Windows 10: Unable to change the date taken for a video clip in Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to change the date taken for a video clip in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Try to change "date taken" for a video clip. Although the "read only" box is empty, the system stubbornly refuses to accept a new date. Anyway, with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GustavTrinkaus, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Unable to change the date taken for a video clip in Windows 10

Try to change "date taken" for a video clip. Although the "read only" box is empty, the system stubbornly refuses to accept a new date. Anyway, with images, stored in the same folder, there was no problem at all to change the date.

***Title modified from : Windows 10***

:)

GustavTrinkaus, Nov 14, 2018

2. No Date Taken on Video

Hi Isacc,

Thanks for the reply, however this doesn't not help. I guess I wan't clear enough, my phone has the proper date and time.

If I take a video on 2011.06.01 and import on 2011.06.20 the date taken is not brought over, it will appear as though the video was taken on 2011.06.20. Make sense?

If I take a photo on 2011.06.01 and import on 2011.06.20 the date taken is brought over and it will appear as though the photo was taken on 2011.06.01.

I help that clarifies the situation?

Thanks,

MD

Mike DePouw, Nov 14, 2018
  3. No Date Taken on Video

Hello,

I'm reviewing my videos taken on my phone and the Date and Time Taken are not correct. The date maybe but definitely not the time. And I'm not sure the date isn't the date imported not date taken.

The pics appear to be working fine.

Why am I losing my date and time taken information on videos I've recorded on my WP7 phone??

Phone: LG
    Model: LG-C900
    Operator: AT&T
    Phone OS: Latest Public. Btw the about screen doesn't give a full version # like 7.0.0.5
    Zune Version: Not sure, it's on another computer I don't currently have access to.
    OS Version: Win 7 Ultimate

Thanks,

MD

Michael DePouw, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Neal_947 Win User

Unable to change the date taken for a video clip in Windows 10

No Date Taken on Video

I also have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Neal_947, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Unable to change the date taken for a video clip in Windows 10

1. Unable to change the date taken for a video clip in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable change date

2. Photo app properly sorts photos by date taken, but all videos appear as taken today...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app properly sorts photos by date taken, but all videos appear as taken today...: I have an issue with videos not sorting chronologically as to date taken in Windows 11 Photo App. Photos all sort properly by date taken. Today I exported some old videos and photos from Apple's Photo Library app onto a flash drive and then imported into Windows app, using...
  3. Photo app properly sorts photos by date taken, but all videos appear as taken today...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo app properly sorts photos by date taken, but all videos appear as taken today...: I have an issue with videos not sorting chronologically as to date taken in Windows 11 Photo App. Photos all sort properly by date taken. Today I exported some old videos and photos from Apple's Photo Library app onto a flash drive and then imported into Windows app, using...
  4. How to change the date taken date of a folder of old scanned photos. WIndows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change the date taken date of a folder of old scanned photos. WIndows 10: In searching for this topic, I found a reference to select all then click Edit>.However, edit only works on one file at a time. It is grayed out when multiple files are selected.Is there a solution?I'm running Windows 10 on a Surface Pro.Thanks!...
  5. How to change the date taken date of a folder of old scanned photos. WIndows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the date taken date of a folder of old scanned photos. WIndows 10: In searching for this topic, I found a reference to select all then click Edit>.However, edit only works on one file at a time. It is grayed out when multiple files are selected.Is there a solution?I'm running Windows 10 on a Surface Pro.Thanks!...
  6. How to change the date taken date of a folder of old scanned photos. WIndows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Videos have no value for "Date taken" in one drive

Videos have no value for "Date taken" in one drive: Hello,I am trying to sort a bunch of clips by their dates in one drive, but some clips inexplicably show no data in the "Date taken" field, and therefore cannot be sorted by date. Some clips however do show the correct date and I have no idea why it works for some clips and...
  8. Jpg Date Taken Not Shown

Jpg Date Taken Not Shown: Hello if I right click on a photo, select properties, details, then under origin the date taken field does not show a date. Any fix ? Thanks in advance ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-date-taken-not-shown/660389de-bef5-4ae1-afcb-f65569c800bd"
  9. windows 10 changes ‘date taken’ date.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 changes ‘date taken’ date.: Windows photo editor 10 has changed the date taken date to when I modified the photo with edits. How do I get original “date taken “date back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-changes-date-taken-date/8f1cfce8-7af4-4e75-afba-d5a8f52b7ec8
  10. Try to change "date taken" for a video clip. Although the "read only" box is empty.

Try to change "date taken" for a video clip. Although the "read only" box is empty.: Try to change "date taken" for a video clip. Although the "read only" box is empty, the system stubbornly refuses to accept a new date. Anyway, with images, stored in the same folder, there was no problem at all to change the date....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to change date taken windows 10

2. change date taken video windows

3. windows 10 edit date video was taken