Windows 10: Unable to change the date and time manually in Date and Time settings

Discus and support Unable to change the date and time manually in Date and Time settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The "change" button is grey and unclickable... how do I fix this? I'd like to set my clock to 12 hours instead of 24.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FearWarfare1666, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Unable to change the date and time manually in Date and Time settings

The "change" button is grey and unclickable... how do I fix this? I'd like to set my clock to 12 hours instead of 24.

:)

FearWarfare1666, Jul 30, 2020

2. Date and Time Year is 3015 and can't change to 2015.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as manual. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to manual.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.

Restart your computer and try to change the date and time and check.

To change the date and time, follow the steps provided below.

• Go to Date and time settings.
    • First, turn of the set time automatic.
    • Then Click on Change button, under Change date and time.
    • Now set the date and time, and then restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Date & Time - Automatic Updates = FAIL & Unable to Manually Set

Date & Time - Automatic Updates = FAIL & Unable to Manually Set

Since the major update applied March 3rd to my Windows 10 work laptop:

• Location sensing is not working - the laptop is unable to accurately determine where I am in the USA (timezone)
    • Unable to manually edit time (greyed out)
    • Automatic Time = forward one hour despite correct location coding & auto daylight savings time enabled

Basically - cannot manually update and auto updating blows.

PlattenFaust, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Unable to change the date and time manually in Date and Time settings

date and time setting

I am always having to manually change the time on my computer, the date seems to stay but the time is right for a short time and then it changes on its own. I have set the setting for manually and auto, and each setting I am having the same issue. I
    also noticed Eastern Standard Time is not listed so I have had to play with what is listed to get the time to show correctly. Any ideas ??

RachelSherman2, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Unable to change the date and time manually in Date and Time settings

1. Unable to change the date and time manually in Date and Time settings - Similar Threads - Unable change date

2. Unable to manually set date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to manually set date: I have a peculiar problem with my windows, in that I cannot manually set my date. Whatever I change it to, Windows corrects itself within a minute or so, even though I have disabled the setting to "Set time automatically". Just to be sure I also disabled "Set the time zone...
  3. Unable to manually set date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to manually set date: I have a peculiar problem with my windows, in that I cannot manually set my date. Whatever I change it to, Windows corrects itself within a minute or so, even though I have disabled the setting to "Set time automatically". Just to be sure I also disabled "Set the time zone...
  4. Unable to change Date & Time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change Date & Time: For some reason on a Windows 10 system, I can not change the Date and Time. I have opened Settings > Time & Language >Date & Time. Turned off Set time automatically. Then click Change. Then I selected a different Month.When I hit Change, the Current date and time changes to...
  5. Date and Time Settings

Date and Time Settings: I would like to have my time in military time but I am unable to find a setting to change it to that. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-and-time-settings/2fcabe0d-8e83-4e18-9ed4-d6e22b0b21b5
  6. Settings-Date and Time

Settings-Date and Time: Hi Microsoft, I have an issue with the settings on Windows 10 where under date and time, my computer doesn't show the correct time after Daylight Savings changed the clocks. I tried updating to the latest software, that didn't work, I tried syncing connection to the Windows...
  7. Date and Time settings

Date and Time settings: Time and date are wrong on my computer. How do I change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-and-time-settings/0d2884b8-76df-4ef9-b077-a96fc406d36f
  8. Date and time setting

Date and time setting: Date and time /time zone setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-and-time-setting/1e34de3e-fa5c-46f2-ad03-034d759496dd
  9. date and time setting

date and time setting: I am always having to manually change the time on my computer, the date seems to stay but the time is right for a short time and then it changes on its own. I have set the setting for manually and auto, and each setting I am having the same issue. I also noticed Eastern...
  10. date and time set

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    date and time set: since updating bios date an time does not update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/date-and-time-set/e2a8ffe3-14e9-46c5-bff0-b287e3b39c07