Windows 10: Unable to change projection options.

Discus and support Unable to change projection options. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Usually, I leave my computer plugged into a monitor on my desk. However, I need to connect my computer to my TV. To do this, I turned my computer off,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RobbyMS, Nov 21, 2018.

1. RobbyMS Win User

Unable to change projection options.

Usually, I leave my computer plugged into a monitor on my desk. However, I need to connect my computer to my TV. To do this, I turned my computer off, disconnected the VGA cable from my monitor and computer, and moved my computer over to my TV. Then, I plugged in an HDMI cable from my computer to my TV and turned the computer on. The BIOS screen displayed fine, but the windows login screen only displays for about a half of a second before immediately going to black. Since both the BIOS screen and the windows login screen both display fine, I believe that windows thinks the TV is my "Second Screen" even though there is no "First Screen" plugged in. I need a way to set the HDMI port as my "First Screen" for some reason, Windows + P followed by arrow down and return which should duplicate the display is not working. As soon as the screen fades black it appears no key presses I enter have any effect.

:)

RobbyMS, Nov 21, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    How to change options on Project Spartan?

Hey Maggy,

In Spartan, if you click on an external link, it will open in a new tab and switch to it immediately, (if you have it set that way in Internet Options, I believe),
    if you wheel click any link, it will open in a new tab but not switch to it immediately.

Change Home Page:

Unable to change projection options. [​IMG]

Delete favorites:

Unable to change projection options. [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Unable to change projection options.

How to change options on Project Spartan?

Just started looking at Spartan today and I'm struggling to work out how to do a few things, that I think were on the 'Internet Options' tab in IE.

Can anyone tell me how to:

Change how tabs work so when I open something in a new tab I automatically switch to that tab
    Change my Home Page (I can't find an icon for this now, just something where you have to type in the address. Is this the new way?)
    Delete something from my favorites (right click doesn't offer any options)

Maybe there is a quick guide to Project Spartan that I (also) haven't found yet?

Thanks for any suggestions.

SaggyMaggyPoo, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

Unable to change projection options.

1. Unable to change projection options. - Similar Threads - Unable change projection

2. Unable to activate Project 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to activate Project 2016: I'm having to use the Microsoft Deployment Tool to install Project standard 2016. Used the tool to download and install, all good. Launch the software, says it's not activated. Go to change the key, input the key and get the following error:"This product key is for the...
  3. Unable to make changes to sign in option.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to make changes to sign in option.: Recently after typed my password, a message popped saying that this organization requires me to change my password. Basically I have to change my password without wanting to and I cannot even use my own password. So I put in a new one and I then I want to change it back to...
  4. Unable to make changes to sign in option.

Unable to make changes to sign in option.: Recently after typed my password, a message popped saying that this organization requires me to change my password. Basically I have to change my password without wanting to and I cannot even use my own password. So I put in a new one and I then I want to change it back to...
  5. Unable to make changes to sign in option.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. optional diagnostic data unable to be changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    optional diagnostic data unable to be changed: I was trying to sign up for the windows insider programme, it asked me to turn diagnostic data from required to optional. It allows me to change it, but as soon as I exit the page the setting will go back to requiredis this a oversight on my end?thanks in advance...
  7. Unable to change the Require sign-in option

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to change the Require sign-in option: My Sign-in options in Settings/Accounts is as below:The Require sign-in dropdown is set to Every Time and I am unable to change it. How can I change it?I am using Windows 10 Pro. Is there a security policy somewhere overriding this?...
  8. NO Change in Projection mode

NO Change in Projection mode: Projection mode to tv does not change from Second screen only to Duplicate with Windows logo + P. When projecting laptop screen remains black https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-change-in-projection-mode/5a51d57f-c7ae-43a8-8fc2-0499c2be5233
  9. How to change options on Project Spartan?

in Browsers and Email
    How to change options on Project Spartan?: Just started looking at Spartan today and I'm struggling to work out how to do a few things, that I think were on the 'Internet Options' tab in IE. Can anyone tell me how to: Change how tabs work so when I open something in a new tab I automatically switch to that tab...
  10. Unable to change update restart options

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to change update restart options: Hi, Since the last update I can't change the restart options for the updates. I have Bitlocker enabled so the system restarts after the update and stays at the Bitlocker screen, would be nice to restart the system when I get home. Is there a way to get around this ? My...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change projection options