Windows 10: Unable to change SATA mode from IDE TO AHCI

Discus and support Unable to change SATA mode from IDE TO AHCI in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Sorry to bother you all. I am currently trying to change my SATA mode from IDE to AHCI but in my BIOS the option to change it is grayed out. Is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by InfernoWolf19, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Unable to change SATA mode from IDE TO AHCI

Sorry to bother you all. I am currently trying to change my SATA mode from IDE to AHCI but in my BIOS the option to change it is grayed out. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

My Specs are:

Packard Bell imedia S1800 PC

Ram: 2.0 GB DDR3

SSD: Crucial BX200

Media Accelerator/GPU: Intel® G41 Express Chipset

CPU: Intel® Celeron E330 Dual Core @ 2.50 Ghz

Motherboard: Veriton M275

Windows 10 64bit Pro.

Thanks.

:)

InfernoWolf19, Aug 17, 2019
  2. KubekVF Win User

Change SATA mode to AHCI from IDE

Good morning,

some time ago I installed Win 7 Pro. I haven't noticed that SATA mode is IDE. I wonder how I can switch now to AHCI. I have SSD and motherboard with SATA 3, so it would be shame to not do so.

I found some instructions on the internet but none of them seems to work for me on Windows 10 Pro 64bit (registry change, safe mode ...). I always get "INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE" BSOD
    after I change mode to AHCI and try to boot PC again.

Could I maybe use refresh or reset? Which could help me?

Thank you very much

KubekVF, Aug 17, 2019
  3. KubekVF Win User
    Change SATA mode to AHCI from IDE

I was able to change it now (I also had some issues with NICs so I decided to reinstall my PC but I wanted to keep my files, programs, settings .... ). Here is how:

• Lunch application "setup.exe" from path "c:\$Windows.~WS\Sources\Windows\" (simply running upgrade to 10 again, but this time from windows 10)
    • After first reboot, change SATA mode to AHCI and let Windows finish upgrade
    • Everything should be fine now
    I am now running my disks in AHCI mode now and even don't have (so far) issues I had before.

KubekVF, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Unable to change SATA mode from IDE TO AHCI

Changing IDE to AHCI Mode

I learned through trial (and lots of errors) too.

Before reading that, the only solution I knew of to switch over from IDE to AHCI mode was repartioning the drive, reformatting and reinstalling the OS with SATA mode set to AHCI in BIOS.

An drive setup in IDE mode works fine as a slave in a system set to AHCI.

Sasqui, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Unable to change SATA mode from IDE TO AHCI

1. Unable to change SATA mode from IDE TO AHCI - Similar Threads - Unable change SATA

2. AHCI and IDE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AHCI and IDE: Hello, I'm going to put two SSD and one HDD into a desktop. They should arrive from NewEgg today. I know the SSD's need to be AHCI, but looking in the bios I see I can set SATA channels 1 - 4 as AHCI but still have the option of setting 5 & 6 as IDE. Is it best to put the...
  3. AHCI and IDE

in Windows 10 Support
    AHCI and IDE: Hello, I'm going to put two SSD and one HDD into a desktop. They should arrive from NewEgg today. I know the SSD's need to be AHCI, but looking in the bios I see I can set SATA channels 1 - 4 as AHCI but still have the option of setting 5 & 6 as IDE. Is it best to put the...
  4. IDE To SATA Drive Not Recognised

IDE To SATA Drive Not Recognised: I have a SAMSUNG 40GB IDE HDD that I took out of an old case. I acquired an IDE to SATA adapter. The drive turns on; no strange noises, or anything. It looks pretty much band new, dispite it being 15 years old. It's not recognised by Windows, and it doesn't seem to show up in...
  5. IDE drive to SATA host

IDE drive to SATA host: I an trying to reuse old IDE drives and DVD writers in a system that only has SATA on board. I bought two kinds of adaptor board for it but none of them works. Here are the two boards: [img] [img] I've tried them on 2 PCs (B75 and Z97 chipset, both run Windows 10), 3 old...
  6. Unable to change from Intel RST (fakeraid) to AHCI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to change from Intel RST (fakeraid) to AHCI: For various reasons, I am attempting to change my system from Intel RST to AHCI. I followed the various guides I have found on the internet to go about this. Here was my process: 1. cmd: bcdedit /set {current} safeboot minimal 2. regedit: changed...
  7. How to change AHCI mode HP Laptop

How to change AHCI mode HP Laptop: How to change AHCI mode HP Laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/win-10/f884e5df-a7ff-4f8c-9d21-9409c8d85007
  8. Problem with USB2 to IDE/SATA Bridge

Problem with USB2 to IDE/SATA Bridge: Hi! I recently tried to use this device which worked on Windows 7 Professional before upgrading to 10. I found that the USB2 device fluctuated from appearing in Device Manager. Also the SATA drive appeared as named device, then Local drive or disappeared completely. I...
  9. AHCI vs regular Native IDE

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    AHCI vs regular Native IDE: Hello. I feel that setting your SATA harddisks to AHCI mode can be mandatory when you have a SSD drive. Doing some benchmarks on my Intel i7 shows that my SSD it's 50% slower running under IDE. Besides I am not sure but does IDE support TRIM commands? But what about...
  10. I need to change my SATA Controlller mode to IDE but I can not find it

I need to change my SATA Controlller mode to IDE but I can not find it: I recently had my PlayStation 3 system corrupt, and I had two options, to delete all of my data and start new, or go trough a long process to restore my data. To restore my data, I need to change my computer to the SATA Controller mode IDE, but I can not find it in the...