Windows 10: Unable to change the incoming server settings from IMAP to POP on windows Live mail

Discus and support Unable to change the incoming server settings from IMAP to POP on windows Live mail in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Unable to change the incoming server settings from IMAP to POP on windows Live mail. Windows 10 running on PC. Unable to change the server settings.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MichaelHersh, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Unable to change the incoming server settings from IMAP to POP on windows Live mail

Unable to change the incoming server settings from IMAP to POP on windows Live mail.

Windows 10 running on PC.

Unable to change the server settings.

No error message.

Email address: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

MichaelHersh, Apr 11, 2021
  2. Bastet Win User

Windows Live Mail opens but won't load

It appears he just set up the account for imap but added the server details as pop not imap.
    If you feel unsure just set up a new account in Windows Live Mail by selecting imap & under the incoming settings use imap.kadokatelco.com & keeping the same smtp server settings as you posted incl SSL if it's been selected. You could try just changing the pop part of the server to imap if the server is set to imap as from your post it appears it is but has pop settings. Personally I think support didn't know what they were doing so setting up a new account while keeping the old will allow you to assure yourself the new account is working fine & if it is then you can delete the original account.

Bastet, Apr 11, 2021
  3. lgentry Win User
    More Successful Windows Live Mail Tests

UPDATE: After all the testing I wanted to report back on further developments in the Hotmail/outlook.com/Windows Live Mail 2012 issue. These are my detailed instructions on what I got to work for me.
    Originally, after applying the 12/17/16 version of the patch my account worked so long as I did not use the calendar. Then it dawned on me it was because neither of the accounts had as yet been converted to the new protocol. So I established a new outlook.com account and verified that it used the new sync protocol and sure enough it would not work even using the patched WLM. Not being one to give up easily I played around with this for days. I now have this account working in WLM using IMAP settings. So far so good. I believe it would also work using POP. Know that you still can't use the calendar. For anyone interested in trying this out here are the detailed instructions that I sent out to all my customers.
    Outlook.com IMAP settings for Live Mail or MicrosoftOffice Outlook as well as Smartphones

First verify outlook.com account . Your account must be verified. If you need a new verification link, here’s how to get it:

1. Sign in to the Microsoft account websiteMicrosoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft , and select “Your info.”
    2. Select Manage your sign-in email or phone number.
    3. Select Verify next to the email address, and then Send me verification email. (If you do not see VERIFY then your account is already verified.)
    4. Choose your method (either text message or alternate email) to receive your code. Enter the code in the box

Second, In Live Mail remove your existing account by right clicking on it-select remove account
    Click on File-Options-Email Accounts-click new and new account wizard will start.
    Enter your email address, password, click save password.
    Also enter your name.
    Check “manually configure settings” Next

Set up Live Mail with the following settings

Use the following settings in Live Mail or smart phone when using IMAP.

• Incoming (IMAP) Server
      • Server address: imap-mail.outlook.com
      • Port: 993
      • Encrypted Connection: SSL (Check server requires secure connection)
    • Outgoing (SMTP) Server
      • Server address: smtp-mail.outlook.com
      • Port: 25 (or 587 if 25 is blocked)
      • Authentication: Yes
      • Encrypted Connection: TLS (Server requires secure connection is UNCHECKED)
    • User name: Your email address
    • Password: Your password

When you get through Right click on your account in the account list-select properties
    Compare that your settings look like these in the following 3 photos substituting your information for mine, of course.

Unable to change the incoming server settings from IMAP to POP on windows Live mail [​IMG]

Unable to change the incoming server settings from IMAP to POP on windows Live mail [​IMG]

Now try sending an email to yourself to make sure it works. If it does STOP HERE.
    If it doesn’t work check that all your settings are correct and try again. (Also check that your account needs to be re-verified as in first step.)

Imap should work great. But if it doesn’t you can set it up as POP.

First turn on POP for your Outlook.com account.

1. Sign in to your Outlook.com account.
    2. Click the tools icon , and then click Options.
    3. Under Managing your account, click Connect devices and apps with POP.
    4. Under POP, select Enable.
    Select Don't let devices or apps delete messages … to override any delete requests.
    – Or if you prefer –
    Select Do what the device or app says … to allow devices and apps to delete messages from the inbox. Click Save.

Then set up your account use the following settings in your email app.

• Incoming (POP3) Server
      • Server address: pop-mail.outlook.com
      • Port: 995
      • Encrypted Connection: SSL (Server requires secure connection)
    • Outgoing (SMTP) Server
      • Encrypted Connection: TLS (Server requires secure connection is unchecked)
    • If you don’t want email to be deleted from your Outlook.com inbox after it’s downloaded to your email app, select the Leave a copy of messages on the server option.
    Even if you accidentally set up POP3 to delete messages after downloading them, Outlook.com will save a copy of the mail in a folder called POP until you verify the POP3 delete command.

lgentry, Apr 11, 2021
  4. Bastet Win User

Unable to change the incoming server settings from IMAP to POP on windows Live mail

Error in Live Mail ID !D 0x8DE00005

Your hotmail account has been upgraded to the new sync protocol, three choices, if contacts & calendar function of the account is important then you can add the account to the built in mail app, if these aren't important then you can either download the d.mail update found in Bloodhand's post here: ​Solved Update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (KB3093594) kills WLM - Page 16 - Windows 10 Forums then once installed change the sync server to eas.outlook.com. Or delete the account & recreate it using imap settings:

• Incoming (IMAP) Server
      • Server address: imap-mail.outlook.com
      • Port: 993
      • Encrypted Connection: SSL (Check server requires secure connection)
    • Outgoing (SMTP) Server
      • Encrypted Connection: TLS (Server requires secure connection is UNCHECKED)

Bastet, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Unable to change the incoming server settings from IMAP to POP on windows Live mail

1. Unable to change the incoming server settings from IMAP to POP on windows Live mail - Similar Threads - Unable change incoming

2. WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap: I am facing a weird problem and need help please.After installing windows 10 on a client computer, using a fresh ISO downloaded from Microsoft, I am stuck with a problem where the system can not connect to the ISP mail server, with POP3 and Imap setups tried, during setup....
  3. WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap: I am facing a weird problem and need help please.After installing windows 10 on a client computer, using a fresh ISO downloaded from Microsoft, I am stuck with a problem where the system can not connect to the ISP mail server, with POP3 and Imap setups tried, during setup....
  4. WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Mail: Incoming Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail: Incoming Mail: For some contacts in my address book, I don't see the Name / Surname appear in the inbox section. Even if in the "Contacts" section I have registered the person with his Name / Surname / Email, when I receive their emails I do not see the person's Name / Surname but only his...
  6. how to set up incoming and outgoing mail server port in windows 10 mail app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how to set up incoming and outgoing mail server port in windows 10 mail app: hi i'm trying to add my rediffmail email account in windows 10 mail app but i cant find anywhere to put incomingpop3 and outgoingsmtp mail server port, please help...
  7. Live mail fails to receive incoming emails from Google account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Live mail fails to receive incoming emails from Google account: I wish to use the Windows App Mail to receive emails from my Googlemail account on a brand new Dell laptop. It fails to receive although it does send emails. There is no reason why there should be any chance of corrupt files or installation - it is brand new! The account...
  8. my incoming mail server and outgoing mail server SMTP?

in Windows 10 Customization
    my incoming mail server and outgoing mail server SMTP?: Where do I look to find out the name of my incoming mail server and my outgoing mail server STMP? I new to this computer stuff, please help....
  9. Mail App - Cannot set up 'Other account POP, IMAP'

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App - Cannot set up 'Other account POP, IMAP': Hi, my first post on the forum - can someone help? I can't see how to set up 'Other account POP, IMAP' in the Win 10 mail app - or rather I can see how to set up accounts and either the app is faulty or I must be missing something, because I've tried using the advanced...
  10. How do I change font size in Windows Live Mail? (incoming)

in Browsers and Email
    How do I change font size in Windows Live Mail? (incoming): I figured out how to change the size of the menu bar in Windows Live Mail, but the incoming mail is minuscule. So small, I can hardly see it. I know how to change the font size for outgoing mail. Can't find anything about incoming. Thanks for any ideas. TRS 16889