Windows 10: Unable to change permissions or in any way modify some OneDrive folders - can't take...

Discus and support Unable to change permissions or in any way modify some OneDrive folders - can't take... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been looking online for a long time now with no sign of a solution. Everything suggests that all I need to do is go into the advanced security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by arepp, Nov 6, 2018.

1. arepp Win User

Unable to change permissions or in any way modify some OneDrive folders - can't take...

I've been looking online for a long time now with no sign of a solution.

Everything suggests that all I need to do is go into the advanced security tab, change the owner to myself and tick "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" and "Replace all child object permission entries..." But that doesn't work.

I still get the same error; "An error occurred while applying security information to: ... failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied."

Because of this, I can't delete or in any way touch some subfolders in a GameMaker Studio 2 project. Neither can the compiler, neither can a del command running as administrator, neither can the Asset Compiler in GameMaker Studio: 2, neither can OneDrive File Sync; (OneDrive crashes whenever it gets to a problematic folder.)

This seems to have something to do with the combination of Photoshop, GameMaker Studio 2's asset compiler and OneDrive's new Offline Files all having locks on some files at once.

:)

arepp, Nov 6, 2018

2. How to edit permission of folders in vista

In vista if some software try to copy files or folders to original directory then installation fails or programms cant run due to permission.
    i want to edit permissions of folder ..but cant select any option..
    rightclick on any folder- properties-security-edit-select writre..but i'm unable to edit it.

that's y i'm unable to run some application
    even i'm not able to run emule.

plz solve my problem.

freebird_9924, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    OneDrive folder permissions - Fix

Found the problem. Unable to change permissions or in any way modify some OneDrive folders - can't take... :)

While you are still listed as the owner of each subfolder in the OneDrive folder, some subfolders no longer have inherited permissions enabled.

If you Enable inheritance and OK for each affected subfolder in the OneDrive folder, it will no longer have any access issues or UAC prompts afterwards.

Unable to change permissions or in any way modify some OneDrive folders - can't take... [​IMG]

Brink, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Unable to change permissions or in any way modify some OneDrive folders - can't take...

Folder Permissions not working on some folders

As found in this ServerFault answer, try with the following steps to change ownership and permission on many files and folders in one batch from command line:

• Open a Command Prompt "As Administrator"
    • Run the following commands:

takeown /f YourDrive:\YourFolder /r /d y

icacls YourDrive:\YourFolder /grant administrators:F /T

HTH

PiscopoGiuseppe, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Unable to change permissions or in any way modify some OneDrive folders - can't take...

1. Unable to change permissions or in any way modify some OneDrive folders - can't take... - Similar Threads - Unable change permissions

2. Any way for stop OneDrive from taking over everything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way for stop OneDrive from taking over everything?: I do not want to delete onedrive, but I had to reinstall windows and now when I install, for example, steam, I get OneDrive taking over the Documents folder, so I try to install games and they start being uploaded to onedrive, I want that to stopPrevious the reinstallation,...
  3. Any way for stop OneDrive from taking over everything?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any way for stop OneDrive from taking over everything?: I do not want to delete onedrive, but I had to reinstall windows and now when I install, for example, steam, I get OneDrive taking over the Documents folder, so I try to install games and they start being uploaded to onedrive, I want that to stopPrevious the reinstallation,...
  4. Any way to recover a permanently lost folder in OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Any way to recover a permanently lost folder in OneDrive?: I mistakenly deleted a folder from my OneDrive. By the time I noticed the folder was missing 30 days had passed so it was also gone from my OneDrive recycle bin. Is there any possibility of recovering the folder, or is it just lost forever? I appreciate any advice you can...
  5. Can't access any folders after modify registry permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't access any folders after modify registry permission: Hi, I am in a big trouble and need help. FIrst, i got a problem that i can't open my win10 microsoft edge explorer. I searched online and found some solutions say that this might be due to conflict of user permission to the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and by changing the...
  6. Is there any secret way to change/remove the permission from any file?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there any secret way to change/remove the permission from any file?: Hello Everyone, I was using windows 7 and then for some reason, I had to Install Windows 10! From there the problem beginning to occur! I did everything right, I used windows 10 before and I am installing windows since 2009. so there is no problem in my windows installing!...
  7. Any way to force delete a folder, regardless of permissions?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to force delete a folder, regardless of permissions?: Hello, As often happens, I have an undeletable folder on my Windows 10 PC. I am logged in as me, the only user, an administrator, but, infuriatingly, when I recently updated Windows 10, Microsoft left a trail of junk lying around, including a folder called WindowsApps. I've...
  8. Can't seem to change permissions on folders

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't seem to change permissions on folders: I keep getting a "Permission denied" error when trying to save stuff in the "My Documents" folder. The folder seems to be set to "read only", which is pointless for that folder - not even sure why it's been set to that. Any suggestions? I have tried to untick and "apply",...
  9. Unable to take any action to a folder nor folders inside

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to take any action to a folder nor folders inside: Hello dear people of the Internet, I've stumbled accross something I cannot solve at all. there is 1 folder which cant be changed/deleted nor anything inside or any other action. here are the errors [img] After Pressing Continue [img] Even tho Im the admin and the...
  10. Change Permissions of OneDrive Shared Files and Folders

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Permissions of OneDrive Shared Files and Folders: How to: Change Permissions of OneDrive Shared Files and Folders How to Change Permission Level of Shared OneDrive Files and Folders You can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your Windows 10 PC, Windows 10 tablet, or Windows 10...