Windows 10: Unable to change screen brightness

Discus and support Unable to change screen brightness in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am completely unable to change my screen brightness, either through settings or the control panel. I have tried everything the internet suggested,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by samdavey1, Jun 10, 2019.

1. samdavey1 Win User

Unable to change screen brightness

I am completely unable to change my screen brightness, either through settings or the control panel. I have tried everything the internet suggested, including community solutions, but none of them work. it began after the most recent windows update, where the change brightness button disappeared from the battery section on the taskbar. I could change the brightness through settings for a bit, but that eventually stopped working too. although my computer says its changing the brightness of the screen, nothing actually happens.

Please help me fix this! the brightness hurts my eyes and makes it hard to read text.

thanks

:)

samdavey1, Jun 10, 2019

2. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

FrostyTigerXP, Jun 10, 2019
  3. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Jun 10, 2019
  4. ICG01 Win User

Change screen brightness

My laptop screen is dull. Need to make it brighter. However the suggestion --> Start - Settings - System - Brightness and color

does not work. It is already set to max. brightness but there is no reaction. Screen remains dull. By the way there is no change if I move slide to minimum brightness, it would not change brightness level at all. Any suggestion?

ICG01, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to change screen brightness - Similar Threads - Unable change screen

2. unable to change brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to change brightness: i dont any slider to change my brightness, i've tried doing all the driver updates and whatnot and nothing has changed, its becoming really annoying at night when my screen is bright and i have to use something like night light which ruins the colours...
  3. unable to change brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to change brightness: i dont any slider to change my brightness, i've tried doing all the driver updates and whatnot and nothing has changed, its becoming really annoying at night when my screen is bright and i have to use something like night light which ruins the colours...
  4. unable to change brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to change display brightness

Unable to change display brightness: The problem is simple to explain - display brightness can't be changed. Brightness slider isn't accessible anywhere. Not in the action center, not in the settings. I've followed every tutorial on the internet but still, I can't make the slider appear. There is a slider in...
  6. Unable to change brightness

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to change brightness: I am unable to change my brightness through the battery icon in the taskbar. Instead I have to go into settings and adjust it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-brightness/29770dc0-bdef-4a59-aa78-5f6e01dd12b2
  7. Unable to change screen brightness and night light shift

Unable to change screen brightness and night light shift: I don't know how long now but I am unable to change my screen brightness and night shift settings. I updated to the new software a while back and only recently noticed that my battery has been dying sooner than it should have. Today I reset my laptop and it had no effect...
  8. unable to change screen brightness with function keys

unable to change screen brightness with function keys: Dear community, I've got a new HP ProBook 430 G5 running Windows 10 Home. I am having difficulties with adjusting the brightness of the screen via the function keys. I can do it manually but I would prefer being able to use F3 and F4. The other Function Keys work when...
  9. G551JM - Unable to change screen brightness in w10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    G551JM - Unable to change screen brightness in w10: I know there are a lot of similar case with me but trust me, i have went through all the possible solutions that I have came across but none of them solve my eye discomfort situation. So let me share again my problem here and what I have done in order to outcome the...
  10. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop: So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around...