Windows 10: Unable to change the location where new apps will be saved. Xbox (Beta) App.

Discus and support Unable to change the location where new apps will be saved. Xbox (Beta) App. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to change the location where the games are being installed on the Xbox (Beta) App. The app will take me to the settings screen and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Reltix, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Reltix Win User

Unable to change the location where new apps will be saved. Xbox (Beta) App.

Hi,

I'm trying to change the location where the games are being installed on the Xbox (Beta) App. The app will take me to the settings screen and when I attempt to change it to my D: drive I receive the following error message.

Unable to change the location where new apps will be saved. Xbox (Beta) App. 2254dbbe-64a2-4530-b76f-36e2cbd219db?upload=true.png

I can't seem to find a way to fix the issue. If anybody has any work around I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

:)

Reltix, Oct 24, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

New features arrive in the Xbox Beta app

Source:
    New features arrive in the Xbox Beta app | Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    New Xbox beta app update available for Windows 10

Source: Xbox (beta) app - Windows Store

Brink, Oct 24, 2019
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Unable to sign in on the Xbox (Beta) app on Windows 10

Hello Ba'athist Morpheus,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are unable to sign in to the Xbox (beta) App. We recommend installing the

Xbox Identity Provider application
    . Once you have installed the application, go ahead and launch the Xbox (beta) App. Also, we suggest making sure that

Windows 10 is up to date
    . If these troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, you can try performing

a clean boot
    before launching the Xbox (beta) App. Be sure to let us know the results!

XBF Leo G, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to change the location where new apps will be saved. Xbox (Beta) App. - Similar Threads - Unable change location

2. Changing where new apps are saved to NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing where new apps are saved to NOT WORKING: Hello, so i want to install Forza Horizon 5 from the microsoft store onto my computer and since the windows default drive is a small SSD for the use of windows and windows only i need all games to be installed onto my other HDD drive, this is not a problem with steam etc....
  3. Changing the location in which new apps are saved to.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing the location in which new apps are saved to.: I recently got a new ssd which now has windows 10, i am using the xbox game pass app to try and download games however when i am sent to the windows settings to change where the new apps are saved to, i.e. from my C: ssd to E: hdd it wont allow me to set it as my default save...
  4. Unable to change drive where new apps will save to 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change drive where new apps will save to 0x80070005: Hello, I recently reset my C drive and reinstalled windows Got a new drive. I would like to uninstall my old GamePass games and switch to that hard drive as the default install for new games. Changing the settings in Windows presents me with this error: [ATTACH] When I...
  5. Unable to switch where new apps will save to

Unable to switch where new apps will save to: Hello, I am trying to download a game that is larger than the available space in my Windows C: storage. In settings, I try to switch 'New apps will save to:' from Windows C: to Storage D:, but after clicking on apply, I get a popup window asking if I want to Delete other...
  6. Can't change where new apps are saved

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change where new apps are saved: [ATTACH] The title says it all. Please microsoft do something about it? Bassicly says here that this disk has other apps from another device. To use this disk the other apps need to be deleted first. Continue? If i hit yes this other error pops up. It says that it cant...
  7. Change where new apps will save to

Change where new apps will save to: I got xbox game pass and when trying to install it says I have to set up a new install location. When I try to do this it doesn't coming up with an error code which I have yet to find a solution to...
  8. Can't change where new apps are saved

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change where new apps are saved: Brief backstory (just in case it's relevant). I recently got a new PC, with an SSD for OS and boot programs. I then took my old hard drive, and popped it into the new tower. Steam picked up the games no problem, and other games I downloaded to the D drive worked just fine....
  9. Windows 10 Changing App default save location ("Change where new contant is saved")

Windows 10 Changing App default save location ("Change where new contant is saved"): Hi all, So aside from Microsoft's support sucking and their support bot being as useless as a calculator for an chinese kid, I got the Xbox (Beta) app for PC for the Game Pass, I want to install games but for some dumb reason, you can't have your own custom...
  10. Unable to change drive where new apps will save to.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to change drive where new apps will save to.: I recently reset my windows 10 pc, forgot to delete or uninstall old apps from my hdd, now when i try to change where new apps wil save i get the following message "Delete other apps?: This drive has apps from another device. To use this drive, the other apps must first be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant change windows 10 new apps location

2. unable to change where new apps are saved in windows settings

3. cant change where new apps will be saved