Windows 10: Unable to Change Sample Bitrate in Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to Change Sample Bitrate in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I just bought a new mixer (Mackie ProFX8), which attaches to my computer via USB. Didn't work the first time, so unplugged / replugged, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RTLeone, Dec 15, 2018.

1. RTLeone Win User

Unable to Change Sample Bitrate in Windows 10

Hi,

I just bought a new mixer (Mackie ProFX8), which attaches to my computer via USB. Didn't work the first time, so unplugged / replugged, and Windows detected it and automatically installed the driver (USB CODEC—no Mackie-exclusive drivers exist on their website).

So, I'm trying to use the mixer in the audio software, and am getting an error message that the input device (this mixer, which is attached to a microphone) does not match the bitrate as the output (my headphones, 48K). I went into the Windows 10 Sound Settings, went into Device Properties for USB CODEC, and saw that the bitrate is set to 1 channel, 44.1K). I change it to 2 channel, 48K and click Apply, but what happens is that the window closes, I still get the same error message from the software, go back into Device Properties, and see that nothing I changed saved (it's back to 44.1K).

Seems to be a problem on Windows end. How do I fix it?

Thanks!

:)

RTLeone, Dec 15, 2018
  2. PMinerYT Win User

No sound windows 10 after update, cant change bitrate

Hello, I recently updated to windows 10 from 8.1, and the sound doesn't work. I've uninstalled, and reinstalled drivers from both windows update, and the manufacturer. This computer is an Acer switch 10 SW5-012. Also, as states in the title, I can't change
    the bitrate. It is grayed out. Please help ungraying the input box where the bitrate is, as many online sources, many even on this community, have suggested to lower the bitrate. Any and all help is appreciated.

PMinerYT, Dec 15, 2018
  3. siksik6 Win User
    siksik6, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to Change Sample Bitrate in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable Change Sample

2. Where can I find support sample bitrates etc for the standard Windows codecs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I find support sample bitrates etc for the standard Windows codecs?: Note below that "Windows Media Player" and Windows 11 Media Player are two different applications.Problem: I have a media file *.MOV that plays fine on VLC but does not produce audio with Windows 11 Media Player. Does Windows 11 support the audio codec and if not, where can I...
  3. Unable to change sample rate/bit depth with BPHS1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change sample rate/bit depth with BPHS1: Hello!For a while I've been struggling with screensharing on a variety of apps, most noticably on Discord, during which as time moves along the audio would begin to get more crackly and staticky until it becomes unlistenable, and I'd have to start the stream over again. While...
  4. Unable to change sample rate/bit depth with BPHS1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change sample rate/bit depth with BPHS1: Hello!For a while I've been struggling with screensharing on a variety of apps, most noticably on Discord, during which as time moves along the audio would begin to get more crackly and staticky until it becomes unlistenable, and I'd have to start the stream over again. While...
  5. unable to change sample rate on high quality mic.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to change sample rate on high quality mic.: I need my mic quality to be lower for some games that don't register mine, but I've searched it up and no one really has a solution. I've tried the advanced audio settings but that's about all I could find on the internet....
  6. unable to change sample rate on high quality mic.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to change sample rate on high quality mic.: I need my mic quality to be lower for some games that don't register mine, but I've searched it up and no one really has a solution. I've tried the advanced audio settings but that's about all I could find on the internet....
  7. unable to change sample rate on high quality mic.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unable to change Mic Bitrate and audio quality

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change Mic Bitrate and audio quality: Recently I purchased a new computer and got windows 10 installed and wanted to change my mic from 24hz 192000 Hz the option to change it is just grayed out and doesn't let me click to change the option. I have had this mic on other computers and it isn't a problem. Any idea...
  9. Unable to change sample rate

Unable to change sample rate: So I read a bunch of forums saying that in order to change my sample rate I have to change it in the sound board. When I went to go do it however, it didn't let me change the sample rate. It's stuck at 8000 Hz or "Telephone Quality" and doesn't even let me select the option...
  10. UNABLE TO CHANGE SAMPLE RATE

UNABLE TO CHANGE SAMPLE RATE: I am attempting to change the Sample rate to 2 Channel 16 Bit 44100 Hz on the Recording Tab but this is greyed out and will not accept change Help ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-sample-rate/958ee021-1f33-4916-824b-bfa3886181a2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant change microphone bitrate

2. cant change bitrate mic

3. cant change bit rate of mic

4. changing microphone bitrate,
  5. change bitrate audio windows 10,
  6. windows 10 unable to change audio bitrate,
  7. windows 10 cant change bitrate,
  8. bit rate greyed out on advanced settings windows 10,
  9. where to change bit rate on windows,
  10. cant change audio bitrate - device in use,
  11. BITRATE OF WINDOWS CHANGE,