Windows 10: Unable to change product key from home to pro

Discus and support Unable to change product key from home to pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have purchased a license for Windows 10 pro. But currently my PC is running Windows 10 Home. I go to the Settings trying to change a product key but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mddbld, Apr 6, 2020.

1. mddbld Win User

Unable to change product key from home to pro

I have purchased a license for Windows 10 pro. But currently my PC is running Windows 10 Home. I go to the Settings trying to change a product key but the box is filled with the old product key and the system doesn’t allow me to change it.

:)

mddbld, Apr 6, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Why was I not asked for a product key when upgrading to Win 10?

According to your spec you have Win 10 Pro, but perhaps that doesn't reflect your PC.

You haven't stated which edition of Win 10 you have on this machine, nor what your Win 10 key is for.

For example, if you already have Win 10 Pro and your key is Win 10 Home, that would be a retrograde step.

For interest only:
    Change Product Key in Windows 10

More on product key if you search this list or look at 'Related Tutorials' in the above.
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index

dalchina, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Comp Cmndo, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Unable to change product key from home to pro

Unable to use the option Change Product Key

II have a product key for windows pro. When I go into Settings to change product key from Home to PRO, It asks for Product Key which is filled in with X's and 0's. When I try to enter my product key it will not let me enter my key. As soon as I try
    to enter the first Digit, it does not accept it and immediately goes to message saying I entered a wrong product key. How do I correct this problem. I installed the Pro edition but it will not activate it because it says I do not have a product key. Can
    anyone help me??

***Modified title from: Change Product Key***

RuthKnappenberger1, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Unable to change product key from home to pro

1. Unable to change product key from home to pro - Similar Threads - Unable change product

2. Error when changing product key from Win11 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when changing product key from Win11 Home to Pro: Hi, thanks for reading.I'm wanting to upgrade from my Windows 11 Home Single Language to Windows Pro English on my new laptop but everytime I enter the Win11 Pro Keys I bought on g2a.com it gives an error code of 0xc004f050. I;ve contacted the seller but he only gave a very...
  3. Error when changing product key from Win11 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when changing product key from Win11 Home to Pro: Hi, thanks for reading.I'm wanting to upgrade from my Windows 11 Home Single Language to Windows Pro English on my new laptop but everytime I enter the Win11 Pro Keys I bought on g2a.com it gives an error code of 0xc004f050. I;ve contacted the seller but he only gave a very...
  4. Unable to enter/change product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to enter/change product key: Hello, I am trying to enter my product key to activate windows on my newly built PC. When I try to click the link/page to enter/change my product key, I receive an error and the link does not work. It causes my PC to crash and the settings menu freezes. I purchased a product...
  5. Unable to enter/change product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enter/change product key: Hello, I am trying to enter my product key to activate windows on my newly built PC. When I try to click the link/page to enter/change my product key, I receive an error and the link does not work. It causes my PC to crash and the settings menu freezes. I purchased a product...
  6. Unable to enter/change product key

7. Unable to change Windows Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change Windows Product Key: My University supplied students with Windows 10/11 Education while we were enrolled. I am no longer enrolled and was told that I will lose access to my accounts. Because of this I recently purchased a Windows 11 License for myself from the Microsoft website, but anytime I...
  8. Unable to change Windows Product Key

Unable to change Windows Product Key: My University supplied students with Windows 10/11 Education while we were enrolled. I am no longer enrolled and was told that I will lose access to my accounts. Because of this I recently purchased a Windows 11 License for myself from the Microsoft website, but anytime I...
  9. unable to change product key

unable to change product key: I am trying to enter a legit win 10 product key that i recently purchased to a PC that has a non-legit license activated probably with a loader. I go through Settings-> System-> Change product key and complete all the steps without errors. But when I type slmgr/dli to...
  10. Unable to Activate Windows 10 Home /Pro Product Key

Unable to Activate Windows 10 Home /Pro Product Key: My brother gave me a computer that has an non-activated version of Windows 10 Pro on it. I have a new Windows 10 Pro product key which I have entered in the 'change product key' settings. I receive error 0x803F7001 and am told to buy a new copy of Windows from the...