Windows 10: unable to change selective startup to normal startup

Discus and support unable to change selective startup to normal startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; whenever I tried to change selective startup to normal startup. After restart again it shifted back to selective startup.what should i do.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ManpreetSingh_, May 5, 2021.

1. unable to change selective startup to normal startup

whenever I tried to change selective startup to normal startup. After restart again it shifted back to selective startup.what should i do.

:)

ManpreetSingh_, May 5, 2021
  2. JamesJoey Win User

Unable to Change Startup Selection

The system configuration - startup selection is set to selective startup.
    I didn't so this and I'm unable to change it.
    When I tick normal startup and reboot it reverts back to selective startup.

Any ideas how to change this?
    James

JamesJoey, May 5, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Unable to Change Startup Selection

Hello James, unable to change selective startup to normal startup :)

This is normal. It's been like this since Windows 7 at least.

As long as all items are checked under "Selective startup", it will effectively be the same as having "Normal startup" selected.

unable to change selective startup to normal startup [​IMG]

Brink, May 5, 2021
  4. unable to change selective startup to normal startup

Unable to change from selective startup to normal Startup

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that windows is unable to revert to Normal Startup from Selective startup.

To be able to assist you better, provide us a few more details on the below questions.

• What exactly do you mean by "locking up" ? Are you referring to the Lock screen which gets activated?
    • Did you check If you have disabled anything (including services) at boot?

You could check to make sure that all of your startup items are enabled. Because, if not, then under such circumstances, you will have a Selective Startup in Windows.

Write to us with the updated information. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 5, 2021
Thema:

unable to change selective startup to normal startup

1. unable to change selective startup to normal startup - Similar Threads - unable change selective

2. Startup Selection Reverts from Normal to Selective Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup Selection Reverts from Normal to Selective Startup: When I select "normal startup" in System Config it always reverts back to "selective startup". All the boxes in Advanced T. S.have been cleared. I have read on this forum I'm not alone with this issue and isn't really a problem. My question is if I select the " make all boot...
  3. set selective startup to normal startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    set selective startup to normal startup: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amw9ge5K2qfAc4ecpewnu1YUwU0?e=PpCP9eon selecting normal startupafter restart it back switch into selective startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-selective-startup-to-normal-startup/4462d18e-c5e1-4939-86d4-7f38755e6759
  4. Changing startup selections

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing startup selections: When I run "msconfig" without administrator privileges, the "selective startup" option is chosen, and "Load system services" and "Load system items" boxes are ticked. Whenever I try to change any options, it would revert when I close the window and run it again. When I run it...
  5. what's the problem switching selective to normal startup?

in Windows 10 Support
    what's the problem switching selective to normal startup?: see right here, before I selected normal startup, it was on selective startup. When I changed to normal startup I got the bsod 0xc000000e winload.exe error, and no boot. Had to load the RE off flash and run commands to fixmbr and rebuildbcd. Is it just my PC like that? I...
  6. Windows Keeps Selecting Selective Startup In MSconfig Rather Than Normal Startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Keeps Selecting Selective Startup In MSconfig Rather Than Normal Startup: why does windows keep selecting selective startup rather than normal startup, when it picks selective startup it stops me from being able to launch certain programs as it disables most of them submitted by /u/DGW04 [link] [comments]...
  7. startup reverts to selective from normal

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    startup reverts to selective from normal: I see that startup reverts to selective from normal after reboot. Why would this happen and should it be this way. I had a builder make my PC and perhaps something in the UEFI causes is? I always though normal was the default under ordinary circumstances. 136082
  8. Startup not normal

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup not normal: Hi, Just installed new version of Win 10 Pro. Often -but not always- from a cold restart get a pretty picture and only 3 icons in bottom right of screen : 1) Connect to Internet , 2) Ease of Access and 3) Shutdown. Rebooting brings system back to normal. Can't seem to...
  9. Unable to Change Startup Selection

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Change Startup Selection: The system configuration - startup selection is set to selective startup. I didn't so this and I'm unable to change it. When I tick normal startup and reboot it reverts back to selective startup. Any ideas how to change this? James 67757
  10. startup selective not normal.

in Windows 10 Support
    startup selective not normal.: My startup always returns to selective, i don't know why. 44150

Users found this page by searching for:

1. force change swlective startup to normal