Windows 10: Unable to change primary IMAP account to "as items arrive"

Discus and support Unable to change primary IMAP account to "as items arrive" in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In Windows 10 Mail app, my Outlook account is set to sync "as items arrive". My Gmail account is set to "based on my usage", but it shows that it is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by glm, Aug 23, 2015.

1. GLM
    glm Win User

Unable to change primary IMAP account to "as items arrive"

In Windows 10 Mail app, my Outlook account is set to sync "as items arrive". My Gmail account is set to "based on my usage", but it shows that it is currently using "as items arrive". I want to set my IMAP account to "as items arrive", but that option is not available. It is my understanding that only two accounts can use "as items arrive". How do I make the IMAP account sync "as items arrive"? Also, the IMAP account does not show up in the Calendar app, but the other two accounts are there.

:)

2. man2th Win User

Windows 10 Mail app sync settings "as items arrive"

Thanks for your help. I read the response from Praseetha K Nair and I tried to follow the instructions. I have Outlook set to "As Items Arrive". When I tried to change Gmail to "Based On My Usage", it showed that it currently was "As Items Arrive" and "As
    Items Arrive" was not available for IMAP account in this instance. So I changed Gmail to "hourly" but was still unable to set my IMAP account to "As Items Arrive". I tried deleting the Gmail account. Still no IMAP option for "As Items Arrive". I added my Gmail
    account again and I set it to "Based On My Usage". No change, "As Items Arrive" was still unavailable for IMAP. What am I doing wrong? Thanks again for your time.

man2th, Aug 23, 2015
  3. man2th Win User
    Windows 10 Mail app sync settings "as items arrive"

I have 3 email accounts, Live.com, Gmail, and IMAP. The sync setting for the Live account is as items arrive. The setting for the Gmail account is set to based on usage, but it currently shows as items arrive. The IMAP account, which is my primary account,
    is set to based on usage. This is one of the accounts that I want to set to as items arrive, but that option is not available. How can I change this?

man2th, Aug 23, 2015
Thema:

Unable to change primary IMAP account to "as items arrive"

1. Unable to change primary IMAP account to "as items arrive" - Similar Threads - Unable change primary

2. Change primary account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change primary account: I want to backup my files and programs since I'll be buying a new PC soon. I cannot access the yahoo account that's connected to my current PC's primary account and I want to change it to what I want to use now. However, it's not letting me do that. Help?...
  3. Change primary account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change primary account: I want to backup my files and programs since I'll be buying a new PC soon. I cannot access the yahoo account that's connected to my current PC's primary account and I want to change it to what I want to use now. However, it's not letting me do that. Help?...
  4. Change primary account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unable to finish change of primary login email to MS account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to finish change of primary login email to MS account: I have personal MS account without Office 365 and other pair services. Only for Windows logins. I had old email "A" and now i have new email "B".So i changed email address:add new contact email "B"set "B" as primary aliasdeleted "A"So i now see only primary alias address "B"...
  6. Unable to finish change of primary login email to MS account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to finish change of primary login email to MS account: I have personal MS account without Office 365 and other pair services. Only for Windows logins. I had old email "A" and now i have new email "B".So i changed email address:add new contact email "B"set "B" as primary aliasdeleted "A"So i now see only primary alias address "B"...
  7. Changing primary accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing primary accounts: Hi,my father gave me the laptop I'm currently using as a gift several years ago, I never got around to swapping main accounts as i could just log in as my email, steam, and so on as myself with no issue. However recently I've been trying to add apps to my device via the...
  8. Unable to change primary alias email account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change primary alias email account: So I have been trying to change my primary alias on my Microsoft account. I have 2 emails that are both verified. I am trying to make my second email the primary. But when I click to make it primary it just says it is unable to. I cant remove the first email the primary one...
  9. Change Outlook primary account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Change Outlook primary account: I would like to change the primary account on my Outlook 365. I have multiple accounts for school, personal and work. The problem is that my school account receives dozens of calendar invites which is good, but when I accept them, by default they get added to my personal...
  10. Changing the primary windows account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing the primary windows account: Hello, I would like to use a different Microsoft account to use on my computer while the new account has the same data as the old one. submitted by /u/xXharryeizardXx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhl7fa/changing_the_primary_windows_account/