Windows 10: Unable to change the import destination in photos

Discus and support Unable to change the import destination in photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why am I unable to change the destination folder when I try to import photo's from my camera. Every time I try, the app just disappears. I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KarlPoole, Mar 25, 2019.

1. KarlPoole Win User

Unable to change the import destination in photos

Why am I unable to change the destination folder when I try to import photo's from my camera. Every time I try, the app just disappears. I have to import to the folder that is already in the app and then move the pictures. This never used to happen.

:)

KarlPoole, Mar 25, 2019
  2. Ruz San Win User

importing photos

Thank you for clearing that out. It looks like you are importing the files using the Photos app. When you import photos using this app, the files get imported into your Pictures library. To view these files, refer to these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • On the list of folders on the left side of the window, click on Pictures. You shall see the photos imported from the SD card using the Photos app.

Another option you have is to import the files solely using File Explorer. Here's how you can do it:

• Connect the SD card into the computer.
    • Launch File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Locate your SD card under Devices and drives.
    • Double-click on the SD card.
    • Manually choose which photos to move into your local folders. Right-click on each photo and choose
      Copy (Ctrl + C) then go to the destination folder then right-click on an empty space in the window and select
      Paste (Ctrl + V).
    • If you are importing all the photos, you can press Ctrl + A on the keyboard to select all of the files. Copy then Paste them into the destination folder.
    • If you are importing selective photos, hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the photos you want to copy. This will let you choose a number of photos instead of selecting all of them like what Step 7 suggests.

Once you're able to get the hang of the tricks, importing photos will not be a challenge anymore.

Tell us which method works best for you.

We're here if you need more help.

Ruz San, Mar 25, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to import photos

Hi Georgio,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• How are you trying to import photos?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your hardware and devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter
    I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/import-photos-videos

It applies to Windows 10 also.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you

Arun B J, Mar 25, 2019
  4. Unable to change the import destination in photos

Windows 10 Photos - crash when changing import destination

during an import, I click on Import Settings -> Change the Import destination. I select an existing folder in my Pictures directory. Windows Photos closes.

ChrisClarke7, Mar 25, 2019
Thema:

Unable to change the import destination in photos

1. Unable to change the import destination in photos - Similar Threads - Unable change import

2. Photos app - unable to change photos import destination

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app - unable to change photos import destination: I am not able to change the destination of my pictures when importing using Photos. I was able to do this a few days ago but something changed. When I clicked on the change the destination button, I get a list of folders that I can use but when I select one, the app clocks...
  3. Unable to locate imported photos

Unable to locate imported photos: Wondered if anyone could help with an issue i have with importing photos from an iPhone into Windows 10? I've gone through the process of importing the photos and selected a designated folder for them to go to but even after it says they have imported there is no sign of...
  4. photo import destination changed

photo import destination changed: Before Dec 2020 started I was able to import pictures and the app would set up a new file in the YYY-MM-DD format for the destination. Now I have to create a new file and each time I import photos, I need to change the destination to the file. Why has this changed? It is a...
  5. Photos app keeps changing photo destination

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos app keeps changing photo destination: Hello! I've been able to import photos just fine in the past, but recently the Photos app has changed where my photos get imported to. I want to import them to my external hard drive, where they have been going, but Windows keeps changing the destination. This is when I...
  6. Importing photos - suddenly unable to change import destination

Importing photos - suddenly unable to change import destination: I have been importing photos for many years without issue. However, recently, the import destination defaults to: C:\Users\me\OneDrive\Pictures. I don't have OneDrive operational on my laptop so, obviously, don't want that destination. I try to amend the destination to my...
  7. Import destination

in Windows 10 Customization
    Import destination: I have always been able to import pictures from my camera to Pictures. Now it goes into another file and not into This PC\Pictures. It asks if I want to change to a different destination, but will not let me do so. How do I change my import destination back to Pictures as...
  8. Windows 10 Photos App - crash when changing import destination

Windows 10 Photos App - crash when changing import destination: Every time I seek to upload photos from any USB device and seek to change the import destination folder, the app crashes. This was not a problem last month. I have followed instructions given on the forum here...
  9. Can not change import settings - i'e'. destination folder in photos

Can not change import settings - i'e'. destination folder in photos: When I click on 'change import settings' it will ledt me select a new folder but when i click on 'add to pictures' nothing changes and photos just shuts down....
  10. Windows 10 Photos - crash when changing import destination

Windows 10 Photos - crash when changing import destination: during an import, I click on Import Settings -> Change the Import destination. I select an existing folder in my Pictures directory. Windows Photos closes....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change import destination in photos

2. photo app unable to change import destination

3. change destininaion of import photos in custom address

4. change pucture import destination windows 10,
  5. changing destination pictures import to,
  6. how to change import photo destination,
  7. how to changemy photo import path in win 10,
  8. how to change the destination of importing photos,
  9. cannot change destination folder to import images from handphone,
  10. change photo destination,
  11. How to select destination forlder for importing pictures,