Windows 10: Unable to change spoof MAC Address on Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to change spoof MAC Address on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I followed every tutorial on this page except for the downloading external software part, and all other websites seem to follow the same tutorials.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gamepro5, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Gamepro5 Win User

Unable to change spoof MAC Address on Windows 10

I followed every tutorial on this page except for the downloading external software part, and all other websites seem to follow the same tutorials. Despite this, I was unable to change my mac address, It simply did not change when I checked with the "getmac" command.

I can't find any alternative methods anywhere so I am stuck with this not working. I also used the two following commands:

reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0010 /v NetworkAddress /d 002622D90EFC /f

and

reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0010 /v NetworkAddress /t REG_SZ /d 002622D90EFC /f

because 0010 was where my network was located. I hope I didn't break something trying these commands.

Mine did not have a "Network Address" option in the advanced settings, so I used the "locally administered address" just like onthis site. It is important to note that I use a ethernet connection.

I tried updating the drivers as well, that didn't change anything.

If anyone knows how I can spoof my mac address on windows 10 I would love to know. It was so easy when I did it for my Macbook without ethernet.

:)

Gamepro5, Sep 7, 2020

2. Unmasking a spoofed MAC address

even if you got it, not much you can do. But yeah the only MAC in the packets would be the spoofed one. Best way to go is just keep filtering for an allowed list, and put encryption on your wireless so no1 can sniff other mac addresses.

Hybrid_theory, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Munki Win User
    Unmasking a spoofed MAC address

The MAC did not identify with any manufacturer.

FF-EE-DD-CC-BB-AA

^ This is the MAC spoofed.

Munki, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Munki Win User

Unmasking a spoofed MAC address

Brief background:

Network was penetrated, user had a spoofed MAC address.

Essential Question:

How can I unmask the true MAC address?

Other Information:

A NIC card has its MAC address hard coded into its chip. Physically unchangeable, unless you have a NIC that allows you to flash it. You can spoof it on the virtual side, which only makes it masked to other computers. When I checked logs this false MAC appears, I need to learn the correct (True) MAC address.

Sincerely,
    Munki

Munki, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to change spoof MAC Address on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable change spoof

2. mac address

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mac address: Hi, Good time Why does my system MAC address change every time I install new Windows? I really need my MAC address to stay the same. And this is the third time that it has changed with the installation of the new Windows 10. I participate in courses that provide codes...
  3. mac address

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mac address: Hi, Good time Why does my system MAC address change every time I install new Windows? I really need my MAC address to stay the same. And this is the third time that it has changed with the installation of the new Windows 10. I participate in courses that provide codes...
  4. changing MAC address with intel web adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    changing MAC address with intel web adapter: Hi was wondering if someone could help me. I have been trying to change my MAC address and have been struggling with normal methods ie: control centre and command prompt. I've read that Intel Network adapters make it pretty hard to change the MAC address. My network adapter...
  5. MAC address changes on reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MAC address changes on reboot: My PC's MAC address changes on reboot even though the "Random hardware address" option is disabled in WiFi settings. This is creating issues as my university uses a captive login portal that requires each device's MAC address to be registered....
  6. Issue in MAC address - Mac change without knowing in windows 10

Issue in MAC address - Mac change without knowing in windows 10: Hi, Recently i have seen some unusual change in network card MAC(Windows 10), I have two Windows 10 PC with DHCP assigned IPs (Reserved IPs). Few weeks back DHCP sever issued new IPs for those PCs without any human intention. After that i have check and notice both have...
  7. Windows 10 , Random Mac Address

Windows 10 , Random Mac Address: Hi, 2.5.0.0 I want a discuss a case for windows 10. I’m trying to find a solution for it so could you please support me. The case is as following we bought a 500 windows license on a dell laptops. All windows have a feature called RANDOM MAC ADDRESS, I know that you can...
  8. MAC Address, MAC ID

MAC Address, MAC ID: Anyone know where I can find my MAC address or MAC ID? I have a Microsoft HP Laptop/touchscreen with Windows 10 and I need the MAC address, Where do I go to find out that information???...
  9. Change Wifi Router Mac Address

Change Wifi Router Mac Address: How can I change my Cisco Cable Modem's Mac Address>*Biggrin 42984
  10. Windows 10 changing MAC Address and remove Machine GUID

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 changing MAC Address and remove Machine GUID: I have couple of questions here, Does changing your mac address, removing machine GUID, and changing the hostname harm to your computer ? 79091