Windows 10: Unable to Change PIN Number in Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to Change PIN Number in Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I wanted to change my current PIN. However, I couldn't find the option to. [ATTACH] This is what I see. As you can see, there are no PIN... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by samuelong135, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Unable to Change PIN Number in Windows 10

Hi,

I wanted to change my current PIN. However, I couldn't find the option to.

Unable to Change PIN Number in Windows 10 42a34283-e38f-4c94-a135-b9cbef06e619?upload=true.png

This is what I see. As you can see, there are no PIN option and windows hello PIN is not available.

Unable to Change PIN Number in Windows 10 6888a730-1c65-43a7-b706-3162031c7eff?upload=true.png

I know my PIN but I want to change it. My laptop is a Huawei D15. Thanks in advance

[Original Title: PIN Issue]

:)

samuelong135, Mar 21, 2020

2. How to change PIN (Personal Identification Number)?

Hi Roger,

To change your PIN in Windows 10, you may follow the steps below:

• Open Settings (keyboard shortcut: Windows + I) >
      Accounts > Sign-in options.
    • Click the Change button under PIN.
    • Enter your current PIN; then, enter and confirm the new PIN underneath.
    • Tap I forgot my PIN.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password; then, set up the
      new Pin

We appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Unable to Change PIN Number in Windows 10

Pin number

Hi Grace,

There is a possibility that the PIN file is corrupted or certain changes like recent upgrade/updates have affected the PIN's functionality. In order for us to provide the appropriate solution to your concern, we would like to ask for more details. Please
    answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Have you made any recent changes to the sign-in options or installed updates prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting an error message after attempting to create a new PIN number?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Unable to Change PIN Number in Windows 10

1. Unable to Change PIN Number in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable Change PIN

2. Unable to enter computer pin number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enter computer pin number: I set-up my new computer yesterday and was in the process of adding links today. The new computer closes and logs me out if left unused for more than a couple minutes but was no problem when I opened it and entered my pin number.Today, I am unable to enter my pin number. When...
  3. Unable to enter computer pin number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to enter computer pin number: I set-up my new computer yesterday and was in the process of adding links today. The new computer closes and logs me out if left unused for more than a couple minutes but was no problem when I opened it and entered my pin number.Today, I am unable to enter my pin number. When...
  4. Unable to reset or change my pin number on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reset or change my pin number on Windows 11: I have tried a variety of different things and I still am unable to make any alterations to my pin, whenever I try it tells me, "this option is currently unavailable". And the reason for me changing this pin in the first place is that my old pin constantly expires when I log...
  5. Unable to reset or change my pin number on Windows 11

Unable to reset or change my pin number on Windows 11: I have tried a variety of different things and I still am unable to make any alterations to my pin, whenever I try it tells me, "this option is currently unavailable". And the reason for me changing this pin in the first place is that my old pin constantly expires when I log...
  6. Unable to change pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change pin: I know my pin and I'm the one who created my account and never been with organization or for work. My computer is solely a personal computer but I'm getting this message when I'm about to change my pin....
  7. Unable to change windows pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to change windows pin: Hello, I have problem with changing my windows pin that i log in with on my computer. Everything started from when i started my pc then i put my pin in and it said that my organisation requires me to change my pin and that it must be at least 6 digits long which is the...
  8. Unable to change windows pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change windows pin: Hello, I have problem with changing my windows pin that i log in with on my computer. Everything started from when i started my pc then i put my pin in and it said that my organisation requires me to change my pin and that it must be at least 6 digits long which is the...
  9. Unable to change windows pin

10. Changing Childs pin number

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing Childs pin number: I set up a log in pin for my child on his account. It worked for a day , now it says its the wrong pin and enter the password I do this and it opens a brand new windows page rather the his account and page I set up for him . what should I do to get into his account....