Windows 10: Unable to change primary alias email account

Discus and support Unable to change primary alias email account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I have been trying to change my primary alias on my Microsoft account. I have 2 emails that are both verified. I am trying to make my second email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MashuuK, Mar 17, 2021.

1. MashuuK Win User

Unable to change primary alias email account

So I have been trying to change my primary alias on my Microsoft account. I have 2 emails that are both verified. I am trying to make my second email the primary. But when I click to make it primary it just says it is unable to.

I cant remove the first email the primary one either. I have seen others have the same problem, but there is NEVER a solution. I am sure there will be a copy paste response from Microsoft on this too.

:)

MashuuK, Mar 17, 2021

2. Unable to change primary alias - Microsoft Account

Hi John,

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with you are unable to change the primary alias for your Microsoft account on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

I would like to provide you with the information that
    an account alias is an email address or phone number that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. You can have multiple aliases, and use any of them with Microsoft services such as Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive,
    Office, Xbox, Windows and more.

Your primary alias appears on devices such as your Xbox, Surface, and Windows Phone, and is the email OneDrive sends from when you share. You can choose a different alias to be the primary one at any time.

An alias is also the best way to change your email, but keep all your mail.
    Add an alias, then make the new alias primary. Then you can
    keep or remove the original alias.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

Note: The email alias at the top of the list without a Make primary link is your current primary alias.

• Uncheck the Send me promotional offers from Microsoft box if you like, and click/tap on Yes to confirm.
    You may also try the following steps given below and check if that helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Account>Your Account.
    • In the right pane, click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Provide your current Microsoft Account Password.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • You can leave the Enter Password option empty, however, it is highly recommended to keep a password on your system to keep it safe.

For reference:

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Microsoft account help

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/microsoft-account

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Mar 17, 2021
  3. Unable to change primary alias - Microsoft Account

I have an old email address ...@bigpond.com as my primary alias. I no longer use this address and will shortly be cancelling that account. That email address, being my primary alias, appears on all of the Office 365 applications on my devices (2 laptops
    and 1 android phone)

I have entered a new alias, my gmail.com email address and that has been accepted at my Microsoft Account and appears as a secondary alias . However whenever I attempt to change my primary alias to the new gmail address I receive an error message that "Unable
    to make this alias primary at this time. Try again later". This has been occurring for a couple of weeks.

When I attempt to remove my current bigpond account as my primary alias I receive an error message that I'm unable to do this until I make another alias the Primary alias

And so it goes in a never ending circle. I am unable to make my secondary gmail alias the primary alias and when I try to remove the bigpond primary alias I am unable to do so until I create a new primary alias!

Frustrating and I can't find any help online

I am not part of an organisation. I am the Administrator for my account and am logged in as such

Where can I turn for help?

John

John Gunner, Mar 17, 2021
  4. Unable to change primary alias email account

unable to make my email alias a primary - no primary link appears to the right of the alias

There is no primary link next to my email alias to allow me to make it a primary as noted in the instructions. Any ideas? I am using Windows 10 Pro (not available to click in the drop down)

• Under Account aliases, click/tap on the Make primary link to the right of an added email alias you want
      to be your primary alias.
    Note: The email alias at the top of the list without a Make primary link is your current primary alias.

Cynthia413, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

Unable to change primary alias email account

1. Unable to change primary alias email account - Similar Threads - Unable change primary

2. Change my hacked accounts primary alias email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change my hacked accounts primary alias email: Hello, My account was recently hacked and the primary account alias is not my email. I would like it if someone could help me change it, because right now I am getting an error saying that I have to wait another week before I can change it because it has been changed too many...
  3. Change my hacked accounts primary alias email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change my hacked accounts primary alias email: Hello, My account was recently hacked and the primary account alias is not my email. I would like it if someone could help me change it, because right now I am getting an error saying that I have to wait another week before I can change it because it has been changed too many...
  4. Unable to update account Primary Alias

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update account Primary Alias: I am trying to remove a primary alias and replace with a new e-mail address. I have been locked out of the original e-mail and no longer have access to it.The first attempt failed and an error message said that the e-mail address was not valid no idea why as this e-mail works...
  5. Unable to update account Primary Alias

Unable to update account Primary Alias: I am trying to remove a primary alias and replace with a new e-mail address. I have been locked out of the original e-mail and no longer have access to it.The first attempt failed and an error message said that the e-mail address was not valid no idea why as this e-mail works...
  6. Unable to update account Primary Alias

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Can't change account primary alias.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change account primary alias.: I have a Microsoft 365 account and am trying to change my primary alias.I have been able to add the correct e-mail address to the account; however, when I try to make that address my primary alias, I get the message "that address is already part of your security information."...
  8. Can't change account primary alias.

Can't change account primary alias.: I have a Microsoft 365 account and am trying to change my primary alias.I have been able to add the correct e-mail address to the account; however, when I try to make that address my primary alias, I get the message "that address is already part of your security information."...
  9. Can't change account primary alias.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Change Primary Alias for Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Primary Alias for Microsoft Account: How to: Change Primary Alias for Microsoft Account How to Change the Primary Alias for your Microsoft Account [img] Information An account alias is an email address or phone number that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. You can have multiple aliases, and...