Windows 10: Unable to Change Permissions Locked out of Admin Permissions

Discus and support Unable to Change Permissions Locked out of Admin Permissions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, So my problem is on the windows C: properties I'm locked out of editing permissions. The permissions I have ticked our Read & execute List... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mol1023, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Mol1023 Win User

Unable to Change Permissions Locked out of Admin Permissions

Hi, So my problem is on the windows C: properties I'm locked out of editing permissions.

The permissions I have ticked our

Read & execute

List Folder contents

Read

All other permissions are un ticked.

All the solutions I've seen have said just click Edit to change permissions.

Which it doesn't allow for me to do, taking a long time to load, and with the following error message "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied.

I've tried looking up solutions to this problem even tried resetting my computer, which It wouldn't allow. "sorry unable to reset your computer no changes where made"

Does Anyone have a solution to this problem?

:)

Mol1023, Feb 9, 2020

2. vistas sharing permissions... help needed

both machines are logged as admin. still no go.

i've changed permissions and everything.

Fitseries3, Feb 9, 2020
  3. vistas sharing permissions... help needed

so 2 vista machines running with admin permissions are unable to share files between them in any folder other than public. are the two machines in the same domain and can you atleast see the other machine in your network neighborhood?

Easy Rhino, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Unable to Change Permissions Locked out of Admin Permissions

No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Unable to Change Permissions Locked out of Admin Permissions

1. Unable to Change Permissions Locked out of Admin Permissions - Similar Threads - Unable Change Permissions

2. Permissions Change Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permissions Change Greyed Out: I have attached an image below. I can't change owner because it is greyed out which it shouldn't https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permissions-change-greyed-out/10c585ce-3c3b-471f-b2f8-3b7e1ee07aff
  3. Unable to update permissions as Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update permissions as Admin: I've recently picked up a refurbished PC that appeared to be a fresh install but have found some oddities with permissions despite being an administrator.Any new folders are automatically read-only and while it appears to allow me to disable it in properties it changes back...
  4. Unable to update permissions as Admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to update permissions as Admin: I've recently picked up a refurbished PC that appeared to be a fresh install but have found some oddities with permissions despite being an administrator.Any new folders are automatically read-only and while it appears to allow me to disable it in properties it changes back...
  5. Unable to update permissions as Admin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Admin permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin permissions: So, in the printers permission dialog box I somehow checked that no one has permission to control a printer. I cannot remove printer to start over again and reset permissions. Is there any work around as an admin to personal computer to correct this. I removed all instance...
  7. Admin Permissions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Admin Permissions: I am the sole user of my laptop. I am the administrator, as well. I'm trying to move some music files from 1 USB flash drive to another. I keep getting a message stating I will need to provide administrative permissions to copy this file. When I continue I'm then required...
  8. Admin Permission

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Admin Permission: I started off today trying to make a system image using a DVD+R disc without success. A pop up told me to name a disc and insert it even though there was one in there spinning like mad. After that, I tried to format it as I was told to try that after a Google search but...
  9. Unable to change permissions.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change permissions.: I'd like to preface this by ensuring i have checked all of the relevant links on the forums regarding this. Recently, i have not been able to change the read only attribute on folders on my PC even though i am logged in as an admin. I have tried to grant my individual user...
  10. No admin permissions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No admin permissions: I have a problem regarding permissions on my Asus laptop, running windows 10 home. If for example wanting to run cmd as administrator I am prevented from doing so by this message : 'Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device' To continue:'' enter an admin...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change windows permissions with admin

2. administrator unable to change permissions

3. how to edit locked permissions on windows 10