Windows 10: Unable to change password

Discus and support Unable to change password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've tried going CTRL + ALT + DEL and selecting 'Change Password' but when i go to click 'change password' after typing in my old password and a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by alanpinto007, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Unable to change password

I've tried going CTRL + ALT + DEL and selecting 'Change Password' but when i go to click 'change password' after typing in my old password and a new one, it comes up with the following message:

Configuration information could not be read from the domain controller, either because the machine is unavailable, or access has been denied.Please guide.

:)

alanpinto007, Jan 25, 2020

2. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Unable to change password

Unable to change system sign-in password on Windows 10

HI Jonne,

As you are unable to change the password on your device, provide us additional information to assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you try to change the password?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue if any?
    • Are you trying to change password for Microsoft account while signing to the device?

If you are referring to changing the password for Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article and check if it helps.

How do I change my password?

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Unable to change password

1. Unable to change password - Similar Threads - Unable change password

2. Unable to change domain password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change domain password: Hi,I have an industrial PC that was initially setup by a coworker. Whenever we start the windows we get the following message:"Your password has expired and must be changed " And after that point no matter I try I receive the following error:"Configuration information could...
  3. Unable to change domain password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change domain password: Hi,I have an industrial PC that was initially setup by a coworker. Whenever we start the windows we get the following message:"Your password has expired and must be changed " And after that point no matter I try I receive the following error:"Configuration information could...
  4. Unable to change admin email or password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change admin email or password.: I recently had to delete two email accounts and change my phone number due to a security concern. When updating all my accounts with my new info, I forgot about my Windows 11 account. I'm currently logged in under a deleted email but need to change my admin email and password...
  5. Unable to find and change current password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to find and change current password: After switching to local account, I can't find the correct password for executing the switch to Microsoft account. I also forgot the current password.I forgot the current password of my laptop....
  6. Unable to Change Computer Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to Change Computer Password: I have a big problem here. I will explain...When I set up my new Windows 10 PC I set up the Password using an email address which has now since been deactivated for over two years. It is no longer recoverable according to Google...!Now, when I went in to change my Password it...
  7. Unable to change lockscreen password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to change lockscreen password: Hey, I'm hoping for help on how to change my lockscreen password on my pc. I can't seem to change any password other than my actual Microsoft account password which doesn't affect my lockscreen password. Any help is appreciated. submitted by /u/j0ckstancer [link]...
  8. Unable to change BitLocker password

Unable to change BitLocker password: Hi everyone, I am using Windows 10 Pro with an admin user connected to my Office 365 I am logging in using my email, which is not Microsoft email. BitLocker is enabled by default, but I do not see the option to change the BL password, nor do I see the option to ask for...
  9. Unable to change password on the lock screen

Unable to change password on the lock screen: As you see in the title I cannot change the password on the Lock screen. I tried three times. Shut down then switched the PC on but I see the old password....
  10. unable to change win10 pro password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    unable to change win10 pro password: I set up my local user password on my new PC but tried to change it in Settings but clicked on the Change tab nothing happened just got a quick hourglass timer icon. This is so frustrating such a simple thing made difficult by MS Please advise 65196