Windows 10: Unable to change password

Discus and support Unable to change password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've tried going CTRL + ALT + DEL and selecting 'Change Password' but when i go to click 'change password' after typing in my old password and a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by alanpinto007, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Unable to change password

I've tried going CTRL + ALT + DEL and selecting 'Change Password' but when i go to click 'change password' after typing in my old password and a new one, it comes up with the following message:

Configuration information could not be read from the domain controller, either because the machine is unavailable, or access has been denied.Please guide.

:)

alanpinto007, Jan 25, 2020

2. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Unable to change password

Unable to change system sign-in password on Windows 10

HI Jonne,

As you are unable to change the password on your device, provide us additional information to assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you try to change the password?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue if any?
    • Are you trying to change password for Microsoft account while signing to the device?

If you are referring to changing the password for Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article and check if it helps.

How do I change my password?

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Unable to change password

1. Unable to change password - Similar Threads - Unable change password

2. Unable to change BitLocker password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to change BitLocker password: Hi everyone, I am using Windows 10 Pro with an admin user connected to my Office 365 I am logging in using my email, which is not Microsoft email. BitLocker is enabled by default, but I do not see the option to change the BL password, nor do I see the option to ask for...
  3. Unable to change Windows login password.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change Windows login password.: I am unable to change my current password for administrator account on Windows 10 home ver. 1. I click the start menu button, 2. I click the settings icon button, 3. In the Windows settings window I click the accounts not actually an icon, 4. I cannot find where...
  4. Unable to change password of my child account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to change password of my child account: Hi I had created my child's account in 2017 but I have never used it OR my kid has never used it either. The phone number linked to that account is no longer valid and when I try to provide information to reset password I always get "We recently received a request to...
  5. Unable to login or change password Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login or change password Windows 10: Hi, After a recent system update, my PC no longer accepts my password at login. When I try using the forgot my password button I get the error message "Windows couldn't connect to the ProfSvc service. Contact your system administrator." I am the system admin. When I tried...
  6. Unable to set up pin and change password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to set up pin and change password: Recently, I've updated to Windows 10. Unfortunately, the update erased my pin. So, of course, I tried to reset it. But every time I click on the button nothing happens. I'm also unable to change my password. I click on the button but it simply says "Something went wrong. Try...
  7. Password change

Password change: how do i change my computer login password on my surface pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-change/a0efcf6f-c73c-4c3e-b2c4-7a4f39223932"
  8. password changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    password changing: i accidentally put a password while creating a microsoft account and i cant seem to remove it due to not accepting a blank space for an answer .i should note that this is windows 10...
  9. Unable to change password on the lock screen

Unable to change password on the lock screen: As you see in the title I cannot change the password on the Lock screen. I tried three times. Shut down then switched the PC on but I see the old password....
  10. unable to change win10 pro password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    unable to change win10 pro password: I set up my local user password on my new PC but tried to change it in Settings but clicked on the Change tab nothing happened just got a quick hourglass timer icon. This is so frustrating such a simple thing made difficult by MS Please advise 65196