Windows 10: Unable to change taskbar color to black after update

Discus and support Unable to change taskbar color to black after update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Back on version 1809 I my taskbar color was set to pitch black as well as most of my other color options, however, with the new 1903 update I can only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by williamcll, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Unable to change taskbar color to black after update

Back on version 1809 I my taskbar color was set to pitch black as well as most of my other color options, however, with the new 1903 update I can only go up to a dark grey. I've tried solutions on other threads but they still leave the taskbar grey. Any ideas?

:)

williamcll, Aug 28, 2019

2. Unable to change Taskbar color

Hello. I just did the Windows 10 update and now I'm unable to change the color of my Taskbar. I followed these instructions:

To change the color of your taskbar, select the
    Start button
    > Settings >
    Personalization
    > Colors
    > Show accent color on the following surfaces. Select the box next to
    Start, taskbar, and action center. This will change the color of your taskbar to the color of your overall theme.

The problem is that the box next to Start, taskbar, and action center is shaded and will not accept it to be selected.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Joseph_Lynch##, Aug 28, 2019
  3. eddiepop Win User
    Changing background color of taskbar

New windows 10 installation; background color of taskbar is ugly black, and can't figure out how to change it. Any suggestions?

eddiepop, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Unable to change taskbar color to black after update

Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Unable to change taskbar color to black after update

1. Unable to change taskbar color to black after update - Similar Threads - Unable change taskbar

2. Unable to change the taskbar color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change the taskbar color: Unable to enable the option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-the-taskbar-color/e7acb07c-f3af-4cf5-b6ad-8d492d3e274f
  3. After the update the color of the taskbar and background image is black and I can't change...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After the update the color of the taskbar and background image is black and I can't change...: [IMG] submitted by /u/IhateEfrickingA [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/io7wjz/after_the_update_the_color_of_the_taskbar_and/
  4. Unable to change taskbar color

Unable to change taskbar color: I'm not sure what Microsoft did with the new updates but I have lost the color on my taskbar and none of the suggestions are helping me. The box to check to apply color to the taskbar is greyed out. I have tried the taskbar bar settings and personalization. Please fix this, I...
  5. Can't change taskbar color after update

Can't change taskbar color after update: After installing the most recent update 3/24/20 KB4541335 the taskbar color can't be changed. UnderSettings >> Colors >> Choose your accent color, blue is selected checkmark shows blue is selected, but the taskbar remains black. Any color I choose, the taskbar remains black....
  6. change taskbar color

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    change taskbar color: change taskbar color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-taskbar-color/961f938b-8a62-4c9d-ba77-58298886846f
  7. Change color to black

Change color to black: After the last update: August 13, 2019—KB4512508 (OS Build 18362.295). I noticed I get this message when trying to set the color black on the task bar. I get" " this color is not supported message" Now, do not tell me it is my driver or hardware because I have 8...
  8. Taskbar is too light.... Unable to change color

Taskbar is too light.... Unable to change color: Taskbar is too light.... Unable to change color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-is-too-light-unable-to-change-color/0aa01766-df74-4845-960e-55e30d1015ec
  9. Unable to change Taskbar color

Unable to change Taskbar color: Hello. I just did the Windows 10 update and now I'm unable to change the color of my Taskbar. I followed these instructions: To change the color of your taskbar, select the Start button > Settings > Personalization > Colors > Show accent color on the following surfaces....
  10. i WANT CHANGE THE TASKBAR COLOR TO BLACK.

i WANT CHANGE THE TASKBAR COLOR TO BLACK.: I WANT TO CHANGE TO TASKBAR COLOR TO BLACK. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-change-the-taskbar-color-to-black/3d6cbc1f-bdfe-4bd2-8677-2a8de4e4c2d3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar changed color to white

2. why cant i change my taskbar color

3. taskbar background changed from black to white

4. Show accent color on the following surfaces task bar locked,
  5. change taskbar to black,
  6. taskbar colour changed to black,
  7. w10 taskbar colour not supported,
  8. taskbar background color windows 10,
  9. taskbar light,
  10. how to change colour of taskbar after windows 10 update,
  11. w10 taskbar white,