have no idea what else to do now because I am unable to provide answers accurately to what questions are being asked. As a parent to the child's account, isn't there a simpler way to recover using the linked parent's account? Why is it so difficult to change password of a child (who is 8 years old and does not know what email account mean)?

Please do not provide a bunch of links to read as a response but I need a quick way to reset the account so that I can setup parental control as well as screen time for my kid. And I do not want to create a new account if that is one of the suggestion.

:)

CeeGeeYes, Oct 8, 2019

2. Unable to access or reset child account password

Hi Imran,

To help resolve your concern, you may refer to the steps provided below:

• Click the account profile picture and choose View account.
    • Select change password under your email account.
    Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 8, 2019
  3. kingsc Win User
    Unable to access or reset child account password

kingsc, Oct 8, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Forgot Child's Password

Hi Jason,

It's possible that you'll be able to change the password through your own administrator account. Just to confirm, is your daughter's account a Microsoft account, or a local user account?

If it's a local account, remove or change the password from the Control Panel. Sign in using your administrator account, then follow these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click User Accounts.
    • Click Manage another account.
    • If the User Account Control window pops up, click Yes.
    • Choose the local account that you want.
    • Click Change the password.
    • Leave the password fields empty if you want to remove the password. Otherwise, enter the new password that you want to use, as wells as a hint and click
      Change password.

If it's a Microsoft family account, follow these steps to remove your child's account:

here
    • On the right side of your child's account, click Remove.
    • Click Remove again.

After removing the account, you can set up your child's account again. Make sure that you have the correct password when you sign in.

Let us know if you're able to change or remove the password of your child's account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to change password of my child account - Similar Threads - Unable change password

2. Recover child account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover child account password: Hi,I recently bought gaming computer Windows 11 for my 7-year-old. I created an outlook account for him for windows login. I noted down the password and proceeded to consent form. Things were good so far. I tried logging into my child email account first time using password...
  3. Recover child account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover child account password: Hi,I recently bought gaming computer Windows 11 for my 7-year-old. I created an outlook account for him for windows login. I noted down the password and proceeded to consent form. Things were good so far. I tried logging into my child email account first time using password...
  4. Password reset on child's account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password reset on child's account: Is there any way other than the forms to reset a child's password for outlook? I set an account up for my son to play Minecraft with but can not remember the password and the forms ask you for passwords I have used. If I knew them I wouldn't need to re-set it...
  5. Unable to change password for local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to change password for local account: The Ctrl-Alt-Delete menu has no option for changing password. The User Accounts panel from what remains of the decent Control Panel redirects me to the Settings app. The Settings app Accounts -> Sign-in options has Change disabled for Password. Microsoft cloud login is not...
  6. Change account to child

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change account to child: When I set my son up on Xboxone, I used my email and information with his gamertag. I need to set screen time, but cant because he is set as the “parent.” I tried to add another adult to my “family” on microsoft to monitor/ set screen time for him, but it didnt work...
  7. Child account password reset

Child account password reset: Hi, i created a child account a while back and dont remember the password. Neither i nor my kid has ever signed into that account. So, i cannot answer some if not most of the recovery questions asked to reset the password. questions like who sent you emails, subject line...
  8. Family Microsoft Account and Changing Child Password

Family Microsoft Account and Changing Child Password: Beyond frustrated w Microsoft right now. There is no helpful info on any threads that tell how to change a child's Microsoft account password that is under a Family account. She cannot log in to anything because we don't remember the password. Is there a way to change the...
  9. Changing password on child's account

Changing password on child's account: I have Windows 10 and we lost the password for my child. She has never sent or received an email and the phone number we originally linked to the account has been disconnected. We have no way to retrieve a password with one of the options provided. We cannot complete the...
  10. Child account password forgotten

Child account password forgotten: Hi, we set my child up with an email account so he could access some online information on his playstation. We have never used this email but it is linked to my family account. He needs to access his email to verify his playstation log in but has now forgotten his password....