Windows 10: Unable to change resolution of 3rd monitor

Discus and support Unable to change resolution of 3rd monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running 2 extra monitors besides my laptop monitor. When I booted up today, monitor 3 is set at 640x480 and i can't change is, the option is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KerrySikora, May 13, 2022.

1. Unable to change resolution of 3rd monitor

I am running 2 extra monitors besides my laptop monitor. When I booted up today, monitor 3 is set at 640x480 and i can't change is, the option is not active . It has always been set to 1920x1080. How can i fix this

:)

KerrySikora, May 13, 2022

2. Monitor resolution

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with screen resolution. I will try to help you in fixing the issue.

To help you suggest more steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

What exactly happens when you try to change the screen resolution? Do you get any error message?

The recommended resolution on windows 10 is 1920 x 1080. Change the resolution to 1920 x 1080 and check.

The reason why your display was stretched sideways is because the resolution was in-corrected.

Here are the steps to change the screen resolution:

• Right Click the Desktop and select
      Screen Resolution.
    • Click the Make text and other items larger or smaller link.
    • In the Change only the text size section click the
      drop down menu
      to select the items you want to change.
    Hope the information was helpful

Nachappa C K, May 13, 2022
  3. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 13, 2022
  4. Unable to change resolution of 3rd monitor

Help! Windows 10 changed my resolution and can't see anything!!

Hi Etan,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Monitors can support resolutions that are lower than their native resolutions, but text won't look as sharp and the display might be small, centered on the screen, edged with black, or stretched. It is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display
    to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor. Your screen resolution needs to be at least
    1024x768 to have multiple windows and apps on your screen at the same time.

Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to set the Display Resolution on your monitor to the recommended level. Follow the below steps

• Open the Start menu and type Settings in the search bar.
    • Click on System and select Display.
    • Make sure that you have set the Change the size of the text, apps and other items to 100%
      recommended.
    • Click on Advanced display settings.
    • Select the monitor and make sure that you have selected Resolution
      to 1920*1080 Recommended.
    If the issue still persists, then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the display adapter then try to change the screen resolution.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall and reinstall the display drivers.  

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the Display Adapters and select Uninstall.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer to download the latest display adapters.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 13, 2022
Thema:

Unable to change resolution of 3rd monitor

1. Unable to change resolution of 3rd monitor - Similar Threads - Unable change resolution

2. Unable to change the Display Resolution/Aspect Ratio on 2nd monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change the Display Resolution/Aspect Ratio on 2nd monitor.: I don't understand why my second monitor left looks like this? it says the display resolution is 640x480 but should be and WAS 1680x1050. It somehow just... changed.. and I've tried doing the same 5 things that every single link on google suggests - update driver. select a...
  3. Unable to change resolution of 3rd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change resolution of 3rd monitor: I am running 2 extra monitors besides my laptop monitor. When I booted up today, monitor 3 is set at 640x480 and i can't change is, the option is not active . It has always been set to 1920x1080. How can i fix this...
  4. Unable to change resolution of 3rd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change resolution of 3rd monitor: I am running 2 extra monitors besides my laptop monitor. When I booted up today, monitor 3 is set at 640x480 and i can't change is, the option is not active . It has always been set to 1920x1080. How can i fix this...
  5. Display resolution on monitor changing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display resolution on monitor changing: When I use "Extend" when after pressing Win + P, my monitor resolution is fine. But then when I close the laptop lid or make it "Second screen only" the resolution becomes worse. Not really sure how it started or when but I am sure it wasn't always like this. I will attach a...
  6. unable to change resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to change resolutions: i've noticed a problem during the 25th of march when i wasn't able to change the resolutions in games, im always stuck on my native resolution. i can however fix this problem by changing the resolution in the windows settings or changing the resolution in the game's config...
  7. Unable to change resolution

Unable to change resolution: My monitor died so I'm trying to connect an extra TV instead. The TV is a 42" monitor, but the image is too large & all the images are hidden. I tried to change the resolution, but that field is grayed out. I checked the driver, but it says I have the best one. I don't think...
  8. Changing resolution in second monitor

Changing resolution in second monitor: I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell XPS15 laptop. I have hooked up a second monitor, and I get the "Input Not Supported" message on the second monitor an older Acer monitor. I believe I can get rid of it by changing the resolution on the second monitor, but I can't figure out...
  9. Unable to change screen resolution for external monitor

Unable to change screen resolution for external monitor: I have a Surface Laptop 3, and a Viotek 34" ultrawide monitor, connected through the Microsoft docking station using Display port to Mini-Display port. When I originally connected my laptop, I was able to adjust the external monitor's resolution with no problem. Recently,...
  10. Can't change monitor resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't change monitor resolution: During the install Windows 10 chose an incorrect monitor size. It chose a 19" and I have a 25". The resolution is set to 1024x768 nothing is displaying correctly. I need a 1900x1200 resolution but the drop down selector is greyed out and gives me no options other than the...