Windows 10: Unable to Change settings or Delete Account in Windows Mail

Discus and support Unable to Change settings or Delete Account in Windows Mail in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So, I noticed a calendar event was missing from my calendar. I thought I would try turning off the Calendar sync and turn it back to see if that would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JerryCP, Sep 15, 2020.

1. JerryCP Win User

Unable to Change settings or Delete Account in Windows Mail

So, I noticed a calendar event was missing from my calendar. I thought I would try turning off the Calendar sync and turn it back to see if that would fix it.

First problem: "Change mailbox sync settings" are grey'd and can't do anything there, see below screenshot.

Unable to Change settings or Delete Account in Windows Mail 13732d29-d032-47cf-b7e1-bd774e0759c0?upload=true.png

So I thought I would try deleting the account, but then I got this error:

Something went wrong. We're sorry, but we weren't able to do that. Error code: 0x800706d9. See below screenshot

Unable to Change settings or Delete Account in Windows Mail 383e484f-c081-4f32-9687-945963882489?upload=true.png

Anyone have any suggestions?? Thank you!!

:)

JerryCP, Sep 15, 2020
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Sep 15, 2020
  3. allen1000 Win User
    Unable to Delete a Windows 10 Mail Account

Hi

This is what you need to do:

• Right click on the windows start menu and select the control panel
    • Select the user accounts and the then make changes to my account in PC settings
    • Change the Microsoft user account to Local user account
    • Then go to the mail app and you will see the delete option.
    • Last, change your Local user account to Microsoft user account if you want to.

allen1000, Sep 15, 2020
  4. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to Change settings or Delete Account in Windows Mail - Similar Threads - Unable Change settings

2. Remove/change deleted E-Mail of microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove/change deleted E-Mail of microsoft account: Hello, I want to remove the main e-mail-adress of my local microsoft account As you can see in the first picture, I have 2 different E-Mails for my account. But whenever I for example try to download something, it automatically wants me to log in with the one above, which I...
  3. Deleted Mail Account & folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted Mail Account & folders: HiI have a fairly new Dell Windows 10 computer and set up the Mail account that came with it. Unfortunately the account got accidentally deleted and all the storage folders, and their emails, that I created under more also disappeared. I have reinstalled the account and have...
  4. Win 10 / Settings / Accounts / E-mail & accounts - Unable to Remove Account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 / Settings / Accounts / E-mail & accounts - Unable to Remove Account.: Hello there. I'm having a problem Removing an account from Windows 10 / Settings / Account / E-mail & accounts I've attached a screenshot below. The top account is the normal one an Exchange e-mail address set up through Microsoft. The second one is a work one I no longer...
  5. Deleting an e-Mail account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting an e-Mail account: I have looked at many similar posted questions, but can't seem to follow any of the suggested answers. All I want to do is delete my outlook email account (not Microsoft account), one of the answers says I should log into my Microsoft account and click on settings, but I...
  6. Can't delete Mail account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete Mail account: I run W10 on a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop. I've been trying to delete an account, but when I click the account, the pop-up for dealing with the account doesn't show up--it just flashes on and off without giving me the chance to work with account. How do I make the pop-up stay...
  7. deleting outlook mail account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    deleting outlook mail account: how do I permanently delete my outlook mail account using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-outlook-mail-account/06bcc1ab-a169-45db-a243-e582485f25ea
  8. Deleting a mail account in Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleting a mail account in Windows 10 Mail App: I have installed several mail accounts in Windows 10 mail like IMAP, icloud and Google mails. Suddenly they were not able to syncronise and seemed to have stopped working. I wanted to delete all the accounts and reconfigure them again, however I were not able to delete the...
  9. deleting email accounts in mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleting email accounts in mail: For some reason i am unable to remove accounts from mail. I have been into accounts section in mail and i have clicked on the account i want to delete but nothing happens. Normally the account comes up and you click on it are asked to edit or delete it in a page in the...
  10. No delete option in settings for mail accounts

in Browsers and Email
    No delete option in settings for mail accounts: I followed the tutorial and in account settings there is no option to delete the mail account. There is sync settings then account settings but below that no delete options. Please explain how to add the delete option or provide support with regard to deleting the account 44643