Windows 10: Unable to change pin after account got "deleted" says "something went wrong we were not...

Discus and support Unable to change pin after account got "deleted" says "something went wrong we were not... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Windows 10One day, when I tried to sign into my Microsoft account, it said "Microsoft Account does not exist". So, I made a new account with the same... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LuC123676, May 3, 2021.

1. LuC123676 Win User

Unable to change pin after account got "deleted" says "something went wrong we were not...

Windows 10One day, when I tried to sign into my Microsoft account, it said "Microsoft Account does not exist". So, I made a new account with the same email address. This email is also the same one I used for my administrator account. When I clicked "forgot pin" to reset the pin of the account I completed all of the steps, it said something went wrong we were not able to set up your pin.I tried to delete Ngc folder, however, I need admin rights in order to delete the folder.

:)

LuC123676, May 3, 2021
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, May 3, 2021
  3. Unable to change anything in my accounts settings on windows 10

Thank you for responding but the issue is still persisting. Details of the steps are-

1. Under "Your email and Accounts section" when I try to switch to a local account I get the error 0x80004005 and also in the same section I am unable to add a Microsoft account.

2. under sign in options

• when I try to reset my password it says "Something went wrong. try again or select cancel to set up your device later".
    • when I try to create a pin it says "Something went wrong. Try again later."

3. On trying to sign in store it says "We encountered an error. Please try signing in again later."

4. On running the command "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth"

it said "No component store corruption detected. The operation completed successfully."

GauravKr_iitg, May 3, 2021
  4. Vesao Win User

Unable to change pin after account got "deleted" says "something went wrong we were not...

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Unable to change pin after account got "deleted" says "something went wrong we were not... - Similar Threads - Unable change pin

2. Something went wrong. Pin setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong. Pin setup: I have had my laptop for 2 weeks when suddenly i can nolonger access windows. When I turn on my laptop, it shows the only account I have setup. When I click "sign in" it opens a Microsoft account window asking to sign in to my account. I enter my email and click "next". I...
  3. keeps saying something went wrong?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keeps saying something went wrong?: I recently got my monitor back and i forgot my pin number, i try to put i forgot password and i do everything as i’m told. the last step where it tells me if i’m sure and everything i press continue and it keeps saying something went wrong? i don’t what’s the problem but my...
  4. keeps saying something went wrong?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keeps saying something went wrong?: I recently got my monitor back and i forgot my pin number, i try to put i forgot password and i do everything as i’m told. the last step where it tells me if i’m sure and everything i press continue and it keeps saying something went wrong? i don’t what’s the problem but my...
  5. Something went wrong with my PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong with my PIN: I have a problem with my computer, I can't get into it The code is not accepted when I put it they tell me something went wrong and your PIN isn't available status: 0x80090011, substatus: 0x0. And I try to format it and I can't, and I try to delete updates as well, I can't...
  6. Something went wrong with my PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something went wrong with my PIN: I have a problem with my computer, I can't get into it The code is not accepted when I put it they tell me something went wrong and your PIN isn't available status: 0x80090011, substatus: 0x0. And I try to format it and I can't, and I try to delete updates as well, I can't...
  7. Something went wrong with my PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. "Something went wrong" while trying to change PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "Something went wrong" while trying to change PIN: Hi,I forgot my laptop PIN, so I clicked forgot PIN. I entered my Microsoft account and received the code via the email which I used to register my Microsoft account. When I entered the code I received, and completed all the steps, it went into a loading screen fora few...
  9. Microsoft account says something went wrong

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft account says something went wrong: I just updated my laptop to windows 10, 1909 and when I try to sign in using my Microsoft account it says something went wrong and I can't even access Microsoft store...
  10. “Something Went Wrong” PIN Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Something Went Wrong” PIN Error: Hi, all. Really hoping I can find help for this issue. I just went to log onto my laptop and it said “something happened and your PIN isn’t available”. I cannot remember my password and have tried every possible combination based on the password hint I set up. I’ve never had...