Windows 10: Unable to change primary IMAP account to "as items arrive"

Discus and support Unable to change primary IMAP account to "as items arrive" in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In Windows 10 Mail app, my Outlook account is set to sync "as items arrive". My Gmail account is set to "based on my usage", but it shows that it is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by glm, Aug 23, 2015.

1. GLM
    glm Win User

Unable to change primary IMAP account to "as items arrive"

In Windows 10 Mail app, my Outlook account is set to sync "as items arrive". My Gmail account is set to "based on my usage", but it shows that it is currently using "as items arrive". I want to set my IMAP account to "as items arrive", but that option is not available. It is my understanding that only two accounts can use "as items arrive". How do I make the IMAP account sync "as items arrive"? Also, the IMAP account does not show up in the Calendar app, but the other two accounts are there.

:)

2. man2th Win User

Windows 10 Mail app sync settings "as items arrive"

Thanks for your help. I read the response from Praseetha K Nair and I tried to follow the instructions. I have Outlook set to "As Items Arrive". When I tried to change Gmail to "Based On My Usage", it showed that it currently was "As Items Arrive" and "As
    Items Arrive" was not available for IMAP account in this instance. So I changed Gmail to "hourly" but was still unable to set my IMAP account to "As Items Arrive". I tried deleting the Gmail account. Still no IMAP option for "As Items Arrive". I added my Gmail
    account again and I set it to "Based On My Usage". No change, "As Items Arrive" was still unavailable for IMAP. What am I doing wrong? Thanks again for your time.

man2th, Aug 23, 2015
  3. man2th Win User
    Windows 10 Mail app sync settings "as items arrive"

I have 3 email accounts, Live.com, Gmail, and IMAP. The sync setting for the Live account is as items arrive. The setting for the Gmail account is set to based on usage, but it currently shows as items arrive. The IMAP account, which is my primary account,
    is set to based on usage. This is one of the accounts that I want to set to as items arrive, but that option is not available. How can I change this?

man2th, Aug 23, 2015
Thema:

Unable to change primary IMAP account to "as items arrive"

1. Unable to change primary IMAP account to "as items arrive" - Similar Threads - Unable change primary

2. change primary email adress in Account profile

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    change primary email adress in Account profile: I changed isp provider a few days ago and my old email address is no longer valid. I simply need to change the email address associated with my Microsoft acccount but under manage my account there doesn't seem to be any means to allow that. Can you help?...
  3. Changing the primary user/account on my windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing the primary user/account on my windows 10 laptop: I have been trying to switch my Microsoft account on my laptop, to connect it with the one i actually use. I also cannot access the account that is logged in because i don't have the same email address anymore, or phone numbers. please help!...
  4. Primary Mail Account Selection

Primary Mail Account Selection: If you have multiple mail accounts, is there a way to switch which one is default or primary (the one displayed first when opening mail)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/primary-mail-account-selection/bd35dfc7-25fa-4052-a0bb-72d1c1470de6
  5. Primary User Account - Name

Primary User Account - Name: I have just bought a new PC with Windows 10. The primary user account is called 'Adrian' which appears on the welcome login screen. However in the C drive under 'Users' the folder with My Documents is called 'mail'. How can I change that?...
  6. Changing primary alias

Changing primary alias: People on this forum have been complaining that they can't change their primary alias since at least as far back as May 8, 2015--over 2000 people on this forum. God know how many have called in for help like I have. One Microsoft customer server told me it was a known problem...
  7. Changing my Primary Microsoft account e-mail

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing my Primary Microsoft account e-mail: Hello everyone, I have had a Hotmail account for around 8 years now and it is the hub of all my Microsoft apps (Office, Facebook, Xbox, Windows Phone ..etc) but it has come to an unmanageable point. The e-mail address I have being using for this Hotmail account is linked to...
  8. Completely change primary Microsoft account

Completely change primary Microsoft account: Hi just bought new laptop, and upon installation registered the wrong Microsoft account. It then proceeded to upgrade to Windows 10. Please could anybody tell me how do I remove that initial Microsoft account and replace with different one? Thanks 22210
  9. Changing Primary MS A/C

Changing Primary MS A/C: I have a Microsoft Outlook.com account that arose out of a confusing Answer Desk chat - I ended up creating the account to solve an apparent problem. The result is that this account (call it AccGash), which is additional to the Outlook account that I already had (call it...
  10. Change Primary GPU in SLI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Change Primary GPU in SLI: I recently installed a second GTX 980 into my system for SLI. I knew that the card closest to the CPU would default as primary and it would run hotter, but I became concerned when it was unable to boost higher than its base clock speed of 1126MHz due to thermals (the card...